DIS EXclusive Backstage Magic 12/13 - 12/18/15

Wow, you two have done this so many times!! That makes me feel like its going to be an amazing, very fun experience! Have you done any of them with the DIS, or have they all been regular ABD trips?

This trip is going to have a Philly invasion, so far it seems everyone except Brian and I are from there.

I am soooo excited that we'll be there for the Christmas season! We were able to do IASW holiday overlay and the HM overlay last year when we were at DL for the Star Wars half marathon in earlyish January, but besides those two ride overlays we've never seen any other decorations or parades or anything.

What is your favorite, can't miss part of Christmas at DL?

I'm also excited we'll be eating at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ as a group, since it sounds like that whole area is going away, which makes me pretty sad. Don't they have some sort of Christmas carnival back there?

We enjoy this trip so much we even did it twice in one calendar year. No two trips have ever been the same.

All of our previous BSM adventures have been with the Dis. We also did London/Paris/Disneyland Paris and Italy trip with the Dis, we did Ireland on our own with ABD IN 2014.

The IASW and HM overlays are fantastic, the nighttime Christmas parade was a spectacular, and I don't usually like parades.

If you have the time get over to the Farmers Market and The Grove, we finished up our last minute holiday shopping at the Grove under palm trees and Christmas lights.

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on the first trip was not good, last trip in 2013 it was terrific. I do not remember a Christmas carnival there.

Grand California main lobby is unbelievable at Christmas time.

Checked out the El Capitan site today, it shows their movie schedule through December 13.

El Capitan is the beautiful movie theater right across the street from our hotel, next to Jimmy Kimmel's studio and the Disney Soda Fountain store.

Good Dinosaur will be there closing on the 13th, wonder what will be showing next??? One can only hope....

Checked out the El Capitan site today, it shows their movie schedule through December 13.

El Capitan is the beautiful movie theater right across the street from our hotel, next to Jimmy Kimmel's studio and the Disney Soda Fountain store.

Good Dinosaur will be there closing on the 13th, wonder what will be showing next??? One can only hope....

We definitely have our sites set on getting tickets somewhere. Not sure if we'll try El Cap or Grauman's.

Hello everyone
Great to see the chat has started!
Did everyone see that the 'Seasons Of The Force' has been scheduled to begin in mid-November?
I can see that there are a lot of Star Wars fans on here!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...16-at-disneyland-park-in-southern-california/

Yes I did see this! I'm very excited. I'm just a little bit worried since there will be so much to do and see in the parks (I've never been at Christmas). I hope we have time to see all the Star Wars and Christmas stuff.

So for those of you who have been before.... I have some questions. I'm trying to plan some stuff out. It sounds like the only show we'll be seeing as a group is WOC? So we'll be on our own for fantasmic and fireworks? I'm ok with the fireworks, but I'm considering options for fantasmic.

So for those of you who have been before.... I have some questions. I'm trying to plan some stuff out. It sounds like the only show we'll be seeing as a group is WOC? So we'll be on our own for fantasmic and fireworks? I'm ok with the fireworks, but I'm considering options for fantasmic.

Every adventure we have been on has been different.

Last trip (Dec '13) we saw the Christmas Night time parade (it must have a Disney name, but I don't remember it), Fantasmic and WOC on two different nights.

Without giving out any spoilers, each event had a magic "bump up" because of either ABD and/or Dreams Unlimited.

There may have been an organized gathering for the Magic Kingdom fireworks the first night we were there , but if there was, we skipped it since we had seen that show the last time we were in the park.

Best bet, talk to the guides when you arrive in Hollywood, tell them what you really want to see and they will advise you if it is part of their planned activities and you can adjust.

We will be there in two months!

Attention other star wars fans!!!

As you all already know, force awakens opens our last day of the trip. I'm assuming there will be a midnight showing Thursday night. My boyfriend and I will be attempting to get tickets at the downtown Disney AMC (it has an IMAX and reserved seating, so no waiting hours for a good seat).

Tickets go on sale this coming Monday, I believe. They will go fast.

Anyone want to try to coordinate and get tickets with us? You can reply here or send me a pm.

Attention other star wars fans!!!

As you all already know, force awakens opens our last day of the trip. I'm assuming there will be a midnight showing Thursday night. My boyfriend and I will be attempting to get tickets at the downtown Disney AMC (it has an IMAX and reserved seating, so no waiting hours for a good seat).

Tickets go on sale this coming Monday, I believe. They will go fast.

Anyone want to try to coordinate and get tickets with us? You can reply here or send me a pm.

We're also in LA for the official world premiere! Not sure where, but it's probably within walking distance.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-force-awakens-sets-829077

Anyone get through for tickets? Every time I finally get onto the AMC DD Anaheim website, and hit the purchase button, it crashes!! Argh! Also not sure what time to shoot for... Thinking 11?

Anyone get through for tickets? Every time I finally get onto the AMC DD Anaheim website, and hit the purchase button, it crashes!! Argh! Also not sure what time to shoot for... Thinking 11?

We did the Downtown Disney AMC IMAX for 10:30. I believe IMAX is the only theater with reserved seating, and you definitely want reserved seating. We got through on the AMC mobile app, try that.

We are also working on tickets for Friday at 4:30 pm at the El Capitan, since we are not leaving that Friday.

I was reading through the "Questions About ABD California Backstage Magic" thread on the Adventures by Disney board and saw Kevin responded to a question about the El Capitan closing with this:

When we were there in July, Levi (the gentleman who gives the tour at Graumans / TCL) told us that the Star Wars premier will be the largest ever.

It will be at three haters. TCL / Graumans, El Capitan and I believe he said the Egyptian Theater (down Hollywood Blvd) a couple of blocks.

Hi everyone
I haven't checked in for a while and we are so close to our trip now!
Can't wait to meet everyone
Staying right on Hollywood Boulevard on the night of the premier is going to be an amazing (and slightly crazy!) experience
It's beginning to sound as if pretty much every theatre along the street is going to be showing the premier simultaneously and if the Dolby Theatre is included in that, our hotel is pretty much attached to it!
Expect to see Harrison Ford in the lobby :P

Yee ha! Got our ABD box too! Very cool! Just one question....what are the straps for?

Yee ha! Got our ABD box too! Very cool! Just one question....what are the straps for?

I think they are "belts" for your checked luggage to ID as ABD.

On past adventures we received yellow luggage handle wraps to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts