Dis Exclusive Viva Italia 9/16 - 9/24/2014

Yay!!! I can't travel without my personal paparazzi and am looking forward to shopping with Christy!!!

Laurie

:cool1: Yay! I have already figured out where I can go in Florence to have a pair of shoes made. It's about a 7 minute walk from our hotel and they ship! :love:

So who all is going to Disapalooza besides Christy, I, Karen, and Kay?

390342_2296945899245_466439520_n.jpg

Welcome Laurie and Brian .. Laurie you are going to LOVE the Vatican - It's Awesome... Brian , sorry no chamberpots in Italy

Welcome Christy and Mike .. Christy, you are going to love the shopping in Florence ... I have to find a place to get a lightweight leather jacket made - John said I could get one this time ... I guess it's way cheaper than the necklace and bracelet he bought me there. Mike, your pictures are going to be spectacular how you can sell some - due to the shopping that will be done .:rotfl:

Welcome Laurie and Brian .. Laurie you are going to LOVE the Vatican - It's Awesome... Brian , sorry no chamberpots in Italy

So excited to travel with you and John again Micki! Somehow, we missed saying farewell to you in Munich :confused: I was going to ask you about the Vatican, since you went on the last trip. Did you feel like you had enough time there or was it rushed? We will probably come in a day early and I'm thinking of doing a more in depth tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica or maybe the catacombs.

Laurie

So excited to travel with you and John again Micki! Somehow, we missed saying farewell to you in Munich :confused: I was going to ask you about the Vatican, since you went on the last trip. Did you feel like you had enough time there or was it rushed? We will probably come in a day early and I'm thinking of doing a more in depth tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica or maybe the catacombs.

Laurie

While the trip is very well paced, thinking back - I would have liked more time in the Vatican, we are also thinking of spending some extra time there (Pre-days) this time. We want to see the catacombs too. The vatican museum tour was a stop at the highlights and then move on. I think we spent about 20-30 minutes in the Sistine Chapel .. which is enough time, as it's spent looking up and 20-30 minutes was good ... I don't remember exactly now -but we waited FOREVER to get into the Basilica - and that was fantastic.. but then again, I felt that I could have used a little more time inside. It was awesome, after seeing it on TV for so many years to actually being there was pretty amazing. We are waiting to see how many pre and post days we can get as we are thinking..like at least 2 pre in Rome and 1 post in Venice. Waiting to hear what they offer, then will need to make plans as I hear that getting tickets for the Catacombs takes a few months. Our hotel is in an excellent location , right next to a Hop on Hop off bus that stops at the Vatican - a big plus for getting to and from the Vatican.

So the Ipads were announced today. Here is the Italy Cellular Networks that the new Ipad Air and Ipad Mini will work on:

TIM
Vodafone

I think we will definitely do some sort of Vatican or Basilica tour before the ABD starts. I think a guided tour is good idea because I don't want to end up standing in line for hours! I'm going to see if there's some sort of general tour of churches in Rome, too, because there are so many I'd love to see. Also the Borghese Gallery. And a food tour. And that's just Rome!

Mike - thanks for the ipad info. I will be sure to get one and use it instead of my camera on this trip!

Laurie

I've been looking into night tours of the Vatican, not because we are Catholic, but because I think it would be a preferred way to see the Sistine Chapel and for Mike to take pictures. The tours are ridiculously expensive, but I think would be worth it to see more of the rooms or galleries. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will probably email a couple of tour companies to see when they start to accept bookings.

I've been looking into night tours of the Vatican, not because we are Catholic, but because I think it would be a preferred way to see the Sistine Chapel and for Mike to take pictures. The tours are ridiculously expensive, but I think would be worth it to see more of the rooms or galleries. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will probably email a couple of tour companies to see when they start to accept bookings.

Please let us know what you find out. Very interested!

I would be interested too! Did you see this article? It's from our local paper but was published in a number of other ones, too. Wish I had an extra grand ling around!

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-art-patrons-get-vip-access-to-treasures.html

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter