Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Because we will be docked, you are welcome to disembark at any time according to Viking.

Since this will be one of the last days of what I expect to be a long and eventful vacation, and a good solid sleep-in improves my teenager's mood, I called Viking to see when is the latest I can disembark. I am used to packing the night before and getting up early on DCL. The Viking rep said we had to be out of the cabin by 11AM and that was it.

Of course it is Venice so I'm sure there will be better things to do then sit on the ship all day but it will be a welcome respite from getting packed, up early and off the ship by 9AM. I hope the breakfast is better that last morning too. I was pretty disappointed in my last two DCL disembarkation day breakfast. I learned to order my DH a cup of coffee even though he doesn't drink it so I get more than one cup.

My flight home from Venice to JFK nonstop was just cancelled by Delta. Starting to explore other options. Looks like non-stop isn't going to be an issue.

My flight home from Venice to JFK nonstop was just cancelled by Delta. Starting to explore other options. Looks like non-stop isn't going to be an issue.
Me too, I am pretty sad about that. They tried to put me on a 6:55AM flight out with layover in Paris, way too early. I called and got on a 12:00 PM with Paris layover to JFK. Not ideal though. It's Air France and so they can't accommodate the Delta Comfort Plus I paid for. They claim they will refund it but the woman told me to wait until closer because "nonstop flights might come back" - here's hoping.

If there is still room for the food tour....Gene and I would like to join the group.

Gene & Bobbi@gbglanser@sbcglobal.net

Bobbi, I wasn't able to send you a message. If you are still interested could you message me so I can send you the payment information? :flower:

Me too, I am pretty sad about that. They tried to put me on a 6:55AM flight out with layover in Paris, way too early. I called and got on a 12:00 PM with Paris layover to JFK. Not ideal though. It's Air France and so they can't accommodate the Delta Comfort Plus I paid for. They claim they will refund it but the woman told me to wait until closer because "nonstop flights might come back" - here's hoping.

Geez, I wish I saw your post back on Oct 2. For no reason whatsoever, yesterday on a whim I decided to check our Delta flights... the March 31 direct flight from Venice to JFK was cancelled and we too were given the 6:55am flight through Charles de Gaulle. So upset. How could they not email us with this change? Back on Sept 23 they emailed us when the return flight changed by one hour, but they cancel the entire flight and don't email us?? I spent over three hours on the phone yesterday; we were finally booked on KLM at 11:30am going through Amsterdam. Very, very upset! However, for those of you looking, they were able to credit our Delta Comfort upgrade (yes, this is why we even decided to fly out of JFK, we live in Phila!! And could have flown out of PHL, EWR, or BWI, all of which are easier to get to than JFK!) KLM also has a Economy Comfort section. After many, many hours on the phone, the KLM agent (not the Delta agent) was able to refund us the Delta Comfort and book us on the KLM Economy Comfort. It seems wide open right now if anyone is interested in that! Good luck! I am so annoyed there is no longer the direct flight! That's the reason we chose Delta. If something happens to our outbound direct flight from JFK > FCO I will be beyond upset.

Geez, I wish I saw your post back on Oct 2. For no reason whatsoever, yesterday on a whim I decided to check our Delta flights... the March 31 direct flight from Venice to JFK was cancelled and we too were given the 6:55am flight through Charles de Gaulle. So upset. How could they not email us with this change? Back on Sept 23 they emailed us when the return flight changed by one hour, but they cancel the entire flight and don't email us?? I spent over three hours on the phone yesterday; we were finally booked on KLM at 11:30am going through Amsterdam. Very, very upset! However, for those of you looking, they were able to credit our Delta Comfort upgrade (yes, this is why we even decided to fly out of JFK, we live in Phila!! And could have flown out of PHL, EWR, or BWI, all of which are easier to get to than JFK!) KLM also has a Economy Comfort section. After many, many hours on the phone, the KLM agent (not the Delta agent) was able to refund us the Delta Comfort and book us on the KLM Economy Comfort. It seems wide open right now if anyone is interested in that! Good luck! I am so annoyed there is no longer the direct flight! That's the reason we chose Delta. If something happens to our outbound direct flight from JFK > FCO I will be beyond upset.

I booked Delta over the weekend
VCE-JFK non-stop
Delta 475 4/2/2018 Depart 12:40 PM - Arrive 4:08 PM
( I then have a connection to Boston)

I booked Delta over the weekend
VCE-JFK non-stop
Delta 475 4/2/2018 Depart 12:40 PM - Arrive 4:08 PM
( I then have a connection to Boston)

Thanks. There's no way we can extend this trip even longer. We are already missing our twin daughters' birthday and Easter. :-( 11 days is a lot when you have little kids. There are no direct flights from JFK, PHL, BWI, or EWR on 3/31/2018.

Twilight Trastevere Tour Friday 3/23/2018 - Update

https://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/rome/tours/twilight-trastevere/

Below is the current list of food tour participants. There is still room for more!

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 - deposit has been paid to secure our spot. (invoice 1461).

We are now up to 32 people for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US

We will be split into possibly 3 groups - 4:15 & 5:00 & 5:45 are the tour start times.

Please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they cannot accommodate gluten or dairy free).

Please let me know if you would like to join us on this food tour!!

Name DIS Boards Name Count

Karen A @apurplebrat 1
Jason @JWren1234 1
Chris & Chuck @christannj 2
Micki & John @tardis1029 2
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life 2
Marilee & Dino @corky441 2
Will @met19 1
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville 2
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom 2
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy 2
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017 2
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo 2
Karen & Bruce @kipper 2

Scott & Pam @sshaw10060 2
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1 2
Christy @Chropistopy 1
Angela & Eva @Skip3key 2

Gene & Bobbi @disneytized13 2

Tour Description
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.

On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.

A few of us did this tour during our September 2014 ABD Viva Italia. It was AWESOME!

Kristy did a great report located on the boards

https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-no-fear-dis-exclusive-viva-italia-dlp-tr-sept-2014-complete-new-tr-link-added-7-3.3335259/page-3#post-52386617

Just booked Airfare and Rome Hotel....

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 , 9:20pm Baltimore, MD (BWI) 8:20am London, (LHR), American Airlines6603Operated byBRITISH AIRWAYS
Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 9:25am London, (LHR) 1:05pm Rome, (FCO), American Airlines6318Operated byBRITISH AIRWAYS

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 , 1:10pm Venice, (VCE) 2:30pm London, (LHR), American Airlines6174Operated byBRITISH AIRWAYS
Mon, Apr 2, 2018, 3:40pm London, (LHR) 6:35pm Baltimore, MD (BWI)

Staying at Le Meridien Visconti Rome (Using Starwood Points) March 22-24.

Our flights are booked and we've booked our hotel in Rome for a few days before the cruise (Le Méridien Visconti Rome because SPG points.) My wallet cried a little at the cost of flights but the cruise will definitely be worth it.

Last edited:
Hi gang.
Anyone traveling on Delta 444 out of JFK on Wednesday in "Delta Comfort" -- check your reservation. They reassigned us out of Delta Comfort for whatever reason, and it looks like they may have done it to everyone in that section. After one hour, 5 minutes on hold with them yesterday, they put us back up there.

Hi Folks,

If anyone is still on the fence or considering an upgrade...this cruise is filling FAST.

These are the stateroom categories left available:

ES 1 - limited
ES 2 - limited
ES 3 - limited
PS 3 - 1 stateroom left
PV 1 - available

All of them are very limited in availablity.

Hi Folks,

If anyone is still on the fence or considering an upgrade...this cruise is filling FAST.

These are the stateroom categories left available:

ES 1 - limited
ES 2 - limited
ES 3 - limited
PS 3 - 1 stateroom left
PV 1 - available

All of them are very limited in availablity.

Thanks Kevin ... and love your "Every Disney Park" addition to your signature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!