Dis Dining show minor complaint/suggestion

Seriously 😐. i feel like some people have nothing better to do with their time but over analyze everyone . which means guess what they are doing nothing productive with there time. i am up watching videos at 3 am to help plan my upcoming trip.because its the only time i have to plan. planning a vacation equals losing sleep always. i feel like its a courtesy and privilege to have acess to these videos and forums. These are travel agents who are helping people get the most out if their vacation and make memories that will last forever, please show some love for their efforts. this is a vacation - relax! i am guessing my lack of capitalization is bothering you too. too tiired to care😀

I think it's just people that are listening to a product and want to see it improved. It just tells you that these people actually care. If they didn't care they would just stop watching. If people just stop watching that means they stop doing these reviews.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this show. I don't like the format, doing the review in the middle of the restaurant makes it very hard to listen to (I'm mostly a podcast guy), and difficult to watch some times when I get a chance. I also don't think there are enough people on the show that actually eat at good restaurants to give their opinion of the food.

The show should just be "Dinner with Pete" and Pete just takes one person out to a restaurant for a meal and then they find somewhere quiet to talk about it.

The show should just be "Dinner with Pete" and Pete just takes one person out to a restaurant for a meal and then they find somewhere quiet to talk about it.
I don't mind them doing it in restaurant itself. It is helpful to see the food and to see the interior of the restaurant. But I love the idea of paring the show down to Pete and one guest and the idea of having a segment where they briefly talk about the meal outside of the restaurant.

I don't mind them doing it in restaurant itself. It is helpful to see the food and to see the interior of the restaurant. But I love the idea of paring the show down to Pete and one guest and the idea of having a segment where they briefly talk about the meal outside of the restaurant.

Doing some of it in the restaurant is great, since you can see the inside of the restaurant but the audio is terrible. If they could fix that, I wouldn't mind. It's honestly not bad if you're watching, but podcasting it is not as great.

I hear all the background noise messing up the audio and I think, that seems really loud and chaotic, and that almost speaks more to the place then whatever they are actually saying.

Doing some of it in the restaurant is great, since you can see the inside of the restaurant but the audio is terrible. If they could fix that, I wouldn't mind. It's honestly not bad if you're watching, but podcasting it is not as great.

I feel like in the past they used to do a combination where they would be in the studio but then cut to being in the restaurant with a bit of an overview video to give you a feel for it, etc. and then come back to the studio for more of their opinion

Perhaps more challenging to get everyone to two locations at two separate times to do it that way but I think there were some benefits to that format

I feel like in the past they used to do a combination where they would be in the studio but then cut to being in the restaurant with a bit of an overview video to give you a feel for it, etc. and then come back to the studio for more of their opinion

Perhaps more challenging to get everyone to two locations at two separate times to do it that way but I think there were some benefits to that format

They used to almost always do all dining show reviews in studio I think? Or at least they would break away to show video during the show, or talk over pictures etc.

That requires more editing which is more work. They are pumping out a lot of content between the different youtube channels, shows, travel and patreon. Maybe they need to hire another person or cut down on content. Doing it all in the restaurant is a simpler editing job.

Seriously 😐. i feel like some people have nothing better to do with their time but over analyze everyone . which means guess what they are doing nothing productive with there time.

Funny.
Everyone is busy. We all have stuff...and often times there aren’t enough hours in the day to get all of our stuff done. However, and this is a big “however,” it’s part of their JOB to do these dining reviews. Fiasco gets paid to do this, and he’s slacking in his job by not doing the proper research to even pronounce the restaurant name correctly. They don’t do these videos out of the goodness of their hearts. It’s a business. The more videos, the more views, the more people use their services, and the more money they make. I’m not saying that they aren’t great people. I’m sure they are (I don’t know them personally), and I enjoy their videos for the most part. I just wish Fiasco wouldn’t be so darned ignorant when it comes to food when he’s doing a restaurant review.

You must not watch often, Steve has been avoiding the basic stuff for months.

Correct, I stopped watching Dining Shows for aforementioned reasons - I got nothing out of it other than "oh this is really good mac and cheese". Still watch the main show though.

Yes. They would show a video with an overview of the restaurant and the food but the actual review was done in the studio where you could actually hear what they were saying. Plus, it gave them all some time to actually think about what they were going to say rather than having to make it up on the fly. I think it resulted in a much more polished and professional show.

Honestly, I haven't listened for months. I'll have to give it another shot and see if anything has changed. I liked the in-studio shows but couldn't tolerate the in-restaurant ones.

You don't think they have Hispanic or Latino viewers? Or French viewers? Wow. Narrow point of view...

As a Hispanic person, I find it incredibly tragic that these people, who live in ORLANDO, FLORIDA, of all places, cannot even attempt to learn how to pronounce some Spanish words when they do a food review of a restaurant serving that type of cuisine. It's embarrassing for them and shows a complete lack of regard for any ethnicity different from their own. It also points to the larger issue of a complete lack of diversity among the team, but that's another discussion that they obviously don't want to have.

For the record, I am not offended, and honestly am about the least "PC" person ever, but this just makes them look really ignorant. I'm surprised they don't care about that.
This is sooo true! I love the Dis but its just soooo white. There is no diversity when it comes to ethnicity. Age, check! LGBQT+, check! Those two checks don't make it fully diverse when the faces are still white. It's a white space and it causes a one-sided lens to the opinions of DW. No one addresses it. They hired a new female, she seems really cool but again, she's white. There are many POC who know Disney and can add to the podcast but it seems like it's just not something Pete is interested in doing.

Last edited:
This is sooo true! I love the Dis but its just soooo white. There is no diversity when it comes to ethnicity. Age, check! LGBQT+, check! Those two checks don't make it fully diverse when the faces are still white. It's a white space and it causes a one-sided lens to the opinions of DW. No one addresses it. They hired a new female, she seems really cool but again, she's white. There are many POC who know Disney and can add to the podcast but it seems like it's just not something Pete is interested in doing.
They just added Ruben- a Latino- in the 9/24 WDW episode and Luella on the Disneyland show is Asian. But neither of them seem to be like they're regulars.

The pronunciations of BASIC food terms in the latest episode really got to me and make me consider skipping the show from now on. Can't pronounce au jus? Or confit? Seriously? Some of the Dining Show regulars don't even try. Even Pete seems embarrassed at this point... and yet he keeps them on the show and doesn't make them make any changes like reviewing the menu beforehand so they don't botch the pronunciations. Unlike other people, I don't mind the in-restaurant reviews, but the pronunciations are something else. I could understand if it's a rare foodie term.... but pretty much every word Disney uses in their menus is pretty common in restaurants.

I like most of the regular crew on the regular shows... but many of them just completely botch the dining show and it's a shame.

They just added Ruben- a Latino- in the 9/24 WDW episode and Luella on the Disneyland show is Asian. But neither of them seem to be like they're regulars.

The pronunciations of BASIC food terms in the latest episode really got to me and make me consider skipping the show from now on. Can't pronounce au jus? Or confit? Seriously? Some of the Dining Show regulars don't even try. Even Pete seems embarrassed at this point... and yet he keeps them on the show and doesn't make them make any changes like reviewing the menu beforehand so they don't botch the pronunciations. Unlike other people, I don't mind the in-restaurant reviews, but the pronunciations are something else. I could understand if it's a rare foodie term.... but pretty much every word Disney uses in their menus is pretty common in restaurants.

I like most of the regular crew on the regular shows... but many of them just completely botch the dining show and it's a shame.

To be fair, it seemed pretty obvious that they were joking this time with the Au Jus. The confit one, though, had me shaking my head again.

I completely agree with most of what you said, but have to clarify on the Luella example. She hasn’t appeared on the DL show in many months and was replaced with Morgan. Morgan is fine but Luella was a true local of California and had years of expertise, as well as being a mother to young kids and the parent perspective is often missing. She brought a ton to the table so to use her as an example when she hasn’t been on the show doesn’t really come together for me tbh.

Last edited:
To be fair, it seemed pretty obvious that they were joking this time with the Au Jus. The confit one, though, had me shaking my head again.
I'm not a huge fan of certain members of the dining review team, but haven't cared too much about the constant lack of awareness and dining knowledge by them, such as the pronunciations, etc. While the au jus comment seemed to be a joke, I at least perceived it as them being aware that the horrid pronunciations bother some listeners and condescendingly joking it off. And I imagine my comment here might seem more severe than I intend it or than other listeners might perceive, but that rubbed me the wrong way, and I usually don't care very much either way.

I'm not a huge fan of certain members of the dining review team, but haven't cared too much about the constant lack of awareness and dining knowledge by them, such as the pronunciations, etc. While the au jus comment seemed to be a joke, I at least perceived it as them being aware that the horrid pronunciations bother some listeners and condescendingly joking it off. And I imagine my comment here might seem more severe than I intend it or than other listeners might perceive, but that rubbed me the wrong way, and I usually don't care very much either way.

I agree. But, I also noticed in the recent Disneyland show, when talking about the new Tenaya spa at the Grand Californian, they actually used a website that speaks words so you know how to pronounce them correctly. The site did clarify how to pronounce the name for them, so maybe they are listening to feedback and at least using an online tool to help them.

I completely agree with most of what you said, but have to clarify on the Luella example. She hasn’t appeared on the DL show in many months and was replaced with Morgan. Morgan is fine but Luella was a true local of California and had years of expertise, as well as being a mother to young kids and the parent perspective is often missing. She brought a ton to the table so to use her as an example when she hasn’t been on the show doesn’t really come together for me tbh.
Luella did show up in the Oogie Boogie Bash video... but not for very long. But yeah, she hasn't been on the main show in quite a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!