Dinosaur Birthday Cake

Mel522

DIS Veteran
Here's the dinosaur birthday cake I made for my niece's 5th.

The fondant work isn't perfect, but I'm still learning. This is the first sculpted cake I've made. His head and neck are styrofoam, so I did cheat a little. ;)

wow this cake is amazing! My son is a HUGE dino lover, this would be perfect for him. What did you use for the body?

Just love it!! And wow, what a great job for being your first time at making a sculpted cake! :thumbsup2

wow this cake is amazing! My son is a HUGE dino lover, this would be perfect for him. What did you use for the body?

Most of the body is cake. I used a 2 inch piece of styrofoam as the bottom (it was covered with aluminum foil so the cake didn't touch styrofoam) and put the cake on that. I was going to do the whole body with cake, but once my sister-in-law decided to do cupcakes to, I figured it would be too much cake. The tail and feet are all fondant. The head and neck are both styrofoam covered with fondant. I used dowels to hold the neck in place.

Just love it!! And wow, what a great job for being your first time at making a sculpted cake! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter