Dinner Ideas for Family Vacation?

mskay

Mouseketeer
Several members (8) of our family are going to the beach this summer. Instead of going out to eat every night, we would like to cook some evenings. Does anyone have any good suggestions that would be easy to cook in a condo and not my own kitchen? If I get some ideas ahead of time, I can shop for some ingredients, etc. here at home. Thanks for any and all ideas! If there is a grill, we definitely plan on using that also.

MsKay

I would take a crock pot with you. It's easy to make good meals composed of mainly canned ingredients (instead of a teaspoon of this and teaspoon of that), and they usually feed a crowd. I like to make BBQ beef or chicken. For beef, I get a 3-4 lb roast and put it in the crock pot with 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water and 1 bouillon cube). I cook it until it's tender (about 8-10 hours on low), then take it out and shred it. Then I put the shredded meat back in with most of a bottle of BBQ sauce and cook about 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.

For chicken, I skin the pieces and put them in with BBQ sauce when they're raw. Usually use frozen pieces. Then I cook it until the chicken is falling off the bone and shred the pieces and remove the bones. I put it all back in and stir it and then keep warm until ready to serve.

One other really good dish that's easy to make for a crowd is chili. I use this recipe, and it's easy to double.

1 lb ground beef
Chopped onion (I use frozen chopped onion)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
2 cups water
2 cans tomatoes, cut up (I usually use Mexican seasoned ones, Rotel is good too)
1 can corn, drained
1 can pinto beans, not drained

Brown ground beef with onion and drain. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then simmer about 40 minutes.

(When I double the recipe, I usually use 2 different kind of beans for color.)

THese are all great ideas that I know our family will like!

Thanks a bunch,

MsKay:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi, did you check out the past salad that I put on the board under pasta salad for the summer. This salad stays for a week and you can add ingred. that suit most anyone. Have a goodtime.

and brought it to her camp for the long weekend ......she said it was delicious.......and easy to cook in her oven when ready

Just returned from a week stay in Gulf Shores, AL with 10 family members. We cook most nights because it is so hard to get the kids together and also very expensive to eat out.

Our menu was as follows:

Night 1:
Boiled shrimp ( we purchased them on the way to condo right off boat)
Grilled chicken we cooked the night before at home
Green salad
french bread
brownies

Night 2:
A large eye of round roast I purchased before we left and cooked in a turkey foil throw away pan (I was too lazy to wash) cooked with potatoes, onions and carrots while we were at beach.
fresh string beans, squash, and sliced tomatoes from the farmers market purchased on way down
mashed potatoes
salad
cornbread muffins (from a mix) and french bread
slice and bake chocolate chip cookies

Night 3:
Taco night
chocolate chip cookies

Night 4:
We ate out

Night 6:
Spaghetti
salad
bread
we purchased an angel food cake and used fresh strawberries and fat free cool whip

Night 7:
We ate out

Every day for breakfast was cereal, waffles, muffins, fruit, toast...easy things.

Lunch was sandwiches

I made brownies, muffins, pimento and cheese ahead of time.

We sound like we go to alot of trouble at night but it is really simple because we divide up the chores and everyone helps out.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter