DIS backpack design? Wanna see pictures?

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
Has anyone here done a design for a backpack to identify fellow DISers?
DD and I have tried laminated Mickey paint samples fastened to our backpacks while on WDW trips but had no luck.
I took our small backpacks that we carry in the parks to a lady who does embroidery today. I wanted her to put on a lime green Mickey head with DIS inside in black and our DIS names in lime green above the Mickey head. She pointed out that the Mickey head was probably trade marked and she would not be able to use it. (why didn't I think of that?)
So now I am thinking of just having her Embroider "Yes, I DIS" in lime green and then our names (Lucyanna Girl for me and The Dark Dancer for DD).
The backpacks are small ones and there is not a lot of room. Anyone have a better idea? I know there are many talented people here, ant help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lucyanna Girl
Penny

We got our backpacks back today. Wanna see?

IM000353.jpg

IM000354.jpg

What material is your bag made from? Could you do an iron-on or material cut in the Mickey ears shape using the fusible web? I bought a backpack made of t-shirt like material that I can iron-on a transfer (it is made of the right material & has enough room for me to do this). I haven't done the iron-on yet so I can't post it. Wish I could be more help.

What if you got her to embroider on black material and then cute out a Mickey Head Shape and iron it on then stitch around it for extra security? You would need to Get a Mickey head shape template to take with you for placement, but she wouldn't be selling you anything trademarked, so it would be ok. What do you think? :confused3

The image just popped into my mind that you do a hollow lime green circle with your names embroidered in the center.....??? I think you have a really good idea to embroider the backpacks.....I may take a look at doing something with mine, too! :goodvibes

Whatever you do, don't forget to tell us and post a picture! All the ideas I thought of have already been posted. (I was thinking iron on myself.) Good luck!

I did one for my small backpack last october. I made a t-shirt transfer and ironed it onto a black t-shirt scrap (I removed the pocket from a pocket T) then hand stitched it onto the backpack. Yes, it did get noticed. That's how I met steamboatmarti and mgkkdm. Here is a photo of it:

backpack.jpg

Deb

my3princes said:
I did one for my small backpack last october. I made a t-shirt transfer and ironed it onto a black t-shirt scrap (I removed the pocket from a pocket T) then hand stitched it onto the backpack. Yes, it did get noticed. That's how I met steamboatmarti and mgkkdm. Here is a photo of it:

backpack.jpg

Deb

That's really a cool idea! I hadn't thought about ironing it on material and then sewing that on. I like your model!!!

Adorable photo! I think my son has the same outfit. In fact, it's his favorite! :lmao:

Thanks for the ideas. The embroidery shop hasn't called me back yet. The one you did is so cute, my3princes. When I get it done I will post a picture. I sure would like to meet some fellow Disers while we are there (April 2 - 11).

sconnell said:
What if you got her to embroider on black material and then cute out a Mickey Head Shape and iron it on then stitch around it for extra security? You would need to Get a Mickey head shape template to take with you for placement, but she wouldn't be selling you anything trademarked, so it would be ok. What do you think? :confused3

I really like this idea! It's so simple and would look great!

I actually have an embroidery machine so I can do this one my self. Though, I'm not going to do it for our April Trip. lol. I'm just going to use DD's bag. It was the perfect size last time. It's the smallest l.l. bean book bag. (It was a birthday present from my best friend to her. She got her DS the same, but blue. They were on the same trip with us in May of 04 and will be with us in Dec of 06) Maybe I need to make us bags for 06.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter