DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather was terrific this weekend.

The rain held off until today.

Today it's gloomy, dark and wet.

The weather was terrific this weekend.

The rain held off until today.

Today it's gloomy, dark and wet.

Yay for the rain holding off!

Coming back to NYC was rough. I walked out of the airport in my t-shirt and fleece and almost instantly turned into a popsicle!

I wanted to quickly say thank you for an awesome event. :hug: Having been to WWOHP several times, most recently the day Deathly Hallows 2 came out, it was amazing to experience such a different side of that area. It was beyond nice not to have to fight off a deluge of people to simply cross the streets!

We spent a lot of time wandering through Hogwarts and really looking closely at everything. It was wonderful to see such things up close. I really enjoyed spending time in the Defense Against the Dark Arts room looking at everything.

We rode Forbidden Journey and Dragon Challenge. Dragon Challenge was great fun in the dark - with it being so dark it really felt like you were flying.

The podcast taping was also a blast. So many laughs and some tears too. It also spawned one of my favorite Peteisms: "Europeans are throwing crap." :laughing:

Also, I was part of the team from the Dis that volunteered at GKTW on Friday morning. What an incredible experience. It really was one of those experiences that made my heart so full with the amazingness of what they do there.

What a great weekend!

Kudos to John. It was a wonderful event. I had a great time. I just got home a few hours ago.

Enjoyed meeting the podcast crew and want to do it again. The podcast was really great and I screamed as loud as I could at the beginning.

It was well done and interesting to see the crew at work. Oh and my sister won Corey's favorite thing which she is very happy about.:thumbsup2

Another thank you for a fabulous time. The whole event far exceeded my expectaions (and Kelly was also blown away) by the Harry Potter experience. We had so much fun. Some day we'll go back, and I won't have to worry about going on any of the rides/attractions because nothing could top Saturday night. I would like to see some of the things we missed, though, like the marauders' map, Defense Against the Dark Arts room, and other details like that. The Forbidden Journey is now my all-time favorite attraction - at least, the way we were able to experience it on Saturday.

It was fun seeing friends again, and making new ones. The podcast recording was special, as always, as well as other events that weekend that I hold dear.

Thank you, John, and everyone, for your generosity in putting this together for us.

I just wanted to pop over here and also extend my thanks to John and his team who organized this event. It was a very special weekend and so worth coming down for just a few days. I have dozens of memories that I'm holding dear to me. Thanks again for putting forth such great effort and going out of your way to make things right.

I just wanted to jump in and say thanks as well. We just got back from our 10 day trip last night at the DIS event was by far the highlight of our trip, and that's saying a lot since it was our first Disney Christmas trip. We had a blast and my boys were in Harry Potter heaven all night long. Thanks for an unforgettable evening. :worship:

Completely exhausted, but so happy to have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful event! The trip was incredible, but the highlight was hands-down Disapalooza. It was such fun to meet fellow Disers and some of the Crew!

Thanks to John and Company for creating such a incredible experience!

John and the Podcast crew, thanks so much for putting on this event. Had a great time at the WWOHP and the Podcast. I was fortune enough to spend time with the best people bar none!!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!!

Bob, counting the hours till we head back to Disney!!

I also wanted to thank John, Pete, Kevin, Walter, Kathy, Teresa, Corey & Julie for such a great time! I met so many great folks this week; some were new friends, some were old friends, some were folks I've known online for a while & loved putting faces to.

WWoHP was wonderful! I got to ride Forbidden Journey with WebmasterKathy, Ben from the Podcast, and his stepdad Chris. I rode Flight of the Hipppgriff with MinnieGarden and her son Ian. I somehow managed to also go on The Dragon Challenge with WebmasterKathy and a bunch of friends who kidnapped her! (Great coaster, but I had vertigo for 10 minutes after I got off! :eek:) Forbidden Journey was really spectacular and nothing like I was expecting! It was sort of Soarin' meets Star Tours, but on steroids!!! But one of the highlights of the night (besides wandering Hogsmeade & just talking to folks!) was being chosen at Ollivander's to have a wand choose me! apurplebrat and her mom and others were there to cheer me on! I was planning on buying a wand anyways, and this just made it more special & fun!

Sunday at the Podcast taping was a blast, also. I shmoozed a bunch of folks, and just had a great time (also met Skip finally! Yay!). Hey, Teresa, was I supposed to give someone some information for the gift certificate for your shoes? :) I totally left without finding out!

Also, thanks so much to EvilDiva! She & I met up a few times during the pre-days, and I really enjoyed getting to know her! Thanks also for the ride to the Podcast! (And my rain jacket *did* show up at the Pop front desk!)

Also, thanks to snowwhiteinnyc for the ride to GKTW on Friday. I had a wonderful time with many other DISers. We volunteered serving breakfast at the Gingerbread House. It was amazing seeing what GKTW does, and how the community and local corporations support them. I thought it would make me cry, but seeing these families there to have a good time with their loved ones was totally inspirational! I will definitely be doing this again!

What a week! Thanks all! :yay:

Sayhello

I also wanted to thank John, Pete, Kevin, Walter, Kathy, Teresa, Corey & Julie for such a great time! I met so many great folks this week; some were new friends, some were old friends, some were folks I've known online for a while & loved putting faces to.

WWoHP was wonderful! I got to ride Forbidden Journey with WebmasterKathy, Ben from the Podcast, and his stepdad Chris. I rode Flight of the Hipppgriff with MinnieGarden and her son Ian. I somehow managed to also go on The Dragon Challenge with WebmasterKathy and a bunch of friends who kidnapped her! (Great coaster, but I had vertigo for 10 minutes after I got off! :eek:) Forbidden Journey was really spectacular and nothing like I was expecting! It was sort of Soarin' meets Star Tours, but on steroids!!! But one of the highlights of the night (besides wandering Hogsmeade & just talking to folks!) was being chosen at Ollivander's to have a wand choose me! apurplebrat and her mom and others were there to cheer me on! I was planning on buying a wand anyways, and this just made it more special & fun!

Sunday at the Podcast taping was a blast, also. I shmoozed a bunch of folks, and just had a great time (also met Skip finally! Yay!). Hey, Teresa, was I supposed to give someone some information for the gift certificate for your shoes? :) I totally left without finding out!

Also, thanks so much to EvilDiva! She & I met up a few times during the pre-days, and I really enjoyed getting to know her! Thanks also for the ride to the Podcast! (And my rain jacket *did* show up at the Pop front desk!)

Also, thanks to snowwhiteinnyc for the ride to GKTW on Friday. I had a wonderful time with many other DISers. We volunteered serving breakfast at the Gingerbread House. It was amazing seeing what GKTW does, and how the community and local corporations support them. I thought it would make me cry, but seeing these families there to have a good time with their loved ones was totally inspirational! I will definitely be doing this again!

Sayhello
And poor WMKathy still hasn't recovered from Dragon Challenge!!! She was so funny on it. I have to tell you....I have done Dragon Challenge multiple times in a row, with no issues at all. But that night??? Hugely severe vertigo. And I had the same feeling on Forbidden Journey. Might have been fatigue from so much running around the 2 days prior...who knows. But, I had to stop riding FJ after 3 times.
And it was so cool seeing you get the wand....it was wonderful actually knowing the person who got chosen, even if my dd was bummed.

It was a very cool and fun event. Thanks to the whole team for putting it together. Nothing quite like getting together with DIS friends, both old and new!!!

Just wanted to say "Thank You and Merry Christmas" to the Podcast Team for hosting such a wonderful event this week. This was my first DIS meet and it was exciting. I enjoyed Harry Potter, making new friends, and meeting people from the boards. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!!!

Attending the live recording of the PodCast was special. During the two hours I experienced the full spectrum of emotions that started out with cheering, laughing, moments of sadness, but when the recording was over, I was smiling from ear to ear. What a blast!!!

Thank you to everyone that stopped to introduce themselves or let me share a seat on a ride, I deeply appreciated the kindness. For the new friends I made on Sunday, lunch was fun!!!

ScubaMickey

Ah! Reminds me- I was in Olivanders at 11:13pm and have video of the boy who was selected and "fitted" for a wand!

:)

Jud

And poor WMKathy still hasn't recovered from Dragon Challenge!!! She was so funny on it. I have to tell you....I have done Dragon Challenge multiple times in a row, with no issues at all. But that night??? Hugely severe vertigo. And I had the same feeling on Forbidden Journey. Might have been fatigue from so much running around the 2 days prior...who knows. But, I had to stop riding FJ after 3 times.
And it was so cool seeing you get the wand....it was wonderful actually knowing the person who got chosen, even if my dd was bummed.

It was a very cool and fun event. Thanks to the whole team for putting it together. Nothing quite like getting together with DIS friends, both old and new!!!
Poor, poor WMKathy!!! :sad2:

It was very cool being the one who was chosen (especially since I'd never seen it done before!) I really hoped I would be, but I never actually thought I would!

Just wanted to say "Thank You and Merry Christmas" to the Podcast Team for hosting such a wonderful event this week. This was my first DIS meet and it was exciting. I enjoyed Harry Potter, making new friends, and meeting people from the boards. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!!!

Attending the live recording of the PodCast was special. During the two hours I experienced the full spectrum of emotions that started out with cheering, laughing, moments of sadness, but when the recording was over, I was smiling from ear to ear. What a blast!!!

Thank you to everyone that stopped to introduce themselves or let me share a seat on a ride, I deeply appreciated the kindness. For the new friends I made on Sunday, lunch was fun!!!

ScubaMickey
It was great meeting you, ScubaMickey. I really enjoyed getting to know you.

Ah! Reminds me- I was in Olivanders at 11:13pm and have video of the boy who was selected and "fitted" for a wand!

:)

Jud
Cool! I handed my camera to a friend (OK, I shoved it into apurplebrat's hands!) but never thought to put it on "video". But she did great at snapping a ton of pics!

Sayhello

What an AMAZING night!! Thank you so much. The DIS is truly a place that makes dreams come true. :littleangel:

My husband and I also had an amazing time. We were awestruck at the perfect execution of such a large scale event. We feel fortunate to have been a part of something that seemed so special as the Harry Potter event. Having said that, I think we may have enjoyed the podcast taping at least as much!

Special thanks to John and all of the Disboards/Dreams Unlimited crew who spent all of those hours making it a reality. We hope to be able to join the group at future events.

Sayhello

I loved meeting you too Tobi! I had such a great time hanging out with you in the parks and at dinner and our other activities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter