Disability Access Card for newly turned 3 year old

valerie160

Mouseketeer
My 3 year old has Down syndrome and sensory issues so we got him a Disability Access Card last year when he was two - he didn't have a ticket but somehow the card they gave him connected to all of us. Now that he needs a ticket, when we go to get him a disability access card will he already be in the system and connected with us?

Thank you!

Are you going to WDW or DLR? I am not sure if your son will still be in the system (but I would guess yes). Either way, you'll need to go to Guest Services with your whole group to renew it and attach it to his ticket and connect your group together. :-D

we go to DisneyLAND each year and every year they never ask if my son has had one before.. i still have to go through the process of explaining why he needs one.. and so I have always been under the impression that you are not kept in their system in DL.. unlike WDW !

Thanks for the information - we are going to WDW so hopefully he will still be in the system, but if not it's okay :)

Even if he is still in the system ( and at WDW, I have stayed in the system even when I haven't gone for a year or so), they may still ask why the DAS is needed. I sometimes just get it "renewed" if my last visit was fairly recent, but it has expired. About 50% of the time I am asked what my needs are even if I was there a couple of months before. Its not a big deal and only takes me a couple of extra seconds to let them know why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter