Dinner in Cabanas

Will you try Cabanas for Dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now we need someone to get a a picture of the menu and post it!

There is a menu on Scott's site although I didn't notice how current it was. Entrees looked the same as the last time we dined there on the Fantasy about a year and a half ago.

PembrokeED, as an experienced cruiser you may already know this but Cabanas is not open for dinner on the first and last nights of any given cruise.

Does cabanas have seating times like MDR or just open seating? So like if you got back late from an excursion, it would be an option?

Hello Fellow Cruiser, If you choose to have dinner in Cabanas can you sit anywhere you want including outside ? What menu is offered ? Thank You for Time

We have had dinner at Cabanas a couple of times and the view was very nice...ended up with a window seat though, but they generally seat you in a specific area with easy access for waitstaff. The food is good and the attention from serving teams is very nice. They had a couple of different items on the menu that I have not seen in the MDR that my husband and kids liked. The atmosphere was a little less chaotic as well. No shows, no entertainment, rather quiet which was nice. There are still families there, don't get me wrong, but it was quiet.

Hello Fellow Cruiser, If you choose to have dinner in Cabanas can you sit anywhere you want including outside ? What menu is offered ? Thank You for Time
In the past it is only select part of Cabanas. The menu is one from one of the other dining rooms. This is where the dining staff train to be wait staff in the dining rooms. No outside seating.

on our second or third cruise we dined in cabanas a couple times b/c we didnt enjoy our tablemates. . . we LOVED Cabanas for dinner! Sometimes we don't enjoy the MDR experience - jokes, riddles, noise, bustle - so we go to cabanas. We get the same food, more space, less noise, and in general, just a more relaxing environment.

We've dined at cabanas for dinner a long time ago. I like the idea of a shorter experience. 1 question... on "formal" nights is cabanas more casual?
Sorry, we are one of those families that don't really like to get dressed up, and yes I know there is no formal dress code in the MDR.

I'm looking forward to trying Cabanas at dinner. We are taking a 7 day cruise so I want to switch it up a bit. I need to decide which MDR to skip.

Can you see the menu for dinner ahead of time? Also, we have never found the specialty food served on Pirate Night. Where is that?

Cabanas menu from February 2018. Our pic.
Looks very similar to the Cabanas dinner menu for a Western Caribbean on the Fantasy in March of 2017. DW was not up to doing dinner after very hot excursion day, so I did a Cabanas dinner on my own. It was a nice meal with attentive service. I remember that I had the tuna sashimi and the black truffle pasta pursettes, followed by grilled strip steak with the veggies and fingerling potatoes. Skipped dessert there and picked up a paper cup at the drink station outside to fill with soft-serve ice scream (vanilla and chocolate twist).

Oh, Indian dishes...may be time for another visit to Cabanas dinner for us. I agree it is faster which appeals to me, too.

BCV, we cruised with a vegetarian friend on the Dream. The first night, the head waiter offered to bring vegetarian Indian entree to her every night if she wanted. She accepted, and said it was delicious and and every night she said to please again for the next night. That was her entree every day which she paired with Appetizers and Salad/Soup from the main menu. We were told the food was from the crew kitchen.

BCV, we cruised with a vegetarian friend on the Dream. The first night, the head waiter offered to bring vegetarian Indian entree to her every night if she wanted. She accepted, and said it was delicious and and every night she said to please again for the next night. That was her entree every day which she paired with Appetizers and Salad/Soup from the main menu. We were told the food was from the crew kitchen.

Thanks, remlap. That was very accommodating of the head waiter.

Can you see the menu for dinner ahead of time? Also, we have never found the specialty food served on Pirate Night. Where is that?

I've made trips to Cabanas after lunch in the MDR to ask to see the menu. As for the specialty meal on Pirate night, the MDRs have a pirate/Caribbean themed menu but I suspect you mean the late night buffet at Cabanas. I've never been but know the hours are listed in the Navigator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!