DIS brunch at Palo's? Reserved prior to boarding?

DreamsDoComeTrue

Life is Good.
Once there I double checked our reservations for our Dis brunch and gald I did, Palo's had us down for the wrong day.
I saw this mentioned on a trip report. In following the course of the writers events, it seemed that the reservations were made before she had boarded, and she just ran up to double-check on them, before dashing off to do Spa ressies.
Can anyone (everyone) tell me about this? Is this how you get to meet up with the other folks on the DIS roll calls, "unofficial list" etc.?

until this last trip of ours, we've never been able to pre-book palos. this last time, we were in the walt suite and received a call from a land-based concierge who asked if we wanted to book anything, including palos.

we were in a cat 1 and a cat 3 (both concierge) previously on the wonder, but were never offered this service. i don't know if it is limited to concierge on the magic or if it is just something new.

Oh well. I probably just interpreted her statement wrong.
I have heard other people mention meeting people from these boards at a gathering on board. I guess I'll just wing it and if there is anything, maybe it will be on a navigator. Ah Ha! I'll go back and read some of Barb and Dave's navigators more closely!
Anyone know of a scheduled gathering of any kind? (not necessarily at Palo's brunch)

I recall seeing in one of our navigators an announcement for a meeting on board for some group.

Other than that, the only thing I know about is stuff that gets organized on this board prior to cruising. For example, on the cruise we went on, a bunch of DISers got together on deck at a certain place for the "going away party" so we could all meet each other. And then a wine tasting was planned, so we all each brought a bottle or 2 of our fav' wines.

u r not crazy we have prebooked Palos for dis group meet
i dont know how, but if u look on the thread for the Inaugural Western 05/11/2002 who is going.. started by wdwgoose
on page 45 of that thread.. Discrusnmommie or kelly, has handled the arrangements her email address is there .. u could ask her how..
u will see there is like 30 of us doing brunch at palos
peter good luck

a wine tasting was planned, so we all each brought a bottle or 2 of our fav' wines.
What a GREAT idea !!!

I'll look for that info about pre-booking... if I can get anywhere soon, with this "server is busy" stuff going on.:crazy:

"Friends of Bill W.",
Again, I'm shown the many wonderful (PG) reasons that adults travel on Disney... without even kids.:smooth:

Hygiene99... thanks for the direction, I'm just waiting for an e-mail reply from Kelly. What a wacko group you Inauguralites are! I'm jealous. Even started thinking Boones sounded good LOL.

the 9/28/01 group did a brunch at Palo's. We had a separate room all to ourselves......but, the MAX it would hold was 16 and it was tight. We did not prebook. We had everyone's names and cabin #'s before boarded, and I booked when I did my dinner ressies. All the reservations were under my name when I booked.......so you must verify that everyone is attending, so you don't have to pay cancellation fees. Everything worked out well for us and we had a wonderful time.

have fun
smiles Patty

Friends of Bill W. is a code name for Alcoholics Anonymous. DCL sponsors these meetings in order to assist those who may need some reinforcement or help during their cruise.

We had a huge DIS Meet - around 40 or so as I recall - and we chose a time to meet in the Promenaude Lounge. We did publicize it on this Cruise Board prior to the cruise so everyone knew where to gather.

On the Oct 27,2001 Halloween Cruise, we had a member sailing in Cat.3 I believe she also booked with Amex. She was able to book Palo's in advance for everyone in our group total of 22 people. They had to stagger the ressie 12 then 10 half hour apart. It was a great group met.

It is possible to book a group met once aboard. One person come make Palo reservation for all. Get there as soon as the doors open for reservations, have everyones last name and stateroom numbers make sure you tell them it's for a Dis group meeting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter