• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner at Palos on Western

Meeko1

Earning My Ears
I would like to know what night to book dinner at Palos. I am not sure which is the best night to miss our regular dining room. Also, what time would be the best, maybe we could catch the sunset? Thanks again for your help.

In my opinion, Palo is always better than your regular dining room, so there's no bad night to book it. I used to spend a lot of time worrying about this, but on one cruise, my birthday fell on the Tuesday night, so we went that night (missing Tropical night on the eastern, which is also fun). After that, we just pick a night and go, not worrying about what else is going on on board. There will always be something that you won't be able to do.

If you'd like to see the sunset, I'd suggest booking one of the nights that the ship will be travelling east, so the sunset is behind the ship. On the western, that would be Thursday or Friday night (although on Friday the ship is heading more northwest, but you could probably see the sunset if you're on the port side of the room). The ship will be heading towards the sunset until it reaches Cozumel, and since the restaurant is aft, you wouldn't be able to see it.

You can find what time the sun will set in a given area based on the time of year you'll be there at:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

Good luck, and enjoy!

Last year we did it on Sunday - Key West night. We had a 6 pm reservation and the sun had just set. A lot of it depends on your rotation, we had APL and I knew I didn't want to miss Animator's the first night (due to the show) and wanted formal in Luminere's with our kiddos so we chose the P night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter