Dinner show

Leahmeicher

Mouseketeer
We have T. rex booked for our day off thinking about switching it to a dinner show even though it takes two dinning credits ... what dinner show ?? Or should I keep T. rex we r allready eating at rain forest I figured that is similar ??

Of the dinner shows, we prefer HDDR. The atmosphere and show are fun and the food is pretty good. IMHO, TRex is similar to Rainforest - it's basically Rainforest with dinosaurs and it's really, really loud!

How old is everyone in your party? Most shows are age appropriate for all but signature service varies. Of the shows, we really liked the HDDR.

We prefer HDDR to SOA.
Keep in mind the food at HDDR is fried chicken, ribs, vegetable side dishes, and strawberry shortcake, all of it was good, but you are definitely paying extra for the entertainment.

Have you ever been to T-Rex or Rain Forest? If not, check out some photos of them online and their menus too.
I don't know if I'd use DP credits on T-Rex or Rain Forest if it were me, I'd probably pay out of pocket (instead of DP) to check out the restaurant, order something small or some alcoholic beverages, check out their gift shop, etc.

Here's another vote for HDDR. We've enjoyed it numerous times. The show is age appropriate for little ones as well as older. The food is simple bbq type. And the top\gratuity is included in price. Entire meal and show is approximately two hours.

I guess Im in the minority! I prefer Spirit of Aloha!

Food is really good. I cant get anything like it where I live. The show is good for all ages and educational teaching about the Polynesian islands. The hula and fire dancing after the skit is amazing. The outdoor tropical atmosphere cant be beat. (All you can eat & drink, including beer, house wine - red/white/rose and sangria plus all gratuities are included)

HDDR, to me, is a little corny. The food is KFC quality. I do like some of the music/dancing of the show and the venue is good to see once. I actually preferred Mickeys BBQ over HDDR too. Sad they took that away. Maybe Im just an outdoor girl!

I g to SoA every trip.

Also to note: Ive never been to TRex, so cant compare it to a dinner show.

Another vote for HSMR. It's a fun time for all ages. And the food is good too.

Definitely do Hoop Dee Doo! While we've never been to T-Rex, we've been taking our daughter to Hoop since she was 4 or 5 and its her favorite place on property (though Whispering Canyon is a close second). Yes it is absolutely corny, but it is rare to be able to see a show that can appeal to everyone and Hoop Dee Doo unquestionable does. The food is plentiful and delicious and for the adults it comes with unlimited beer or sangria :drinking1

Hoop Dee Doo for sure! We went for the first time when my daughter was 6 and within minutes of it starting she declared this had to be a new tradition! We haven’t missed it during a trip since!!

Definitely do Hoop Dee Doo! While we've never been to T-Rex, we've been taking our daughter to Hoop since she was 4 or 5 and its her favorite place on property (though Whispering Canyon is a close second). Yes it is absolutely corny, but it is rare to be able to see a show that can appeal to everyone and Hoop Dee Doo unquestionable does. The food is plentiful and delicious and for the adults it comes with unlimited beer or sangria :drinking1
Ok thanks only time available if 4 which I am fine with that but we have reservations at the bon voyage Ariel and rapunzel 9 the same morning I’m wondering if I should just cancle that breakfast this is a off day we r doing character / princess meals two other days

Although it's not called a "dinner show", I like watching the Raglan Road Irish step dancers while dining there.

Add my vote for SOA. It's a little cheesy in that "Frankie and Annette" kind of classic beach movie sort of way. They were great with my food allergies, and we enjoyed the mix of dance performances.

Ok thanks only time available if 4 which I am fine with that but we have reservations at the bon voyage Ariel and rapunzel 9 the same morning I’m wondering if I should just cancle that breakfast this is a off day we r doing character / princess meals two other days
Nope. Nine, you should be done by ten-ish, then six hours until your next meal. Perfect interval.

I guess Im in the minority! I prefer Spirit of Aloha!

Food is really good. I cant get anything like it where I live. The show is good for all ages and educational teaching about the Polynesian islands. The hula and fire dancing after the skit is amazing. The outdoor tropical atmosphere cant be beat. (All you can eat & drink, including beer, house wine - red/white/rose and sangria plus all gratuities are included)

HDDR, to me, is a little corny. The food is KFC quality. I do like some of the music/dancing of the show and the venue is good to see once. I actually preferred Mickeys BBQ over HDDR too. Sad they took that away. Maybe Im just an outdoor girl!

I g to SoA every trip.

Also to note: Ive never been to TRex, so cant compare it to a dinner show.

We prefer SOA as well.

Its definitely a lot of food that you get but I'd think breakfast at 9 and then not eating anything else that day you'd be ok with the 4 show. Figure its closer to 4:30 before you are really in and 5 before the mains start coming out. Cancelling is of course an option too just to make sure you really get $$ worth and just having something lighter that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter