Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

We got an email today from the state department about a demonstration on Saturday; nothing to worry about I’m sure but wanted to pass along the info.

U. S. Embassy Rome, Italy

Demonstrations/Marches in Rome on Saturday, March 24, 2018

March 22, 2018

Multiple demonstrations/marches are planned this weekend.

Location 1:

Event: A demonstration is expected to take place in front of the U.S. Embassy, on the corner between via Veneto and Via Bissolati. The demonstration organized by a group of American citizens abroad is expected to take place Saturday, March 24, 2018 beginning at 1100 and ending at 1300. 50 demonstrators are expected. The police will be monitoring the event.

Location 2:

Event: A march is expected to take place from Piazza Barberini to Piazza del Popolo. The demonstration, organized in support of research for endometriosis, is expected to take place on Saturday, March 24, 2018 beginning at 1100 and ending at 1300 with the following routes: Piazza Barberini, Via Sistina, Trinita’ dei Monti to Piazza del Popolo. 200 people are expected. The police will be monitoring the event.

Action to take: We recommend that you:

· Avoid the area of the demonstrations.

· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.

· Monitor local media for updates.

· Keep a low profile.

Assistance:

· U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy

+39 06 46741 (24/7)

USCitizensRome@state.gov

https://it.usembassy.gov/

· State Department – Consular Affairs 888407-4747 or 202 501 4444

· Italy Country Information

· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security

updates

· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

So I just went thru tsa. I have tsa precheck but asked the agent about the door magnet because no one was behind me in line. After showing him the magnet he said to leave it out because it would block portions of the bag. Back to Kevin with the weather

Every time I went through security they pulled my luggage aside.... I expect the same on the way home...

Gonna pack Monday, working today and tomorrow. Leave tuesday. Figuring I'm brining no shorts (shame), and multiple layers.

I have heard that Europeans do not wear shorts, so anyone with shorts is assumed to be an American...

2 kg would only be a little over 4 lbs! That can't be right, can it?!

Edited to add: Looks like its 5 kg/11 lb for carry on, and 20 kg/44 lb for checked bags on Alitalia. We experienced the same when we booked and Easy Jet flight last time from Venice to Paris, with the 20 kg for checked bags.

I think my carryon was 25... and my checked luggage was 48...

Just wanted to thank Kevin, John, Pete, the DIS and Dreams Unlimited for putting together this wonderful vacation.
It was great to see old friends and made many new ones. And the ports- just wow. So thankful to be part of this group

What disdoglover said! Thank you so much for putting this together! Kevin and I both had a great time!

It was also really nice seeing you yesterday ;-)

Just to add my thoughts/and thanks - Thanks for @WebmasterJohn and @DisneyKevin for organizing the trip itself and also for organizing the Meet and Mingle - and to everyone from the team that came

We greatly enjoyed our trip - that was enhanced by traveling with the group

This ship was really wonderful and the rooms were really nice (especially the heated floor in the bathroom!). Service and food were quite good as well (though, to me, just a tick below what I got on Disney Cruise Line). Enjoyed the ports and got to see so many things I never thought I would. I think Sibenik, Croatia was the positive surprise of the trip!

I will also be adding a subset of my photos to Flickr and my Facebook acct. I enjoyed the trip. Loved the heated floors, wish their was some late night food or use of the winter garden besides for tea. Loved the new friends I met and of course enjoyed traveling with my old friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter