DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I understand we are looking ata grand villa for a family gathering in Okw Or Bwv for three weeks in July 19 have ever stayed there in one ?
No, we have only stayed in a Beach Cottage a few times, and those stays were well worth the points.

We have sold our BCV. . We had 210 points so we are now down to 1175 points. We have an offer on a 200 point contract at BLT that is now on ROFR. Hopefully it will all work out!

We have sold our BCV. . We had 210 points so we are now down to 1175 points. We have an offer on a 200 point contract at BLT that is now on ROFR. Hopefully it will all work out!

Waiting to hear about ROFR to adjust. Hope it works out well for you.

So I must admit I’m in awe of some of the point totals. Im a new member with 275 points at Poly (six 50 point contracts and one 25 pointer)(figure it would be easier to sell in the future if needed)
Our goal is to add 25-50 points per year until we hit the right amount for us.
Am curious how many points everyone started with, how long it took to get to the 1000 point Club, and how many resorts do you have ownership in?

So I must admit I’m in awe of some of the point totals. Im a new member with 275 points at Poly (six 50 point contracts and one 25 pointer)(figure it would be easier to sell in the future if needed)
Our goal is to add 25-50 points per year until we hit the right amount for us.
Am curious how many points everyone started with, how long it took to get to the 1000 point Club, and how many resorts do you have ownership in?

From 200 to 1482 in the time from 2003 to 2017.
We are probably not typical because we own AROUND 150-200 points in these resorts, VWL, BWV, AKV, SSR, VB, HHI, BCV, fewer in BLT and only 40 in VGF. So no huge holding, but we like to travel in any month and we have our favorites in each season. We have about 25 contracts, I think the most has 200 points, our original, BWV.

When someone has that many points, do you stay for multiple weeks at a time, larger units or do lots of trips in a year?

When someone has that many points, do you stay for multiple weeks at a time, larger units or do lots of trips in a year?
We do lots of trips, most are just the 2 of us in 1 bedrooms or studios. Right now am in 1 bedroom at SSR FOR 3 nights with DH. I got off The Dream this morning, and Moonlight Magic this weekend fit in nicely with my travels.
However, we are hoping for GV at Aulani in September, 800+ points for the week. We will have borrowed more than 1/2 of our 2019 points when that is booked.

I think everyone has their own patterns. We stay in 2BR apartments for two weeks in January (we are here at WDW now), and this year we will come again in Nov to watch our daughter in the EPCOT Food and Wine Half Marathon. Typically we stay at the Mandarin Oriental in DC for a night or two (we live in a far DC suburb). We got a GV last year for Food and Wine for my husband’s family.

We have given a week this year as a wedding gift to a Disney freak couple. I am toying with selling points and going on an African safari with my hubby....DVC was my way of saving money for our retirement. Yes, I know we have a large MF bill each year, but it is a ballpark known amount so I can account for it.

It is one of the joys of my life to figure out how we will travel each year!

As a brand new DVC member, no comment other then IM SO JEALOUS! :earboy2:
Jealous too! Allthough we still have fun dreaming about more or longer trips to our second "home" Maybe one day we will be here, after the kids finish College that is!
DVCers seem to bond, and I love hearing all the stories and knowledge new/old and in between members share.

Wow, my dream! I am about half way there... but the shell shock over dues? I NEED more points as I love to share what we have and do big trips with family and friends and have no points left until 2020! Is this how all of you needed up in the 1,000 range?

Enjoy!

We bought 200 BLT points resale...bringing our points back up to 1375. The deal has closed and the points are in our account! Yay!:yay:

Congratulations, Bellecruiser! Was wondering when your transaction would close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter