• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner shows?

christi

Mouseketeer
I am planning our very first trip to WDW and I am so excited!! I would like to take the family ( dh, ds(12), dd((9) and dd (5)) to a dinner show and would like to know what would be the best one?
Many thanks for your help.

hands down, look no further...the hoop dee doo revue!

added bonus: best dessert in all of wdw.

Do you think a 5 yr old (only child) would enjoy HDDR?

Definitely! Children and adults of all ages love this show, it's so much fun. :)

my 5 yr old daughter just loved the hoop dee doo! would do it again in a flash!

...was practically ROFLOL! The humor was right up her alley. I would say it's great for the entire family. We were there with the grandparents. We all really enjoyed it and we've made reservations to see it again next time with an additional grandma along for the trip.

The Luau is OK, but for the sheer fun of it HOOP-DEE-DOO it is! Based on your kids ages opt for HOOP-DEE-DOO. And to Plutos Pup we just got back a week ago and saw a cute 5 year old who had the time of her life at HOOP-DEE-DOO! Go for it.

One show - first time - do Hoop-de-do.
My DD age 6 and DS age 10 enjoyed it.

I was able to special order a slice of pizza for my DD.
My DS ate chicken & ribs, and cjicken & ribs, and....
He won a glass boot from our hostess for his
stack of 'bones'.

The show is very funny - lots of slap stick type skits.
They get teh audience involved if it's an
anniversary or birthday.
They start the crowd by asking what state people are
from. Laugher and applause starts the show.
Bring your camera.
I have the best smile from my DS.
My non-WDW DH even enjoyed the show.

Our second time to WDW will be this May.
Since we were able to get into the CR, we
decided to try the Sprit of Aloha.
My DD love Lilo & Stitch.
My DS love chicken & ribs. I am going to
preorder my DD Mac & Cheese for the show.
I'll report on the Poly show in June 2003
on the restaurant board (I guess that's where it goes).

So - first time- one show - do HDD.
Done it already year before - try Poly show.

enjoy :sunny:

Da da da DOOOOO it!!!

HDDR gets my vote too!!

Another vote for Hoop De Doo...my boys (ages 3 and 7 when we went) LOVED it...my older ds talked about the show and the characters for days afterwards! He LOVED the humor! It was my birthday that day, and they announce birthdays and anniversaries, so of course my ds had a great time pointing me out to the actors...LOL My little ds loved scraping the spoon on the washboard! That was GREAT fun for him!

The food was good, not the best but good. But the show itself was well worth it!

My dh and I did the luau BK (before kids) and it was alright, but nothing spectacular. Not nearly as entertaining as the Hoop de doo!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter