Dirty room at Poly

Actually not very convinced with description of Covid Cleaning Assurances... shouldn’t they have been doing this type of cleaning all along?
My biggest fear is seeing the same stains on Main Street
Please use steam heat to clean and not just cold water

No interest in staying at poly again
The rooms and hallways dirty. Beds hard as a rock. They could never figure out our magic bands. Gave us a room already assigned. Management failed to make the situation better
stayed at bay lake in a grand villa. Sliding door broke. Main table was broke not clean and stained. Spider web city. My favorite part was the neighbor who put the dirty diapers in the hallway outside their grand villa door. Bay lake was quickly to fix. Will stay there again.
OKW broken bed. Took 2 days to fix.
There is always problems just like living at home.

Stayed at the pollynomce in a studio. Upon checking in there were 4 maids in the hallway chatting it up. Walk into a dirty disgusting room. Water bottle behind toilet with cigarette butts in it. Another bottle with cigarette butts on the balcony. Immediately called the manager at the front desk and emailed MS. Got room cleaned, $500 room credit and points back into my account.

Disney and DVC housekeeping is a mess everywhere. I dont even remember how many dirty rooms we have had over the Pass 20+ years at various resorts. It’s the luck of the draw. As a hotel management company, Disney is the bottom of the barrel. They would rather come and reclean and give you a freebie if you complain because that is still cheaper than paying enough or hiring enough housekeepers. Many people don’t bother complaining so they don’t make any changes. Disney doesn’t make it easy to complain either.
The worst incident we had was one year at OKW when there was A huge amount of cooked cheese from a pizza hanging off the oven racks, greasy stove, a dirty diaper in the closet and something that looked like feces In the shower. This was at least 15 years ago so it’s not a new problem.
I wish Loews would offer a training course to Disney management on how they run the Universal resorts. Loews knows how to do it.
Yes, my worst was at Old Key West also, 2008. There was a big spill of something on the floor, wet for 2-3 days and sticky. The chairs on the balcony were covered in black mold. I cleaned them myself. The whole room was not clean, but when I called about it, they said they would get to it sometime. No one ever came or called me back about it. I have never gone back to Old Key West, it was such a bad experience. I know others love it. But that was bad enough to never go back.
They never followed up with me, or came to clean. I left early and moved to SSR, losing points.

No interest in staying at poly again
The rooms and hallways dirty. Beds hard as a rock. They could never figure out our magic bands. Gave us a room already assigned. Management failed to make the situation better
stayed at bay lake in a grand villa. Sliding door broke. Main table was broke not clean and stained. Spider web city. My favorite part was the neighbor who put the dirty diapers in the hallway outside their grand villa door. Bay lake was quickly to fix. Will stay there again.
OKW broken bed. Took 2 days to fix.
There is always problems just like living at home.
Yes, when I stayed at CC the frig wouldn't get cold, and I had groceries. They came and wasted HOURS of my time for 3 days, and brought 3 different refrigerators to swap out before they got one that would cool down to 40. A problem with the safe they fixed. The water took about 30 minutes to warm up (it was Dec). The plumber said it was because the room was too far from the boiler----just let it run and waste all that water until it got warm enough to shower!! Sure didn't expect all that at CC, and this was pretty soon after they opened, but they were converted hotel rooms. Still, I would go back to CC, but never again to OKW.

I am planning my first Poly visit with rented DVC points in March. I am now super nervous if this is not the resort for me. Has anyone been there recently?

I am planning my first Poly visit with rented DVC points in March. I am now super nervous if this is not the resort for me. Has anyone been there recently?
We were just there. We actually had a split stay between multiple resorts with a Poly villa studio at each end of the trip, so we had 2 different rooms, one in Tokelau and one in Pago Pago. Both rooms were clean.

The room in Tokelau was better than Pago Pago imo. Better location, and Pago Pago has an elevator that makes a strange, annoying noise during use (feel sorry for the guests in the room right next to it). The room at Pago Pago also didn't feel as fresh as the one in Tokelau.

We stayed at Tokelau in 2015 and had a great room then, too. I recommend requesting the Tokelau building for your stay.

We loved the resort. Even at Pago Pago we were happy. Reading threads like this makes Disney resorts sound disgusting, but we've had 10 WDW trips, often multiple resorts per trip, and haven't found these conditions to be the norm. We've always had clean rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!