Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

:tiptoe:Anyone about and anyone remember me?
:magnify::ssst::scratchin:confused3

:wave2:I was wondering where you were!

I’ll take 20F from you. Send it my way express delivery. Thanks
Done!

....thanks! ~ Allison, no, they are the real deal....I said the same thing myself. The photographer took them to parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan, and he shot almost 1000 pix....unbelievable, right?
These are gorgeous!

....last October, I was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rhuematica....I've been on prednisone since then....
:hug:

I survived a week at a ranch on Wyoming with DH's family. :faint: I'll post some photos later. We arrived excited and ready for anything. We left bruised, dusty, exhausted, and ready for a few days of bed rest or a nursing home. Even the kids were tired. :rotfl2:

Yikes, it's unusual when Southern California is hotter then Northern California.

Meanwhile ....it's a super cold winter for us this year.

(Not the snow kind, but the wind chill is freezing!)

....the doctor has been trying to wean me off the meds, but so far unsuccessful....

I just read that last Friday, the 6th, Disneyland recorded the hottest temp ever at any Disney park at 113*...... :earseek:

I didn't know that was the hottest temp at any Disney park. And I can confirm that it was 113 out there. My friend's husband had his last day as a Doorman at the Grand Californian on Saturday and he worked both Friday & Saturday. Crazy hot!

...in the meantime, I've gained, like,40 lbs! :eek: :faint:

How long have you been on it? Prednisone isn't supposed to be a long term med. If it doesn't do the job in a couple weeks your doctor should be looking at a med with a long term solution. What is it you have again? I've never heard of it.

Is it at all like rheumatoid arthritis? That I know about ll the meds, but they're not cheap!

....the doctor has been trying to wean me off the meds, but so far unsuccessful....
I was on massive IV doses Prednisone for severe Sepsis last year and they just took me off of it cold turkey when I left Intensive Care.
The side effects were horrible.
My joints and muscles hurt so bad my Doctor had to prescribe heavy duty pain medication in order for me to get any sleep.
I was bedridden for a month.
Later I discovered that they should have weaned me off the medication slowly to avoid the withdrawal effects.:mad:

Later I discovered that they should have weaned me off the medication slowly to avoid the withdrawal effects.:mad:
....um, I have been told by my physician that going cold turkey could have FATAL results. How are you feeling now?

How long have you been on it? Prednisone isn't supposed to be a long term med. If it doesn't do the job in a couple weeks your doctor should be looking at a med with a long term solution. What is it you have again? I've never heard of it.

Is it at all like rheumatoid arthritis? That I know about ll the meds, but they're not cheap!
.....it's an auto-immune disease....the best way to describe it is, it's like rheumatoid arthritis, but of the MUSCLES, not the joints.

....um, I have been told by my physician that going cold turkey could have FATAL results. How are you feeling now?
Well..........
I'm not dead, :yay: although the primary ICU nurse told me that they didn't expect me to survive.
I had a "conglomerate" of doctors (7) while I was in ICU and they drove the nurses crazy with different, and sometimes contradictory, prescriptions.
My personal Physician, who isn't an associate of that particular hospital, wasn't the least bit happy about that situation and he had to prescribe heavy duty pain medication after my release in order for me to put up with the Prednisone withdrawal.

The weight doesn't come off right away, but it gradually will if you eat healthy. At least the puffiness goes down.

Whenever Fran was on it, they tapered her down 5 mg per week until she was off it.

.....it's an auto-immune disease....the best way to describe it is, it's like rheumatoid arthritis, but of the MUSCLES, not the joints.

Sounds sucky.

....I'm so upset about this....and I'm told that the excess weight doesn't go away.....:sad:

It will. With normal weight loss tatics, good eating etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter