DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Where did you find the visa application?

Val & I will start that process in a couple of weeks once we get back from our Alaska cruise.

The visa application form is available in a PDF directly from the Chinese Embassy website [china-embassy.org]. If you use it then a typewriter is not needed. I downloaded a copy and will use it for our applications. I looked at the website for the visa service that ABD recommended. I don’t know that the ABD rate is but it looks like the service charges almost as much as the visa itself, $249.00 per person before the discount.

We met with our doctor to see what vaccinations, if any, he recommended for us. Not only did he do that, but also set us up with a few things for minor sicknesses we may experience traveling. So, even if you don't plan to get any of the CDC recommended vaccinations, it wouldn't hurt to talk with your doctor before the trip to see what they would recommend you take with you.

AND, if you haven't already seen, TDR Explorer has some of the fall/Halloween merch and food that will be there when we are, posted online!! It's close enough now that we will be seeing lots of info start to come out about October! Yeah!!

Just saw this on the bottom of calendar page of Hong Kong Disneyland:

For the preparation of an upcoming Special Event, “Disney Paint the Night” Parade will be suspended during Sep 4 – Nov 1, 2017.

Probably Halloween decorations along parade route.

Bummer! Wanted to see the differences between our's and their's.

Just did the Delta Shuffle and now our Tokyo to Hong Kong flights have changed. We're now on the same flight with Ian & Diane - Vanilla Air 10:45.

Finally dealing with the visa application now that we won't be leaving the country for anything else before the trip. The photo requirements seem very specific and it says that a passport photo won't work. For those who have completed already, where did you get your photos done?

Laurie

Finally dealing with the visa application now that we won't be leaving the country for anything else before the trip. The photo requirements seem very specific and it says that a passport photo won't work. For those who have completed already, where did you get your photos done?

Laurie

I just got back from a trip as well. So, we just started the process yesterday. We're using the CIBT Visa service this time (although I did it on my own last time).

I'm not aware of a photo service. We took our photos against a blank white wall. However, in the pictures the wall came out somewhat off-white with a slight shadow neither of which are acceptable according to CIBT. They kicked it back. The way I overcame that is, I took the pictures with a DSLR camera in RAW format. I then used Lightroom to overexpose the surrounding white wall (but not me) which eliminates shadows and turns the wall nice and white. If anyone is having similar issues with off-white walls and shadows and needs assistance, I'd be happy to help.

Laurie

I did normal passport photos through AAA and didn't have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter