DIS Exclusive Northern Italy / Switzerland Adventure August 26th - September 2nd 2016

We enjoyed Walt's when we were there. Perhaps the best restaurant in the parks.

However, avoid at all costs the character buffet in the DLP Hotel. Really bad food and incredibly poor interaction from unidentifiable characters.

Great to hear. We're not big character buffet fans anyway, but now I'm curious about the unidentifiable characters. I may have to walk by and take a peak to see what miscellaneous characters are there.

Great to hear. We're not big character buffet fans anyway, but now I'm curious about the unidentifiable characters. I may have to walk by and take a peak to see what miscellaneous characters are there.

The character dining buffet in the Disneyland Paris Hotel....

Rabbit from Winnie The Pooh was there.

His "fur" looked like an old yellow bathroom rug that needed laundering...badly. He actually had dirty handprints on him and they didn't look like they happened that day.

There was an unnamed pirate character from Peter Pan....at least we think that's who it was.

On the buffet, there was a large variety of cold "salads" with unidentifiable meat products and cheese. All tasted the same...bad.

We were nowhere near the actual restaurant. We were seated in windowless conference room with a makeshift buffet.

The whole thing was just a disaster.

The whole thing was just a disaster.

Yes... the food was awful and unidentifiable. And not only were we in some windowless conference room separate from the actual restaurant, we were crammed into a table much too small for our little group. Just bad.

The California Grill at DLP wasn't great, either. We had some unpleasant interactions with the service team there. And we're really not difficult to please!!

But Walt's in the park was quite good- I think we ate there twice. And I thought Bistrot Chez Remy was charming. The food was fine, not anything remarkable, but the theming was really imaginative and well done.

And my box of joy FINALLY arrived!

And I thought Bistrot Chez Remy was charming.
I was a bit confused/disappointed with that place. I guess I was expecting a fancy restaurant but instead got something that looked like it would have been at Pop Century resort. The food was pretty good, but our server had such a problem opening a bottle of wine we actually refrained from ordering a 3rd bottle because we just couldn't stand it. And this was in France where wine is a fact of life.

Bistrot Chez Remy wasn't fancy. I'd probably equate it to something like a 50s Prime Time Diner kind of experience. Dependable but not exciting mid-level food in a fun environment. And yeah, we did have an odd waiter and that did detract from the experience somewhat.

I had also expected it to be more upscale from all the people raving about it and acting like scoring an ADR there was a big deal.

I still found the place charming and loved the Ratatouille theming, champagne cork seats and all.

Last edited:

Bistros Chez Remy wasn't fancy. I probably equate it to something like a 50s Prime Time Cafe kind of experience. Dependable but not exciting mid-level food in a fun environment. And yeah, we did have an odd waiter and that did detract from the experience somewhat.

I had also expected it to be more upscale from all the people raving about it and acting like scoring an ADR there was a big deal.

I still found the place charming and loved the Ratatouille theming, champagne cork seats and all.

Thanks for helping me manage expectations. I was thinking it was a bit upscale as well. I'll keep the "ADR" because I really do want to see the environment of Chez Remy. It's pretty ironic the waiter could barely open a bottle of wine here of all places.

Were there any DLP recommendations?

Bistrot Chez Remy...

This might make it look fancier than it actually felt. Or we may have eaten so much at so many fabulous places by this point on our trip that we were jaded. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
For those who have done Alpine Magic before any suggestions for clothes? t shirts, polos, shorts mainly with 1-2 khakis/jeans plus a light jacket (in case it gets cool at night). Thanks for the info. Remy's looks nice. Too bad we're going to Rome after and not Paris....

I've been reading lots of reviews for this trip and pursuing the info in our guide book. I've got one question though: In Switzerland, do we visit a cheese maker? Will we see where they keep the holes?

Less than three weeks...so looking forward to this adventure !

Anybody need an extra J type converter ?

Amazon had a four pack price, I throw and extra in my suitcase if it helps. Let me know.

Very excited! I'm flying back from the Germany ABD now. It was great. Thanks to those that shared their DLP dining experiences. It helped. So for @kpiper I'll add my experience now. We ate at Walt's which was excellent. We ate at Remy's which was cute, but as others suggested, keep in mind it's a very casual atmosphere with a little bit of a stuffy and overpriced menu. I have a Germany ABD trip report going that goes into more detail. Peter Pan's flight was just refurbished and it's open during their early magic hours. Ratatouille was very good - one of my new favorites. You'll get 1 extra fastness a day staying at DLP Hotel. That's a good place to use it. Single rider is also a great option.

Amazon had a four pack price, I throw and extra in my suitcase if it helps. Let me know.

I may need to borrow one - if it's not a problem for you?. I only have the 'c' type - which might or might not work according to the internet. :flower3:
Looking forward to having the next 17 days pass by quickly so that our adventure can begin
Karen

Those crazy Swiss using their own unique plug! It sounds like Type C should be fine, but I'm going to order a couple of J adapters just in case.

I may need to borrow one - if it's not a problem for you?. I only have the 'c' type - which might or might not work according to the internet. :flower3:
Looking forward to having the next 17 days pass by quickly so that our adventure can begin
Karen

Those crazy Swiss using their own unique plug! It sounds like Type C should be fine, but I'm going to order a couple of J adapters just in case.

Putting the two extra ones I have aside, one for Karen and one (maybe) for Kevin.

See you all soon!

Putting the two extra ones I have aside, one for Karen and one (maybe) for Kevin.

See you all soon!

Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered 2 from Amazon. If I need them, I'll need a couple for phones, and cameras, and laptops oh my.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter