DIS/DREAMS Exclusive San Francisco / Backstage Magic July 2019

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

The July 2019 San Francisco / Backstage Magic Adventure has sold out, but if you are interested in being on the wait;ist, let me know at Kevin@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Here is our list of participants:

Kevin
John
Karen
Bruce
Christina
Linda
Wendy
Greg
Steven
Cathleen
Amber
Ricky
Joe
Joanne
Alexander
Benjamin
Karen
Richard
LuAnn
Rodney
Jeremy
Tami
Denise
Lois
Cynthia
Karen
Karilynn
Michelle
Raymond
Andrea
Robert
Nan
Ian
Diane
Mike
De Anna
Diane
William

Let the conversation and plotting commence!

Last edited:
Karen 2.0 here, it's delightful to meet you all I'm sure. I'm already casting about for a nickname, maybe Chip, maybe K2. I'm sooooo excited - my bucket list is taking a real beating with this ABD mashup. I've been listening to the Dis for ten years but obviously don't know how to spice up my Disboards avatar. Going to work on that...

So, here's some mixer questions --
Have you seen Disneyland before? My only other trip to Disneyland was eons ago and I have the stubs of a ticket book. No E tickets left, you can betcha.
Who's never been to San Francisco? ME!
Seen a redwood? Again, ME!

We just finished our first ABD three days ago and we had such a great time. Can’t wait until next summer!

Hi everyone, this is our second ABD and can’t wait.
Recognise a few names on the list who we are looking forward to meeting again - and making new friends.

Hi Ian and Diane,

Look forward to seeing you again after our big China adventure!

--Karilynn

Hi Everyone, This will be our first ABD trip!! I was waiting for this trip specifically just from listening to the podcast and knowing how much fun everyone has when they go on a podcast trip! Like Karen, we have never been to SF or the West Coast at all, also going to be first timers at Disneyland! This checks off a lot of my wife’s bucket list. CAN”T WAIT!!!!

Hi everyone.
I have just noticed Star Wars Galaxy Edge is to open in Disneyland, Summer 2019, do you think it will be open when we go?
I know Kevin would really enjoy it, if it was open:rotfl2:

Hi everyone.
I have just noticed Star Wars Galaxy Edge is to open in Disneyland, Summer 2019, do you think it will be open when we go?
I know Kevin would really enjoy it, if it was open:rotfl2:

It only took me couple of days after the deposit to realize the timing. I am excited for the possibility, but don't want to get my hopes up. I am guessing we will be 50/50 on GE being open. I did not want to be the first to bring it up here. Now we can blame you for Jinxing it, or Kevin for his negative attitude. [insert smiley emoji's here]

We are very excited about the trip.

Our adventure starts in 341 Days!!
I'm heading to Google satellite maps to figure our where Galaxy's Edge fits into Disneyland. If it IS open by late July, the whole park might be more crowded but they might also be leaving other areas alone but we are going to be VERY HAPPY to have choice parade and fireworks viewing.
I'm collecting a Snack List, too... candy canes at the Confectionery, ?Tiger Tails pastries... soup in a sourdough bowl... oh my!

Well this has just taken another step forward for us, we have just booked our flights to and from the UK. Flying in a couple of days early to acclimatise and spending a week at the end in WDW to make more use of this years annual pass.
See you all soon.
Ian & Diane

Just booked our flight into SF on the 17th. We should be at the hotel by 7:30 that night. This should give us time to settle in and be ready to go in the morning.

I am trying to decide what to do on our last day. I am considering booking a red eye out and spending the day at the parks. Can ABD add a day to our park tickets?

Just booked our flight into SF on the 17th. We should be at the hotel by 7:30 that night. This should give us time to settle in and be ready to go in the morning.

I am trying to decide what to do on our last day. I am considering booking a red eye out and spending the day at the parks. Can ABD add a day to our park tickets?

Unfortunately, the ABD can not be changed in any way.

I have fought this fight for years and lost every time.

You would need to buy a one day ticket.

Disappointing, but not surprising.

Thanks for the reply

Putting this out there...I am a solo female traveler who booked this trip with another solo traveler who has now had to cancel, leaving me in a position of being back at the solo traveler price point which is not going to feasible for me.

Hoping there is another solo female traveler out there who really wants to go on this trip and would be willing to be a roommate....

Kevin,
I was just rereading the ABD Itinerary. (got the itch following along with your recent trip) It states 4 day park hopper and when I do the math that means we have tickets for the depart day. Am I reading this right? My original question about adding a ticket day was to cover the depart day.

Thanks

Ray

Kevin,
I was just rereading the ABD Itinerary. (got the itch following along with your recent trip) It states 4 day park hopper and when I do the math that means we have tickets for the depart day. Am I reading this right? My original question about adding a ticket day was to cover the depart day.

Thanks

Ray

Your ticket is good for the last day of the Adventure.

This is the day of the Farewell Breakfast.

So Kevin, if we decide to take the red eye from LAX, does ABD still arrange for our transportation back to the airport?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!