Disabled parking confusion

Chris and Pooh

Ukchrisuk
Dear All,

I have seen many comments on forums regarding the need for disabled parking facilities when available and that the UK/EU disabled badge is now not recognised in Florida, hence the need to apply for a temporary parking permit.

Whilst searching for the form (which I have found). I noticed a statement on the FLHSMV website that contradicts the need to apply for one:

"If I have a disabled parking permit, should I bring it with me when I visit Florida?
IntSymbol.jpg
Yes. We will honor any special license plate or parking permit issued to a disabled person by any other state or district subject to the laws of the United States, or by a foreign country that issues disabled parking permits that display the international symbol of accessibility."

Why then, are people still requesting temporary permits?

I can only say that there are many reports that onsite Disney do honour the blue badge, but many places off site do not abd yiu can get fined.

For the sake of $14 I always get the temporary pass and know I’m nit going to get into any issues.

I agree with above. I've never tried using the blue badge as just feel $14 is doable and ensures there are no issues. Its the hologram symbol that's the issue as its not always visible when on a dashboard etc (or at least this is my understanding from what I've read). The temporary pass makes the symbol visible completely to anyone looking. Also they honour the $14 payment for multiple trips within 12 months if you travel often.

I have used my UK disabled bag last year and this year without any issues ,in them parks at the hotels in the malls everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter