DIS EXclusive Backstage Magic 12/13 - 12/18/15

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

The DIS and Dreams Unlimited Travel are having another exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure, December 13 - 18, 2015.

You can join us, if you'd like.

The cost for this Adventure is:

$2799 per person based on double occupancy
$2650 per child
$3919 single traveler

If you would like to travel with us, you can sign up here:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input_pc.cfm

If you have any questions, please write to Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Let the planning and plotting begin! :thumbsup2

List of Participants:

Frank - skunkvette
Cathy - skunkvette2
Karilyn
Rachel
Brian
Kurt - Reese912
Samantha - Reese912
Jeff
Shannan
Kathyrn
Robert
Leah
Danika
Austin
Louis
Lori
David
Houston
William
Lori
Lisa
Jim
Dan
Emily
Heather
Janet
Sally
Gordon
Angela
Eva
Linda
Jeremy
Tami
Dustin
Pete

Last edited:
This sounds like fun! I'm in. I am in search of a suitable roommate for the trip as my husband isn't interested in going.

Hi,

Traveling solo and would possibly be interested in a room mate scenario to help alleviate costs.

--Karilynn (36 y/o female, not a big poster on boards, primarily a reader)

Hi Folks,

I have added five new guests to this Adventure.

Please welcome William, Lori, Lisa, Jim and Dan!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Put my deposit down today and super excited!

Also, I realized last night that we'll be in LA the week of the Star Wars premiere! It would be really neat to see them setting up for such a monster premiere.

Hi everyone, I'm Rachel. I am a super Star Wars nerd so I also would be interested in being in town for all the Star Wars fervor. We were thinking of even getting some tickets to some of the talk shows (Conan, etc.) so that maybe we could get lucky and see some of the Star Wars stars.

Very happy to be here!
Thanks for all your help Kevin
Simply can't wait to see the parks in their Holiday finest :lovestruc

We are super excited and can't wait! It will be our first ABD trip and our first time to Disneyland!!!.... and with Star Wars opening....its gonna be Legend......ARY! Hello everyone!

Why so much money? What does this "adventure" entail? I live locally.... So this does not sound like such a good deal for me....

My husband and I are so excited for the trip in December! We are treating ourselves for our 30th birthdays since I have been wanting to do a backstage magic trip for years!

My husband and I are so excited for the trip in December! We are treating ourselves for our 30th birthdays since I have been wanting to do a backstage magic trip for years!

Great idea for a treat for your 30th birthdays.

This will be our fourth Backstage Magic Adventure, some of our family is joining us this time for their first.

You will have a wonderful adventure!

As August comes to a close I find myself getting very excited for this trip. I also think it would be nice to start to get to know one another. I'll just ask and answer some questions below, if anyone wants to reply with their own that'd be awesome! You can always add and subtract questions too.

I'll start:

Name: Rachel
Location: Austin, Texas. I just moved here with my boyfriend (Brian, he is coming on the trip too) about half a year ago. I'm still not really sure that I like it, so as of right now my heart still belongs to Columbus, Ohio
Football team (since the season is starting soon): Obviously, as my avatar states, I am a big Ohio State Buckeye fan. I went there for undergrad, as did Brian. My pro team is the Steelers, as I was born and raised in a small town about an hour from Pittsburgh.
Most looking forward to on the trip: Imagineering. A close second would be anything having to do with Star Wars. I'm very excited that we'll be there so close to the new movie premiere and I'm hoping the parks and the city will be inundated with Star Wars. Just to be in the area will be sweet, but I always hear so much about all the excellent surprises that the DIS sets up for these trips I can't help but hope that we might have something special related to Star Wars.
Adding extra days onto the trip: I think we might be coming to LA early so we can take a couple days and go camping in Joshua Tree National Park. We are big National Park fans and I think Joshua Tree is so pretty. On the tail end of the trip, I think we'll be headed straight home since it will be getting so close to Christmas.

Anyone else want to play? I'd love to hear about everyone!

Great idea Rachel!

Name: Samantha & Kurt
Location: Philadelphia Eagles and plan our fall weekends around the teams schedule! (however I love hockey so the Flyers are my number one!)
Most looking forward to on the trip: We are really looking forward to seeing Imagineering too and just being back in Disneyland since the last time we were there it was only for a couple of days.
Adding extra days onto the trip: We are flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel then doing the TMZ tour Sunday morning (the TV should is such a guilty pleasure in our house). We are also staying at Disneyland a couple of extra nights after the trip since the 18th is our anniversary.

We have also been starting to get really excited for the trip!

Great idea Rachel!

Name: Samantha & Kurt
Location: Philadelphia Eagles and plan our fall weekends around the teams schedule! (however I love hockey so the Flyers are my number one!)
Most looking forward to on the trip: We are really looking forward to seeing Imagineering too and just being back in Disneyland since the last time we were there it was only for a couple of days.
Adding extra days onto the trip: We are flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel then doing the TMZ tour Sunday morning (the TV should is such a guilty pleasure in our house). We are also staying at Disneyland a couple of extra nights after the trip since the 18th is our anniversary.

We have also been starting to get really excited for the trip!

Nice to meet you :) I feel like Steelers and Eagles fans should dislike each other more, being from the same state and all. But we're split into the AFC and NFC and rarely play, so I think that helps. We have a WDW trip coming up and we're definitely taking into consideration Ohio State and Steelers games.

TMZ tour should be pretty interesting, wonder what you'll see? We did Hollywood a few DL trips ago. Oooh, you will certainly have a great anniversary! What a way to celebrate!

We need to get this thread moving, great idea Rachel!

Names : Frank and Cathy ( in our 50s) this is our seventh ABD and our fourth BSM trip. Yes, it is that good.

Traveling with my sister Lisa and her two twenty something sons Jim and Dan, this will be their fourth ABD trip but their first BSM. They have heard us talk about this trip so much they had to come with us.

Flying in from Philly a day early and staying one post day.

We did the Christmas BSM in 2013, the park is incredible when decorated for the holidays!

If you have any questions let me know.

Looking forward to the adventure.

Last edited:
We need to get this thread moving, great idea Rachel!

Names : Frank and Cathy ( in our 50s) this is our seventh ABD and our fourth BSM trip. Yes, it is that good.

Traveling with my sister Lisa and her two twenty something sons Jim and Dan, this will be their fourth ABD trip but their first BSM. They have heard us talk about this trip so much they had to come with us.

Flying in from Philly a day early and staying one post day.

We did the Christmas BSM in 2013, the park is incredible when decorated for the holidays!

If you have any questions let me know.

Looking forward to the adventure.

Wow, you two have done this so many times!! That makes me feel like its going to be an amazing, very fun experience! Have you done any of them with the DIS, or have they all been regular ABD trips?

This trip is going to have a Philly invasion, so far it seems everyone except Brian and I are from there.

I am soooo excited that we'll be there for the Christmas season! We were able to do IASW holiday overlay and the HM overlay last year when we were at DL for the Star Wars half marathon in earlyish January, but besides those two ride overlays we've never seen any other decorations or parades or anything.

What is your favorite, can't miss part of Christmas at DL?

I'm also excited we'll be eating at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ as a group, since it sounds like that whole area is going away, which makes me pretty sad. Don't they have some sort of Christmas carnival back there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!