Dining with toddler

Princess89

<font color=darkorchid>Ignores her DH to give all
I am vactioning on the free dining plan with DH, DS10, and DD2. Since DD doesn't get on the dining plan how did this work for some of you. I plan on using my CS in the morning for breakfast for her since i really don't eat breakfast and it will be an adult one so I can pick with her. As far as TS is concerned that was not a buffet, did you pay out of pocket or did you share with your toddler?

At TS (not buffet), you can choose to pay OOP or to share--totally your choice. It might depend on what you order--you might want to pay OOP to get a more "kid friendly" choice. However, you will have plenty of food on the plan to share.

You also might choose to buy a separate beverage for your child (many kid meals have beverage included...but if you don't buy a kid meal...). You also might want to consider bringing some boxed drinks of her favorite variety or using some of your snack credits to get juices from the resort marketplace.

I can promise you that we had WAY more food than we needed or wanted, and there was plenty to share.

Some other sharing tricks--if you get a CS cheeseburger meal, you can order the double hamburger/cheeseburger and purchase an extra bun for 90 cents. Since these are 1/4 pound burgers (1/2 pound in a double), you have plenty to share.

Breakfast is not a terribly good financial use of CS credits. If you will need to buy anything OOP, I'd buy the breakfast. However, you can use a snack credit and get a whole box of donuts. I really don't think you'll need to buy anything other than a few drinks or maybe a hamburger bun OOP even with sharing!

I agree, use your TS for lunch or dinner and pay OOP for breakfast if you need to. I now my DD6 has never been much of breakfast eater so she usually has a bagel, piece of toast, or I get her one of those small boxes of cereal and she eats it on the way to the parks or in her stroller. I bring along a few for snacks during the day. Also, for her, by having a small brakfast she's usually ready to eat lunch when we are.

I also agree you'll have plenty to eat. If you order 2-3 meals TS or CS that should be enough for all of you. :goodvibes

If I was using the DDP now and she was only 2-3 I wouldn't get her here own meal. I can't tell you how many times I get her her own meal and she ends up eating off my or my mom's plate and her meal gets thrown out. This is true even now that she's 6.

Have a great time!

Another question to add to this DD is a huge breakfast eater, I can sometimes push her to a bigger brunch early lunch with maybe a bagel in the morning. Would you still suggest not doing the breakfast for CS with her being a big breakfast eater? And since both of you said not to use it for breakfast what is the reasoning behind that, just a curious question. Last year of course we paid for all of our meals and we did get her a separate meal at dinner for the most part and breakfast. Lunch she snacked off my plate because dinner and breakfast are her main eating times, and I mainly eat early dinners around 4:30-5 and I'm good to go. I know there will be plenty to eat since the portions are more than adequate.

Just back w/DD15 mths & DD 4. We used CS at MGM for breakfast & Earl of Sand. the last 2 days just because we had them left--an ok deal but not great. She shared off the buffet w/us for our Character Meal & I brought cereal bars. Also did BW bakery SC for her & got a large muffin.

She is a pretty good eater & there was plenty for her to share. Did LeCellar at 4:30 for dinner one night & her MEAL off the child's menu was COMPLIMENTARY!

I ordered her milk/juice at one sit down breakfast (spoodles, last day just because we had a TS left) & at CM breakfast & at dinner & was NEVER charged. I gave her water or juice boxes at most CS because it was HOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter