Dinner in Cabanas

Will you try Cabanas for Dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PembrokeED

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Cruiser, If you choose to have dinner in Cabanas can you sit anywhere you want including outside ? What menu is offered ? Thank You for Time

Menu is generally a selection of what is being served in the MDRs that night. They do show you to a table, and keep the tables in one section of Cabanas so that the servers don't have to run all over the place.

Menu is generally a selection of what is being served in the MDRs that night. They do show you to a table, and keep the tables in one section of Cabanas so that the servers don't have to run all over the place.
Thank You for sharing your experience.

We did dinner in cabanas once and were very underwhelmed.
Hi DCLPrincess, Could you elaborate a little more ? Food Choices , Service etc. We were hoping to enjoy a sunset during dinner.Thank You for sharing your experience.

Usually the servers are in training. So the service was a little slow and he messed up our order. Which didn't really bother me, I was very patient with him. My issue was the food. It wasn't anything spectacular, standard food you would get at any restaurant. The food was hot and it tasted good but I was just expecting more choices. After going once I wouldn't go back when the MDRs are so great.

Last edited:
Usually the servers are in training. So the service was a little slow and he messed up our order. Which didn't really bother me, I was very patient with him. My issue was the food. It wasn't anything spectacular, standard good food you would get at any restaurant. The food was hot and it tasted good but I was just expecting more choices. After going once I wouldn't go back when the MDRs are so great.
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience.

I wonder if you could schedule Palo instead and ask for a window table?
I wonder if you could schedule Palo instead and ask for a window table?
Hi lilsonicfan , Thank you for taking the time to offer a suggestion to enjoy a sunset. We have made a Palo reservation . We have never been to dinner at Cabanas and was considering a more informal dinner with a view.

We did dinner in cabanas once and were very underwhelmed.

Agreed. I didn't even stay the one night I was considering it - not because of the service as I didn't even get that far. It was like they took my least favorite dishes from all the menus and combined them. I didn't see anything about the carving station or salad bar or anything off-menu others talk about. Blech.

I will say I did know ahead of time that they are largely servers in training (though some are reserves for the MDR if someone has to be absent one night), so not being on the same level as the MDR servers yet would not have bothered me.

We love Cabanas - the servers we have had have always been amazing - much better than those in the MDRs because they are really trying to prove themselves. You get a great dinner and it is really nice to have a window view of the ocean when dining. Highly recommend!!

We've enjoyed dinner in Cabanas on the Fantasy a few times. In our experience, the menu is NOT a combination of various things offered at the MDR that night. Also no salad bar or carving station as people often state on the DIS. Years ago, on the Magic I did see a Cabanas menu that appeared to offer a few things from the MDR menu.

At any rate, we enjoyed our dinners. I rarely order steak but the marinated rib eye that was on the menu each evening was delicious. The servers tried very hard to please and did just fine. It is much more quiet than the MDRs which is so pleasant. In fact, that is what drove us there. One cruise each night was like bedlam in the MDR. Cabanas was a delight.

No outside seating when we have dined there but we did have a lovely view of the sea.

I love eating in Cabanas for dinner! For us, dinner has been mush faster than in the MDR (I hate how long dinner service takes in the MDRs), and you get a beautiful ocean view. On our Dream Cruise in April, the menu had a few things off of the MDR menus and a few vegetarian Indian dishes.

I didn’t see anyone dining outside, but we had a table right by the windows. There were hardly any other tables with people near us, so Cabanas felt much more private than the MDR where the tables are so close together.

Oh, Indian dishes...may be time for another visit to Cabanas dinner for us. I agree it is faster which appeals to me, too.

We have never tried Cabanas for dinner but would like to experience it for all of the reasons stated above . We will be on a seven day Eastern and will have to the opportunity to try it at least once. We would like to thank everyone for their time and comments.

We've had dinner in Cabanas on the Dream, Magic, and Wonder in the last year and it was the same on each ship. They don't have a salad bar or carving station as reported previously, maybe they used to but I haven't seen it in several years. We found the service to be good, since they are training they try very hard. As others have said it is much quieter than the MDR and you can get in and out much faster.

For us the only downside is the menu. It is the same each night. So if you plan to eat in Cabanas for dinner one or two nights it's fine, but not for more than that unless you are ok with the same menu. I spoke to a manager in Cabanas on the Wonder in May and he said that even on the 14 night Panama cruise the menu was the same each night and it was something he hoped could be changed.

It's a great option if you like the menu.

We did Cabanas on our quick 3 night Dream cruise in May.
We thought the service was great, they were so attentive.
There were just a few people in there it was close to 8pm.
It was a table of the performers and few cast members in uniform.
I don't really remember the menu, we just wanted something small because we had Palo that morning for brunch.
We will definitely do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter