Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Welcome, China Expat. Sorry, you have joined this club, but happy to help in any way we can. Glad to hear your treatments are going well!

China Ex Pat - welcome but sorry you are here. All who are here are a great source of information and encouragement. Their strength amazes me. I have th y cancer and they let me hang out with them.

Smiley - Love your pictures. You, your girls and dgd look wonderful. What a great trip to look forward to.

Laurie - Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Finally my trip update. Our room at the Swan was free and great. Great weather. D's pushed the wheelchair as needed. Did 3 days of Food and Wine, went to the Christmas party. Only thing I missed by going early was the Candlelight Processional but the decorations were nice. D's went to Og's Cantina. What a line! He got an adr. Rode the skyliner. Very claustrophobic with a wheelchair. Dh put up with it all. Ticket prices are insane. Didn't renew my ap. D's gets a union discount. Using that next time. Funniest part of trip was seeing rhinos mating on the safari. Everyone was laughing. Someone at the Christmas party asked for 50 cookies and they have it to her omg!

In other news. We are meeting ds1 gf parents mon. night at his bday and dil bdays dinner. Sounds serious. Some of you remember me sharing about Alyssa in the past. We went to her wedding. 6 weeks before she needed another hip replacement. Her bone marrow donor made a little speech. So touching.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
GAGWTA

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2020!!
I found out where my dr.s new office is, quite a trip now but around the corner from ds2 house
Now for a very special announcement.... I am...
Getting a new daughter in law. Ds1 got engaged!!!!
Plans are underway. Labor Day weekend.
10 girls in the bridal party omg!!
The venue is over an hour away. My bad back sighs.
She invited me to dress shopping Sunday at Kleinfelds - the Say Yes to the Dress place. I said I couldn't physically handle that. She works in the city.
They want to honeymoon in Disney for 3 days until they can get to Japan. Ds1 just started a new job so no vacation time. They want to go to Japan.
Can't believe they met on an online dating site.
GAGWTA

I found out where my dr.s new office is, quite a trip now but around the corner from ds2 house
She invited me to dress shopping Sunday at Kleinfelds - the Say Yes to the Dress place. I said I couldn't physically handle that. She works in the city.
They want to honeymoon in Disney for 3 days until they can get to Japan. Ds1 just started a new job so no vacation time. They want to go to Japan.
GAGWTA
That is so wonderful!! Congrats to all of you! That she invited you dress shopping, is a good sign she is a caring future DIL! I got to do that, her own mom could not be there, so I was honoured. We had a wonderful visit with our dear son’s 4 girls! Being stronger and in so much less pain meant I was able to do lots with them, but now I need at least 3 days of rest and quiet time. Its hard getting through this season without our son, and now January 28 is looming. It will be a long hard month.

GAGWTA
You have been a busy lady! Congratulations!

Some good news! My latest PET scan shows a 60 percent reduction of the size of the affected lymph nodes and of the cancer. So, continuing on. I will repeat the PET scan at the end of March.

Also, some good news for Kendall. She is seeing improvement in several things she has suffered from for years. She is taking Plaquenil and it seems to be helping.

All in all, things are looking up!

Ladies, hope all is going well for you also!

Some good news! My latest PET scan shows a 60 percent reduction of the size of the affected lymph nodes and of the cancer. So, continuing on. I will repeat the PET scan at the end of March.

Also, some good news for Kendall. She is seeing improvement in several things she has suffered from for years. She is taking Plaquenil and it seems to be helping.

Fantastic news!! I am so happy for both of you!

So happy for good news!! ❤

Good Peg
Jan 19 I almost died
Had an aortic dissection
Surgeon fixed top part
Having ct tomm to see if I need more surgery
Ripped from l shoulder to groin. False lumen to r kidney
Surgeon said he never saw anything like that before
God is good Please pray.

Good Peg
Jan 19 I almost died
Had an aortic dissection
Surgeon fixed top part
God is good Please pray.
Oh that is terrible! praying all will go well for you!

Good Peg
Jan 19 I almost died
Had an aortic dissection
Surgeon fixed top part
God is good Please pray.
Keeping you in my prayers, lmp. You are a fighter!

I wrote a big update in the Coping and Compassion section in the Thyroid Thread. I don't know how to do a link but you can read it.
I am so thankful to God I am alive.
The surgeon said he only had 2 other patients with this much extensive damage and they both died. They said at first I only had a 2% chance of living.
PTL God heard everyone's prayers. I am a miracle for sure
GAGWTA

I wrote a big update in the Coping and Compassion section in the Thyroid Thread. I don't know how to do a link but you can read it.
The surgeon said he only had 2 other patients with this much extensive damage and they both died. They said at first I only had a 2% chance of living.
GAGWTA
Posting the link here for you, lmp. Wow, you've been through a lot! So grateful for excellent medical care, prayers, and the love of your family!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-thyroid-thread.1274073/post-61544751

GAGWTA
Oh LMP! I am so glad you are doing ok!! went to read your post, I am so glad your dear son did not have to live with that!

We had an amazing family trip to Disneyland!! Got to ride both new rides in Galaxys Edge (star wars land to me!) plenty of pool time, weather was hot and sunny except for one day! I will post some pics from my laptop as soon as I can!
now the not great news, I went for blood work and an ecg for my upcoming reconstruction surgery, (i purposely waited till after our trip!) low red blood count, but my ecg was not good.
nonspecific inferolateral st segment change. I have been really feeling my heart flip flopping the last few months, but it comes and goes. After my angiogram in 2002, when I went for a stress test after my tachycardia bijeminy, and other changes, they stuck me in icu and sent me by ambulance to a major hospital for the angiogram, they put me on heart medication for a couple of years and it went away. Then it came back during chemo, I could feel it and told my dr, they did the ecg and it was back. At that point it was the least of my worries so we just carried on with the chemo and after, the ecg got better, not normal but better. At one time they had me pack a copy of the ecg and report with me in my purse in case of an accident etc, she said if they did an ecg they would think I was dying. So here I am, have lost 40 lbs now trying to get healthy, and I get to deal with this. I dont want to tell any of my family, I dont want to worry/burden them, so I came here to whine at you all instead. I will keep you updated. I am really glad I waited till after our trip, and that I rode the incredicoaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!