'DIS Diet Tips

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
I know we have done this before but how putting together a list of DIS Diet tips?

I will put the list together and post stick it to the top for all to see :)

1. Drink lots of Water

4. Keep moving. Even if it's only taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Every little bit of extra exercise you get (including "marching" in front of the TV for 10 minutes instead of sitting there) counts!

Use light weights or a stretch band ...

5-l0 min a day really tones flabby arms and works back muscles too.

Herc.

*Try to always eat at the table, not while watching T.V. or involved in another activity. You eat way more than you realize.

*When you have a food craving, get involved in something else, and wait 10 minutes. Drink a large glass of water. More often than not the craving will pass, or you will forget about it!

*Keep a food and exercise journal.

*Try not to eat or drink anything (except water) after 6:00 p.m.

Lots of fiber! I don't get hungry until lunchtime if I have oatmeal or Kashi for breakfast.:)

Originally posted by Mrs. Potato Head

*Try not to eat or drink anything (except water) after 6:00 p.m.

While I believe everyone has to do what works for them when it comes to dieting (trying to lose weight). I have to disagree, respectfully, on this one. If you are truely hungry, you should eat no matter what time of the day, IMO. I think if you apply the same rule of thumb as the tip given for the food cravings, you will find that false hunger (boredom, stress etc) will pass if you get involved in something else. But if after 10 mins you are still truely hungry, then eat.

My tips are the 3 W's

Water - flush your system and the extra added benefit of that extra excercise walking back and forth to the restroom :D
Walking (or any exercise) - burn off some of the excess energy (stored as fat)
Weights - to build muscle, which burns calories

Eat more often. 5 or 6 smaller meals keep your metabolism charged up longer than 3 large meals.

If you have a bad day - shake it off and start all over again - don't just say "I blew it" and go on a binge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter