Dining with kids

mpadilla89

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at DLH from Dec.27-Dec.31. I plan my days out because i like to maximize our time but we also just go with the flow of the day and understand that our plan might be thrown out due to the insane crowds. Here is what i will try and schedule for dining.

Dec 28 DL Minnie and friends 9:30 ish (not moving dates)
Dec 29 DCA Goofys Kitchen ? 6pm?(originally wanted this for the 29)
Dec 30 Storytellers Brunch ? 11:30 am?(wanted for Fri but they only do weekends)
Dec 31 we leave at around 3 pm (PCH breakfast,Goofys , storytellers)

I think this trip will revolve around foodpopcorn::. But not fancy food cus DD is picky so no BB or NR. :sad1:
How is Afternoon Tea: A Very Merry Holiday Party
Storytellers Lunch/dinner- buffet ?
Surf side lounge
Hearthstone Lounge
Tomorrow land lounge

Any holiday themed lunch or dinners?
Any dining experiences downtown or at the hotels?
Watch parades/fireworks/etc while dining( we don't usually watch them but don't mind eating and having the girls enjoy)

Besides the regular corn dog/ cheeseburger places where do your kids love to eat and have fun?

Tomorrow land lounge
This offering is not like the other lounges in DLR. As far as I can tell, this is a boxed dessert event.

Any holiday themed lunch or dinners? Any dining experiences downtown or at the hotels?
They haven't posted much information about the holiday food offerings yet, but there are almost always some special items. Keep an eye on the Parks Blog for information (probably won't come out until November, after HalloweenTime ends).

Watch parades/fireworks/etc while dining( we don't usually watch them but don't mind eating and having the girls enjoy)
There are a few restaurants that have seating areas that have some view, but you cannot request this in advance, they won't guarantee you a table with a view, and it's almost always an obstructed view.
  • Carnation Cafe (TS) - outdoor seating area (there is also an indoor seating area with no view) has a limited view of the DL parade.
  • Plaza Inn (CS) - a few tables might have a limited view of the DL parade.
  • Cafe Orleans (TS) & French Market (CS) - you can probably hear F! and you might be able to see a tiny amount of the higher elements, but you won't see much through all of the other guests and other obstructions.
  • Cove Bar (TS) - some tables have a view of WoC
Only the River Belle Terrace has a designated seating that includes viewing of Fantasmic! while you dine. You have to reserve this seating specifically and there is an upcharge.

They haven't posted much information about the holiday food offerings yet, but there are almost always some special items. Keep an eye on the Parks Blog for information (probably won't come out until November, after HalloweenTime ends).

Thanks i will keep an eye out for that info.

Only the River Belle Terrace has a designated seating that includes viewing of Fantasmic! while you dine. You have to reserve this seating specifically and there is an upcharge.
We had opted out of Fantasmic and WoC because i thought you only got a FP for a better viewing but you are still standing. i have been reading on other post about this and it is so much info that it gets a bit confusing. If we can actually eat at RBT while we watch that might be a plus and might think about seeing it. Do you know the pricing on that.

Currently the RBT is closed for refurbishment, but prior to the closure the price was $45 per adult and $25 per child (ages 3 to 9) (tax and gratuity not included), plus another $15 per person for the premium viewing option. You have to call to reserve this (it is not available for booking online). As it is only available for one seating per night, it does book up quickly.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Correct, the other dining packages get you a FP for the reserved viewing areas. From what I've read, the Blue Bayou dining package for F! includes ground seating (hence the parade cushions to sit on). I did the Cafe Orleans F! dining package and everyone was sitting on the ground for the second show, however, given when you're going, I don't know if that will be the case. For WoC, the dessert party includes seats at tables, but the dining package viewing areas are all standing.

How is Afternoon Tea: A Very Merry Holiday Party
It's a very nice afternoon tea with Christmas themed treats. It does book up quickly. If you are considering it, I suggest booking it right now as you can always cancel later if you change your mind. Some people dress up for it, others just wear casual park clothes. There were some kids running around when I did it last year, but it is mostly a quieter experience.
Storytellers Lunch/dinner- buffet ?
I had dinner buffet and it wasn't something I'd run back to. Food was okay, service was lacking. It can be a bit of a loud environment. However, if I had young children, I'd probably go here again because while it is kid friendly, it also had some decent options for adults. I feel like Goofy's kitchen only had kid food.
Hearthstone Lounge
I love this place. Great place for drinks and small plates. It can be very busy, though. We were there 2 weekends ago and all the seats were taken. We had to buy our drinks at the bar and carry them away to find a place to sit. It may not be the most child friendly place as it could be quite boring for kids.
Tomorrow land lounge
I did this with a large group once. I thought it was overpriced and the dessert box was sickingly sweet. Most of my group didn't eat the majority of their dessert box, but we also brought in our own cheese and crackers. It could be a nice kick back experience for the kids, though. Mickey and Minnie came by and they spent a good amount of time with everyone. There are some games to play, but mostly it's about just sitting around. It gets very windy and cool up there, so keep that in mind. They do offer blankets, but cold wind is cold wind.

