Dinner reservation timing

MBurns

Firedog
We are arriving at MCO at 3:55pm on Feb. 13 and taking the Magical Express staying at CBR, we have a 6pm ADR at Sebastians. I have not taken ME before and not sure on how long it takes. Thank you for your help. Ya down to 22 days and back in the magic!:cool1::figment:

You'll be cutting it close. Personally I wouldn't keep that reservation, if you have any delays you might not make it...and risk getting charged the $10/person no-show fee.

Definitely cutting it close. If you do want to keep the reservation I'd recommend just getting an Uber which will save a decent amount of time. The time on the bus is likely to be about an hour, maybe an hour and 15. You're likely going to have to wait a little for the bus, a good estimate there is 30 minutes, but could be even longer. And then if you're wheels down at 3:55 the reality is you're not off the plan and to the MDE area for 30 minutes.

Not sure how big your party is, but I did quick search for a party of 4 and had no problems finding availability. IMO, I would wait until CBR was the next stop on your ME bus and jump on MDE and see what is available within the next hour. If you don't want to take that chance, I would change your ADR for something between 7-7:30 at the very least. 2 hours can be cutting it close if everything is on time, but any delay in landing or traffic and you may not make it in time. 3 hours gives you slightly more cushion.

As others have said, that's cutting it close. There are too many variables (what time you actually land/ get off of the plane, if you stop for a restroom, has the bus for CBR just pulled up or will you be waiting for it to arrive, will the bus stop at other resorts before you go to CBR, how long will it take the driver to stow everyone's carry-on items under the bus and so on). When we arrived at MCO we waited about 15 minutes before boarding a bus for BC. Then they started loading other resorts (several) onto that same bus. Our bus stopped at 4-5 other places before stopping at BC. It was over 2.5 hours before we were at BC.

3 hours is a safer buffer, or more.

Not sure how big your party is, but I did quick search for a party of 4 and had no problems finding availability. IMO, I would wait until CBR was the next stop on your ME bus and jump on MDE and see what is available within the next hour. If you don't want to take that chance, I would change your ADR for something between 7-7:30 at the very least. 2 hours can be cutting it close if everything is on time, but any delay in landing or traffic and you may not make it in time. 3 hours gives you slightly more cushion.

I agree with this. We've also made ADR's upon landing in MCO when we have a better idea of when we are going to arrive at the resort. Personally, I would cancel the reservation and then see what's available once you are actually in Orlando. The chances of getting a day-of reservation there are pretty good.

Too close. Average DME time is 90 minutes. Landing time of 3:55 does not mean you will even be off the plane for another good 20-30 minutes. You need to taxi to the gate. Wait for the door to be opened. Wait for folks in front of you to gather their Carryons etc.

Too close. Average DME time is 90 minutes. Landing time of 3:55 does not mean you will even be off the plane for another good 20-30 minutes. You need to taxi to the gate. Wait for the door to be opened. Wait for folks in front of you to gather their Carryons etc.
.Plus what if your flight is delayed. Our best time using DME to our resort was about 70 minutes ( with it being the 1 st stop)but we have had 2+ hours when we had a long line , waited for the 3rd bus and were the 2nd resort stop.

Also; if you have checked baggage it will be at least 30+ minutes to walk to baggage area get your bags and then start heading towards the DME area. I would try to move the ADR to 7 and if things work out great and you arrive early, I doubt you will have any problems getting a seat early at Sebastians.

I agree with everyone else that it's cutting it too close. I would cancel and try to make an ADR once you land as others have suggested or try for another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter