Dis Dining show minor complaint/suggestion

You don't think they have Hispanic or Latino viewers? Or French viewers? Wow. Narrow point of view...

As a Hispanic person, I find it incredibly tragic that these people, who live in ORLANDO, FLORIDA, of all places, cannot even attempt to learn how to pronounce some Spanish words when they do a food review of a restaurant serving that type of cuisine. It's embarrassing for them and shows a complete lack of regard for any ethnicity different from their own. It also points to the larger issue of a complete lack of diversity among the team, but that's another discussion that they obviously don't want to have.

For the record, I am not offended, and honestly am about the least "PC" person ever, but this just makes them look really ignorant. I'm surprised they don't care about that.

You didn't like how Steve thought empanadas = enchiladas?

‘Here’ being? I have eaten some amazing food in Cornwall. I have a little holiday home in Pendeen. Too much delicious food in Cornwall to waste time eating profiteroles. 😂
Being a Cornishman born and bred I agree with the fabulous Cornish food but even so you will still find the good old profiterole on many menus even in Cornwall me 'andsome.

I noticed in more recent videos, maybe Food and Wine, that Fiasco was doing better with the pronunciations, so I suspect that he has taken some of the comments on board.

I actually like Fiasco and his presence on Patreon doesn’t bother me at all - before he joined, we got less content there, so it’s not like he is edging others out. I remember being one of the only people in a thread who didn’t hate Charles when he arrived, and I think that people will start to like him more and more over the next few months.

Ryno ordering more vegetarian and vegan options has been great. I appreciate seeing a range of different tastes represented, and that’s one of the reasons that I think Deni is a great addition to the dining reviews.

Kevin and John did a dining review on the Dreams show. I thought that was a pretty decent show.

Just listened to the latest episode, Corey trying to correct Steve’s pronunciation and then blundering five minutes later reminded me of the annoying poster who corrects somebody else’s spelling but then goofs in their next post.
Seriously Corey spend your time preparing for your time on camera.

Just listened to the latest episode, Corey trying to correct Steve’s pronunciation and then blundering five minutes later reminded me of the annoying poster who corrects somebody else’s spelling but then goofs in their next post.

He’s unwatchable now. I scan straight through his sections every time now.

I found myself fast forwarding every time Fiasco was on screen, and then I felt bad about it. I’m sure he’s a hard working, good guy or I don’t think Pete would have let him run with the SSR review, but dang...I just wish he was a bit more educated in what he’s eating without repeating over and over that prime rib is fattier than a filet.

Steve’s tastes may be basic, but he’s at least endearing and fun to watch.

I guess it went over your head that he was joking when he was correcting steve.

Yeah, you may be right the "humor" went over my head. I do think Steve tries really hard to do a good job and interrupting someone when they are speaking to feed them an even else correct word then they are saying, isn't funny, in my book that's rude. For him to be playing off mispronouncing foreign words and interrupting someone as he was just joking around, makes me even less impressed. Maybe the joke is hilarious and I am missing something.

Steve has a reputation for being more bland and he is really trying to order outside the box. I actually think he should order more basic, it's his corner of the market and it's great info for Disney kidults ordering off the adult menu now.

Corey always orders a steak/slab of meat which is fine except with Pete on Keto, the steak and green vegetable meal is already covered. I am beginning to agree with others that Steve, Corey and Sean are too similar in palates and too many oddball stipulations of what they like. Sean won't eat hot dogs, Corey apparently dislikes mashed potatoes, etc. Steve has seniority by a mile, so it should go to him.
Jackie was lovely as always.

Last edited:
I actually think he should order more basic, it's his corner of the market and it's great info for Disney kidults ordering off the adult menu now.

Except it's predictable and uninteresting, every single episode, Steve proceeds to order the most bland item on the menu, and everyone here supports it because it's his corner of the market. We get it, kids enjoy <insert generic menu item>, whether it be chicken nuggets, fries, a hot dog, or mac and cheese. I'm sure all of us already know what our kids enjoy eating - and as for adults with limited palates, they already know what their gotos/safe foods are.

Honestly, if you're not willing to experiment - why on earth would you participate in a food review vlog? Props to Ryno for ordering outside the box.

I know Pete will probably say he knows what's up cause this is his staff. I also worry about upsetting Pete cause we don't like people on his staff. I do love the podcasts and the rest of the staff so much.

This is my only criticism of Pete. He doesn't like constructive criticism... I've seen many outbursts on DisUnplugged where he defends against someone's criticism. You get into media and you become a personality - be ready for everyone with an opinion.

Last edited:
Except it's predictable and uninteresting, every single episode, Steve proceeds to order the most bland item on the menu, and everyone here supports it because it's his corner of the market. We get it, kids enjoy <insert generic menu item>, whether it be chicken nuggets, fries, a hot dog, or mac and cheese. I'm sure all of us already know what our kids enjoy eating - and as for adults with limited palates, they already know what their gotos/safe foods are.

Honestly, if you're not willing to experiment - why on earth would you participate in a food review vlog? Props to Ryno for ordering outside the box.

This is my only criticism of Pete. He doesn't like constructive criticism... I've seen many outbursts on DisUnplugged where he defends against someone's criticism. You get into media and you become a personality - be ready for everyone with an opinion.

Exactly. Having Steve on the dining show is the equivalent to having Zuckerberg on a fashion program. Dude wears a gray t-shirt and jeans every day. Why would we want his opinion on fashion?
I know they have many shows and so put people where they are needed but I’ve scratched my head about Fiasco as well. So many rides “I’ve never ridden that” so many restaurants “I’ve never eaten there” .....seems like a nice guy but why are we listening to you for Disney advice then?!

I am not one to criticize individual members of the team by name as I don't think that's constructive criticism. I think that's just being mean.

I do, however, agree that the folks doing dining reviews should have some knowledge and experience and basis for doing reviews. For example, if you have never eaten sushi, you shouldn't be the one doing a review of a new sushi place that opened. You have no point of reference and nothing to compare it to. All you can really say is whether or not you liked it which isn't really helpful to folks who eat sushi regularly.

By the same token, if you are on a restricted diet and need to ask a restaurant to modify multiple dishes and change how they prepare things, you really shouldn't be doing dining reviews either unless your target audience is folks on a similar diet. So if you want to do a show about diabetic dining or low sodium dining or vegan dining or keto dining, that's great, but if you are doing a broad general dining review, you need to talk about the items the restaurant normally serves the way they normally serve them.

You must not watch often, Steve has been avoiding the basic stuff for months.

In general, the mispronunciations don't bother me. However, it did start to bug me when Fiasco kept pronouncing "Le Cellier" as "selly-er" even after the others, on multiple occasions, repeatedly told him how to pronounce it.

Seriously 😐. i feel like some people have nothing better to do with their time but over analyze everyone . which means guess what they are doing nothing productive with there time. i am up watching videos at 3 am to help plan my upcoming trip.because its the only time i have to plan. planning a vacation equals losing sleep always. i feel like its a courtesy and privilege to have acess to these videos and forums. These are travel agents who are helping people get the most out if their vacation and make memories that will last forever, please show some love for their efforts. this is a vacation - relax! i am guessing my lack of capitalization is bothering you too. too tiired to care😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!