Currently the RBT is closed for refurbishment, but prior to the closure the price was $45 per adult and $25 per child (ages 3 to 9) (tax and gratuity not included), plus another $15 per person for the premium viewing option. You have to call to reserve this (it is not available for booking online). As it is only available for one seating per night, it does book up quickly.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Correct, the other dining packages get you a FP for the reserved viewing areas. From what I've read, the Blue Bayou dining package for F! includes ground seating (hence the parade cushions to sit on). I did the Cafe Orleans F! dining package and everyone was sitting on the ground for the second show, however, given when you're going, I don't know if that will be the case. For WoC, the dessert party includes seats at tables, but the dining package viewing areas are all standing.

So if i am understanding correctly the Fantasmic at RBT includes food and table seating while watching the show. And the Dessert party for WoC also includes seating at table while watching? If so then those might be great options for us.

It's a very nice afternoon tea with Christmas themed treats. It does book up quickly. If you are considering it, I suggest booking it right now as you can always cancel later if you change your mind.

Does the 60 day for reservation apply to this? Can i book now? DD would love this especially if its a quiet tea setting.

I did this with a large group once. I thought it was overpriced and the dessert box was sickingly sweet. Most of my group didn't eat the majority of their dessert box, but we also brought in our own cheese and crackers. It could be a nice kick back experience for the kids, though. Mickey and Minnie came by and they spent a good amount of time with everyone. There are some games to play, but mostly it's about just sitting around. It gets very windy and cool up there, so keep that in mind. They do offer blankets, but cold wind is cold wind.

thanks for the info. it did sound a bit overpriced to me for what you get, but wasn't sure on what others experienced. We will already be doing Minnie and friends so we will see Minnie there i guess.

Does the 60 day for reservation apply to this? Can i book now? DD would love this especially if its a quiet tea setting.
60 day reservation applies. Mark your calendar now to remind yourself to book the first day that you can. They fill up very quickly when they have a holiday theme.

It gets very windy and cool up there, so keep that in mind. They do offer blankets, but cold wind is cold wind.
I'm curious to see what will happen when it's raining. From what I've read, it's mostly an outdoor activity. Can you imagine being up there when it's raining? Yikes!

So if i am understanding correctly the Fantasmic at RBT includes food and table seating while watching the show. And the Dessert party for WoC also includes seating at table while watching? If so then those might be great options for us.
Yes, the F! Dining Packages at RBT include a three course meal (starter, entree, dessert) from a prix fixe menu. The premium seating includes watching from your table. The other dining times includes a FP to the reserved viewing area, which may or may not be ground seated. The WoC Dessert Party also includes a selection of desserts and seats at a table from which to watch the show. Given when you're going (the peak of the holiday travel season), I would anticipate that both of these will fill up very quickly, so I would make reservation as soon as possible (60-days in advance is when they typically become available, but the system can be sometimes slow to load new dates).

Yes, the F! Dining Packages at RBT include a three course meal (starter, entree, dessert) from a prix fixe menu. The premium seating includes watching from your table. The other dining times includes a FP to the reserved viewing area, which may or may not be ground seated. The WoC Dessert Party also includes a selection of desserts and seats at a table from which to watch the show. Given when you're going (the peak of the holiday travel season), I would anticipate that both of these will fill up very quickly, so I would make reservation as soon as possible (60-days in advance is when they typically become available, but the system can be sometimes slow to load new dates).

Great!!! counting down the days only 13 more so that i can make reservations. I think we will go with fantasmic premium at RBT. Will probably do that on Sat night. Can this be pre paid in any way?

Now just need a place to have dinner on Thursday.

I am not aware of any way to pre-pay for the meal; they'll bring you a check when you finish your meal.

I am not aware of any way to pre-pay for the meal; they'll bring you a check when you finish your meal.
Darn. I like to pre pay like i include character dining in my package just to make myself feel better and feel like i pay less because i just hand over a voucher instead of cash/Credit card.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts