Dis Article

dogdangling

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I’m hoping to write a Dis article in the near future about phone / iPad usage in parks and submit it. I’m interested in people’s thoughts on the following.

When in the parks watching Happily ever after or any other parade or show , have you ever recorded some or part of the spectular and watched the fireworks through your camera lense and not through your own eyes?

If you have, did you actually watch the recording back?

With Disney holidays costing big bucks, are we now too dependant on technology and not enjoying the atmosphere / magic that’s being created and not watching it through the lense of your camera phone.

Thanks for reading this and look forward to your responses.

Phil

Yes, and I did look at it later. And since I use a DSLR, it's not like it was through a phone - it was through an optical viewfinder, which is basically as good as it gets for quality, with my other eye open so I was still watching it.

On the other hand, using lit screens of phones and cameras from other people ruins the magic for me. Particularly the idiots holding up a 10" iPad on full brightness so I can't see it except through that. I wish that practice could be banned.

I watch with a tripod and DSLR in front of me. I don't do video but I shoot still photographs throughout the show. I enjoy it immensely and can't wait to look at my shots later. I use several of them in the scrapbook I do for each of our trips.

Everyone enjoys shows at Disney in different ways.

Hi,

I’m hoping to write a Dis article in the near future about phone / iPad usage in parks and submit it. I’m interested in people’s thoughts on the following.

When in the parks watching Happily ever after or any other parade or show , have you ever recorded some or part of the spectular and watched the fireworks through your camera lense and not through your own eyes?

If you have, did you actually watch the recording back?

With Disney holidays costing big bucks, are we now too dependant on technology and not enjoying the atmosphere / magic that’s being created and not watching it through the lense of your camera phone.

No, never recorded a fireworks show. So by definition that means I've never watched a recording back.

Yes, some are far too into technology and miss the atmosphere. The mindset completely escapes me. You're standing there...in the hub in MK...yet choose to watch the show through your video screen instead of your own eyes? Why?? If I want to watch it on a video screen, I've got an nice TV at home and YouTube. When I'm there, I want to see with my own eyes. My brain is my video recorder, flawed as it is. :D

There's enough people who do, so if I want to see a recording, there will surely be one available on youtube.

If I want to watch it on a video screen, I've got an nice TV at home and YouTube.
Darn those people who are recording the shows! If I wanted to watch on a video screen, I'll watch on my TV/Computer from someone who has recorded the shows! Oh, wait... :rotfl2:

Darn those people who are recording the shows! If I wanted to watch on a video screen, I'll watch on my TV/Computer from someone who has recorded the shows! Oh, wait... :rotfl2:

:laughing: Yes, I get the irony. But since so many have already done it...

Perhaps the question should be "Why doesn't Disney capitalize on everyone's desire for great video of fireworks, shows and rides by selling their own videos?" I would have also loved to buy a photo CD/DVD with reprint rights for ride and character photos that I could use in my family's photo books.

I have not recorded the fireworks but I have taken a few pictures. I have taken a few pictures of parades and shows as well, but I'm not a big fan of either. Mostly I feel like they are in the way.

I can't recall if I recorded Candlelight Processional or just took pictures. Either way, in that instance it was because my son was singing in it.

I never said "darn those people". I just said it's something I choose not to do because so many other people have already done it for me. No "darn those people" at all.

I'm the same as well. I watch it and have no desire to record it for later. There's enough people who do, so if I want to see a recording, there will surely be one available on youtube.
I'll never forget seeing the little Obama girls staring at their phones during his inauguration. Pretty sure there were other people filming it for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter