Disappointed with Magic Strollers

Magic2000

DIS Veteran
We just returned from Disney two weeks ago. We rented a double Citi Mini GT stroller from Magic Strollers for my two grandchildren. We had a little trouble with one of the front wheels, making it harder to push/steer. My daughter called Magic Strollers and spoke with John, who was rather rude with her. He said he would have to see if he had a stroller available and that we were taking two strollers out of his inventory.

After not hearing from him for a few hours, she called him back to see if they would be able to help us. She told him we really only needed a single stroller because the baby really wasn't using the stroller (she's four months old - it was easier to carry her). We did not ask for a refund of the difference in the cost of the single vs double stroller. We just wanted a stroller that was easy to push. Again, he was rude and said he was checking his inventory and how he'd be out two strollers, he was in the business to make money, and he would call when he got us a stroller. We were not asking to keep both strollers.

He finally did call back and said he would drop a single stroller at the front desk in the morning. We were able to swap out the double for the single, and had no other problems the rest of the trip.

We were very disappointed in the lack of customer service we received from Magic Strollers. The stroller they provided was faulty, and I didn't think it was too much to ask that they provide a stroller that worked. We will not be renting from Magic Strollers again.

I had a MAJOR issue with them this past week.
In the past 10 years I have used every majpr stroller rental company and have never had an issue until this trip. Magic Stroller delivered a beat up, ripped stroller to me. The underside was completely frayed, had no elastic around the edges and you can not use the underside at all to store things because everything just fell out. The rain cover hard plastic piece had broken through the fabric and was sticking out 2 inches from the cover and was in direct line with the face of my child.

I called them that very day to ask for a replacement. The person I talked to said no problem, it would be at the hotel by 4. I was fine with that. We went back to the resort, napped, and stopped by bell services on our way back to the park to drop it off and pick up the new one. It wasn't there. So I called to let them know it wasn't there (just wanted to make sure we were scheduled to get a replacement, even if it was next morning) and the person I spoke to was rude, told me "Well, you didn't talk to me because I wouldn't have told you by 4 because we don't deliver them." and then wanted to argue with me about how the rain cover had no hard plastic pieces in it (despite the fact that I was looking at the piece that had broken through the lining). We went on our way back to the parks and figured I would stop by bell services again in the morning to pick up the new stroller.

The next morning we got the new stroller ( still several rips but at least the plastic was on the bottom and we could store some things) and the first time I tried to fold it up, it would not fold. Took me, the bus driver, and one other person to get the thing to fold. Then as I sat on the bus, I saw the reason why...the sun shade was completely missing a screw, causing the metal piece to come out of the slot, and the metal piece was not properly alligned to the fold up feature.

At this point, I called back and asked for a refund for our remaining days. John assured me that I would get a full credit for the cost of the stroller.

I was able to get a rental with Orlando stroller that same day and got what appeared to be a brand new stroller from them.

We had our stroller break on the last day where it didn't want to stay open any more. I called and told them right away and they offered a replacement but since it was the last day and I opted not to. They said they would credit me the one day... yeah that never happened. Personally we won't rent from them again.

Thank you for sharing. Things happen but rudeness is a deal breaker for me. We've had great luck with Kingdom Strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter