DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry this is so late..but we just now got home from our trip to Orlando. The party on Saturday evening was fantastic!!!!!! My daughter, Liz, and I had a marvelous time at the event. Everyone was so friendly and happy to be there, and we enjoyed sharing the experience with all of you.

We would like to thank Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Kathy, Teresa, Corey and Julie for their attention to the small details which made the evening so special.

Sending a special shout-out to Nancy from California. We really enjoyed meeting you!!!!

Thanks so much to John and the whole crew for such an amazing night! We had the BEST time. FJ was excellent - as was running up to the front of the line with no waiting approx. 10 times in a row! DS rode his first big coaster that night on Dragon and claims the 'Blue' was the highlight of his trip. John, you went out of your way to get us our credentials and I am so glad we got to thank you at the end of it all! The whole event was run exceptionally, and my family thanks the Podcast team for all of their hard work to make such a magical evening. :grouphug:

Ah! Reminds me- I was in Olivanders at 11:13pm and have video of the boy who was selected and "fitted" for a wand!

:)

Jud

Hi - wanted to check if that was DS- tall, blond, brown hoodie and jeans? If yes, pls advise as I would love to get a copy...we dumped DH not knowing Ds would get picked so I think DH was a little ticked at me....video might appease slightly... ;)

Hi - wanted to check if that was DS- tall, blond, brown hoodie and jeans? If yes, pls advise as I would love to get a copy...we dumped DH not knowing Ds would get picked so I think DH was a little ticked at me....video might appease slightly... ;)

Doesn't sound like it. Here is a screen grab from the vid:
Olivandersshop.jpg

if this is yours, let me know!

Jud

DH and I also want to say thank you to the team for setting up the Saturday night event. DH is not a big Harry Potter fan, but watched some of the movies to prepare himself for what he thought would be a long, boring evening. He talked to some of his friends who had visited the WWOHP, and they told him about the huge crowds and about not being able to enjoy any of it. Needless to say, our experience was quite different! We both had a wonderful time, and DH loved being able to tell his co-workers that at one point, we were the ONLY people in the Three Broomsticks, enjoying our frozen Butterbeer and taking in the atmosphere.

Thank you again for such a great night!

Beth

To whoever put this together, thank you! What a great time!

I did Forbidden Journey 5 times, in line only once, other 4 were walk on- had 3 Butterbeers, and got lots of vid (including 3 complete ride-through vids) and lots of pictures.

Hurtin a bit today, so not ready to edit or write TR, but when I get anything up, I will post here. A couple of personal shots if those folks want to drop me an email I will send you full rez- little "Weasley" boy in big smile and green T in the Magic Shop; and mom and gorgeous daughter I met in line at the front gate while waiting... I was the good looking guy on the little blue ECV! :)

Forbidden Journey is simply the best ride ever! Amazing! (Even if a few folks couldn't quite handle it! Whoops!)

P1070377.jpg

Jud

Thanks for posting this pic, I see myself in it :thumbsup2
And thanks to all the podcast team for putting the event together!! The kids and I had a great time :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say thank you. We weren't able to stay long (we'd just driven all the way from NC and my son is only 9) but it was fantastic. My 9-year old is still talking about it.

Woohoo! I'm here! It's been a very long travel day from California, but watching Wishes from the Poly beach w/ a group of fun Dis'ers, made it all worth while.

It's incrediably cold here with a chilling wind. I'm going to end up buying warmer clothes because I certainly did not pack for this wind chill! I hope the rain holds off for Saturday, that would be a huge bummer.

But, now, back to the fun! Looking forward to meeting more people tomorrow. :)

Interesting.

Being that DAP 2011 has passed, and I don't want anyone getting confused with an old post, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter