Disboards gets mention in college professor research on Disney "fandom"

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Interesting article starts out mentioning Disboards ....

Dr. Hutchins, a professor at Kennesaw State University, researches Disney fandom & communities, their influence on Disney, millennial influences, adult fans etc. She has also developed a Disney college course.

http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=471411#{"issue_id":471411,"page":12}

I don't know that we are the students ... more like we are the subjects of the research ... aka ... lab "mice" :earboy2:

That would be funny if part of the class was tracking Disney fans and what makes them tick

"Exhibit A: TheMaxRebo. This individual chooses to identify him/herself with a very minor character in the Star Wars Universe, prides him/herself on the use of spreadsheets when planning a trip to Walt Disney World and has no problem defending Disney's right to raise Hotel room prices despite the fact he/she never actually stays on property due to said prices. Conclusions: inconclusive - clearly a strange case"

That would be funny if part of the class was tracking Disney fans and what makes them tick

"Exhibit A: TheMaxRebo. This individual chooses to identify him/herself with a very minor character in the Star Wars Universe, prides him/herself on the use of spreadsheets when planning a trip to Walt Disney World and has no problem defending Disney's right to raise Hotel room prices despite the fact he/she never actually stays on property due to said prices. Conclusions: inconclusive - clearly a strange case"
:rotfl2:

I'm coming out as Exhibit B. :)

:rotfl2:

I'm coming out as Exhibit B. :)

I am first laughing ........... okay laughing out loud .....

But then I started thinking, what if someone really did want to study these boards, not just as a whole but individuals. It's so perfect ......... we have provided them anonymous subject names, some have provided a wide range of information over many years of study, some deliberately don't participate in some areas further defining their fandom, some give enough personal info to develop subject bio ........... list goes on.

Some on here, even if they don't know it, have provided MUCH about their personalities, their behavioral traits, their tolerance levels of frustration/control issues/social behaviors ... or lacks there of.

This place is a treasure chest of human behavior based on a single common denominator ........... with an anonymous level perfect for researchers.

We are the perfect "lab mice" on Disney fandom ............ at it's extreme (especially according to outside sources that look at us negatively, some warranted).

Last edited:
I am first laughing ........... okay laughing out loud .....

But then I started thinking, what if someone really did want to study these boards, not just as a whole but individuals. It's so perfect ......... we have provided them anonymous subject names, some have provided a wide range of information over many years of study, some deliberately don't participate in some areas further defining their fandom, some give enough personal info to development subject bio ........... list goes on.

Some on here, even if they don't know it, have provided MUCH about their personalities, their behavioral traits, their tolerance levels of frustration/control issues/social behaviors ... or lacks there of.

This place is a treasure chest of human behavior based on a single common denominator ........... with an anonymous level perfect for researchers.

We are the perfect "lab mice" on Disney fandom ............ at it's extreme (especially according to outside sources that look at us negatively, some warranted).
Ut oh - I'm escared (sic) now! :crazy2::jester: (and I totally agree with all you're saying!) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!