Direct flights cross country severe food allergy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've previously stated, it is the only protein he CAN eat. It has absolutely nothing to do with his likes or dislikes. There are very few foods he can eat at all...CAN eat...not LIKES to eat. This is not just a picky child we are talking about. He takes shots, enzymes, and over a dozen pills a day so don't even try to suggest that someone with an allergy has more rights than he does or has a more serious condition.

No need to get all huffy just asked a simple question about your sons disability that you had no problem bringing up so I was just trying to understand the seriousness of his situation! I was not suggesting that someone with a life threatening disability was more important then someone else with one and I have clearly stated that several times but I do believe that life threatening disabilities absolutely take priority over someone who just won't eat anything else or other medical conditions that while may be serious wont result in a loss of life!

Kellykins1218 said:
As I've previously stated, it is the only protein he CAN eat. It has absolutely nothing to do with his likes or dislikes. There are very few foods he can eat at all...CAN eat...not LIKES to eat. This is not just a picky child we are talking about. He takes shots, enzymes, and over a dozen pills a day so don't even try to suggest that someone with an allergy has more rights than he does or has a more serious condition.

Not huffy at all

I am amazed that people assume that only an allergies are life threatening

I am amazed at the amount of people who are willing to knowingly put their own needs in front of those who can be seriously harmed by their actions. I also don't think anyone on this thread thinks that only allergies are life threatening but since this discussion is about flying with a life threatening allergy I can see why it is being so heavily discussed I am confused to why you can't see that. Having to consume PB or peanut products in order not to become ill is one thing but insisting that your child has to have PB products or they will have a problem coping is whole other story and it is very disconcerning that some posters(not you) would be OK allowing their child to eat something that could cause a serious threat to someone else.

I am amazed at the amount of people who are willing to knowingly put their own needs in front of those who can be seriously harmed by their actions. I also don't think anyone on this thread thinks that only allergies are life threatening but since this discussion is about flying with a life threatening allergy I can see why it is being so heavily discussed I am confused to why you can't see that. Having to consume PB or peanut products in order not to become ill is one thing but insisting that your child has to have PB products or they will have a problem coping is whole other story and it is very disconcerning that some posters(not you) would be OK allowing their child to eat something that could cause a serious threat to someone else.

I'm amazed that parents of children with such deadly allergies would put them on a plane that isn't peanut free and expose them to that danger.

I'm amazed that parents of children with such deadly allergies would put them on a plane that isn't peanut free and expose them to that danger.

I guess the same could be said for the parents of tons of other children with severe disabilities or serious medical conditions. See but that is where you and I differ because I will make sure that myself and my children do what we can to help accommodate those who have special needs or medical conditions because we are just those kind of people you know helpful and kind and believe that sometimes what is good for the individual is good for the group. So we are obviously are never going to see eye to eye on this or even agree to disagree so this is the last I will say on this topic.

I guess the same could be said for the parents of tons of other children with severe disabilities or serious medical conditions. See but that is where you and I differ because I will make sure that myself and my children do what we can to help accommodate those who have special needs or medical conditions because we are just those kind of people you know helpful and kind and believe that sometimes what is good for the individual is good for the group. So we are obviously are never going to see eye to eye on this or even agree to disagree so this is the last I will say on this topic.

ok sounds good

Besides people choosing to eat peanuts there are also plenty of people who don't speak English, have headphones on, sleep, etc. I'm allergic but always assume its not a safe environment. If someone does start eating it near enough that I realize I walk away for awhile. I feel bad for my family b/c I can't pack PB for them and when we have tight connections sometimes they end up with no real food :(. I wouldn't expect a stranger to do that for me. I buy the little sealed packages of jif to go for them to eat when they aren't at home or with me so I don't have to worry about PB at home. We have an entire county rec center here that is supposed to be peanut free b/c of 1 employee. When they have swim meets there pretty much nothing can be done because kids don't have access to other food and there all day.

I am going to close this thread at this point because it is ending up the same way that every other thread about peanut allergies and flying have ended up - without agreement and with hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter