Dis won't keep me signed in.

I normally use Firefox but I just switched to Chrome and it seems to be keeping me logged in. :goodvibes

Figured I'd put this here as well---It's been working for me! Post #20

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2912544&page=2

I tried this method but it did not work for me on it's own. However, when I did this, and deleted ALL of my cookies, saved passwords, history, absolutely everything, then it worked. I rechecked this box though so and so far I am staying logged in. Now I just have to fill in all my card numbers and emails and all the other stuff I had saved before..... and try to remember all my passwords from all my other sites. Oh well hopefully this will be the last move for DIS for a long time! and the site certainly is operated much better!! :thumbsup2

I'm not switching to anything and it should stay logged in for every type of thing.

No mods on this?

No tech support?

2 pages and nothing? no help?

Tech support has replied and said to delete your cookies. That didn't work for me. HOwever...after I deleted cookies AND all auto complete history, things were fine here.

I deleted everything in the auto complete and it didn't work, at first. But for whatever reason I am staying loged in now.

I have done everything, cleared cookies, cleared cache, cleared EVERYTHING and NOTHING has worked!

PLease help
I see there is a second thread about this and I don't know why, no mods has responded to this thread.
Please help

My account seems to be saying logged in now. I did delete cookies so that may have worked for me.:thumbsup2

Some additional information for the tech support folks:

I work in an IT company, and I understand that this board is a free service. It is greatly appreciated, as is the magnitude of the work you are doing. I provide this information in case it sheds additional light on the issues some of us are seeing.

My browser of choice is Firefox 12.0. I do not wish to remove all of my cookies, I have my personal computer set up exactly the way I like to use it. I did go in and remove any cookies that referred to disboards. I also shut down and restart the machine daily.

It almost seems that Disboards has a timer on my login now. I can come and go from the page (as long as the window remains open) for some time, (an hour?), but eventually either when refreshing the page or closing the browser and re-opening it, I must log in again. This did not used to happen before the server switch. I have removed that cookie. Is there another one or more without the Disboards names? Tracking me perhaps?? Do these cookies have randomly generated names so they are not identifiable when looking at them??

Thanks for the insight, and for the long hours and the hard work. I know how hard IT folks work. I'm not whining to make your life difficult, I promise. Something significant in the way I use the boards has changed, and I haven't been able to restore it. Thanks for working on it when you get the chance.

I'm having this problem too, on my laptop (Firefox 12.0) and iPad (Safari - whatever's current).

I've never had this problem before in years of using this site.

You might find / look for WDWINFO cookies also, as this is the informational website for the disboards.

Some additional information for the tech support folks:

I work in an IT company, and I understand that this board is a free service. It is greatly appreciated, as is the magnitude of the work you are doing. I provide this information in case it sheds additional light on the issues some of us are seeing.

My browser of choice is Firefox 12.0. I do not wish to remove all of my cookies, I have my personal computer set up exactly the way I like to use it. I did go in and remove any cookies that referred to disboards. I also shut down and restart the machine daily.

It almost seems that Disboards has a timer on my login now. I can come and go from the page (as long as the window remains open) for some time, (an hour?), but eventually either when refreshing the page or closing the browser and re-opening it, I must log in again. This did not used to happen before the server switch. I have removed that cookie. Is there another one or more without the Disboards names? Tracking me perhaps?? Do these cookies have randomly generated names so they are not identifiable when looking at them??

Thanks for the insight, and for the long hours and the hard work. I know how hard IT folks work. I'm not whining to make your life difficult, I promise. Something significant in the way I use the boards has changed, and I haven't been able to restore it. Thanks for working on it when you get the chance.

Nobody wants to clear all of their cookies! The problem is we have been through this several times before and it always comes down to cookies. Obviously we can't dive in to everyone's personal computer so there really is nothing we can do. There isn't anything for us to "look" in to because the answer is always cookies (even on our computers)
The good news is we only move ever 3 years or so :)

Add me to the list of people who can't stay logged in. It is getting frustrating.

Don't know what they did after I posted this morning but it works for me now and I didn't do anything to my system.

Cleared all of the cookies about 3 or 4 days ago but it didn't work when I posted this morning and now it does. Not complaining.

I've cleared everything, done everything and still nothing and admin is just saying oh well it's cookies and it isn't so what are you going to do for those of us that have tried everything and still can't remain logged in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter