DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

We had a fun final Skype call before many of us head out for our big Adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in person in just a few days.

We were thinking how we would all meet up once we are all together on October 11. It was suggested we meet in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel at 7 pm. How does that sound to folks?

We discussed on Skype this afternoon the possibility of a group of us going to Jingshan Park after the Forbidden City. It's across the street from the back of the Forbidden City. At the top of the hill is a temple which overlooks the Forbidden City. It looks like it would work out time wise as the Forbidden City is the last scheduled event of the day.

It was also asked about how far the restaurant TRB Hutong is from the park. Google Maps says a 13 min walk.

We had a fun final Skype call before many of us head out for our big Adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in person in just a few days.

We were thinking how we would all meet up once we are all together on October 11. It was suggested we meet in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel at 7 pm. How does that sound to folks?

Sorry I missed it! Were you planning to go into the park that evening after meeting up in the lobby? We were hoping to maybe catch the nighttime castle show and fireworks as part of our efforts to stay up and get on the right schedule.

Laurie

Hello, again! Christian responded quickly to our questions from today's Skype chat.

1. When we see the Great Wall, is it possible for some members of the group to ride the Toboggan Slide Way down the wall?

The Toboggan ride is not possible through disney. It’s safety is very questionable due to fatal accidents that has happened in the past. Then riding the gondola up, we need to walk another 40 minutes through steep area of the wall from where our group would originally go. Plus since the tobogan is a one person ride, the line can tend to be long from 1-2 hours to wait for your turn. Timing wise, we will get caught up with rush hour traffic. Since this place is at least 1 hour 45 min ride away.

Anyway just to clear when I said that toboggan is not possible through disney means that we can't do it as a group. As you know safety is our number one priority and we make sure we check safety first before we endorse doing activities in our itinerary.

2. Is it possible for us to see the 9 Dragons Screen during our tour of the Forbidden City?

We need to check availability of the 9 dragon screen on our day we are there because sometimes it is open and sometimes it is not. We will update you closer to our date for that day.

Christian also had some advice regarding the weather.

Also I see lots of liquid sunshine schedule on our tour. It happened in shanghai on my last tour and shoes were wet for the most part. I highly suggest good shoes that can be wet? Or maybe a sandal option for wet days. The plans will push through. Just wet. One thing I have learned doing this tour is that i don't fully trust weather apps way ahead. But it is always good to be prepared.

I'll probably be at DisneySea on Wednesday but I’ll try to make it back to meet up. Three things to note...

1) the bus from NRT is really easy. The ticket counter was right outside of customs and it stops at every Disney hotel

2) for some unknown reason getting the Disneyland Hotel Wi-Fi password was a hassle. It's 19281118

3) for those who like me will need to wash clothes before going to China the Disneyland Hotel has self service laundry machines (300 yen to wash / 100 yen per 15 minutes of drying)

Last edited:
Kate and I have to put 2 days of work in and then off to HK via Taipei late Tues Night. I checked the flight, 16hrs 10 min. Wow! I had no idea it was that long. I was thinking 14 or so. I'll give y'all the weather report from HK!

Hello from sunny Kyoto. 7pm at the hotel sounds ok for me. I will be following to see any changes. A tip about jet lag. I stayed up Saturday night when I arrived and set an alarm for 7am for a tour I booked. Long story short Sunday about 2 I really hit the wall. Luckily I had things planned so I was not tempted to go back to the hotel and sleep. I am doing a lot better today. I hope everyone has safe travels to Japan or Hong Kong.

Chandra

We are packed and ready to go as well. 7pm will work for us on Wednesday. Staying at the Pittsburgh airport tonight since our flight to Newark is at 5:45 tomorrow AM. My plan is to get some sleep on the plane and then stay up once we are in Tokyo. We were considering trying to do something in the park and/or eat there to stay awake and use up one of our admissions. Hopefully the park will be open for a few hours after our meeting time. Can't wait to see old friends and officially meet the Skype buddies that I have made over these few calls. The Joe Rhode stalking will start on Saturday!!!!::yes::

Chris

Last edited:

I would also like to go into one of the parks when we arrive so we can see the nighttime festivities. I am fine with moving our meeting location to a park if that works best for folks. We'll just need to be specific on the location.

Chris -

According to the calendar, both parks are open from 8am-10pm for the days we are there. We leave bright and early tomorrow for the first leg of our flight. See everyone soon!

Laurie

We are in Anaheim today. We hoped to get to Disneyland but there is a huge fire burning in the hills. At least a dozen homes have been destroyed. The parks are open but the air quality is so bad that we don’t want to venture out.

We are in Anaheim today. We hoped to get to Disneyland but there is a huge fire burning in the hills. At least a dozen homes have been destroyed. The parks are open but the air quality is so bad that we don’t want to venture out.
Watching coverage of the fire on the TV. Also big fires in northern CA wine country (Napa and Sonoma) have got to be putting a big strain on the state's fire fighting resources.

Watching coverage of the fire on the TV. Also big fires in northern CA wine country (Napa and Sonoma) have got to be putting a big strain on the state's fire fighting resources.
Check out the Disneyland pictures on Twitter. Search hashtag #CanyonFire2

I would also like to go into one of the parks when we arrive so we can see the nighttime festivities. I am fine with moving our meeting location to a park if that works best for folks. We'll just need to be specific on the location.

I’m at Disney Sea and am planning to watch Fantasmic tonight. If anyone ends up here as well let me know!

Thanks to a cast member friend I have three extra reserved seats for the 1pm Big Band Beat show tomorrow (Friday). If you’re going to be at Disney Sea and want to join let me know. Would need to meet at 12:15pm.

Thanks to a cast member friend I have three extra reserved seats for the 1pm Big Band Beat show tomorrow (Friday). If you’re going to be at Disney Sea and want to join let me know. Would need to meet at 12:15pm.

Hi
If they are still available Diane and myself would love to join you.
Just let us know where to meet.
Thanks
I&D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!