Dining Wars: Drinking's Edge - An August 2018 Dining Report - Updated 2/18: Completed

Oh, those tipsy notes! :rotfl: I hope you're saving them all for the book you'll be writing someday!

Casey got the mermaid cupcake which she said tasted like old freezer.

I actually know exactly the taste she is describing…do I see another dining report writer in the making??

I also got a cheesecake brownie that Jason thought was for him and ate while I was in the shower. #AnotherBirthdayWin

Oh, no! :sad:

Thankfully Casey had seen this rodeo before and came prepared with her electronics.

What a great kid :goodvibes

You’ll be shocked to know I didn’t write down how much we saved with Tables in Wonderland.

I'd have been more shocked if you did.

How'd ya know? I've got a parrot head license plate and everything. And I would have liked it much better if Disney had at least filled my chalice with good red wine :drinking1
Yes!!! You just get better and better. Fellow Parrot Head here, too :thumbsup2

Beautiful family photo :goodvibes

crunky arugula
Crunky is the only way I'll eat arugula :snooty:

Up next, tipsy birthday around the world!!
And I hope Jason got the memo this time and doesn't eat your birthday treats! :sad2:;)

LOVED your tipsy notes :rotfl:

I love your drunk notes.

Your dinner at Jiko Bar looks like a wonderful evening. I hope you used your TiW as well!

Too bad about your brownie but hopefully he makes up for it ;)

Your tipsy notes certainly brightened my Monday morning :laughing:
Looks like a wonderful meal. I've read so many good things about the AKL restaurants, but I've never managed to get to one. Hopefully one day.

I should know better by now than to read your updates while I'm at work! I just laughed so hard reading your drunk notes that I literally spit on my keyboard with a waiting room full of patients

tenor.gif

My favorite part of your TR, the tipsy notes, love it. I am chuckling to myself and so enjoying it!

The food overall looks really delicious!

So glad you found a spot to lounge with your friends and share some great wine and food, minus the stinky cheese!
upload_2018-10-29_17-44-31.gif

I really think I need a friend like you to go to Disney with!! Wow it sounds like you have fun and I live your dining locations!! I am sure I will be enjoying a few drinks at the Jiko lounge in February!!

So I'm super behind in your report and catching up. I've been crazy busy lately and reading all your delicious food reviews while I'm a strict wedding diet is torture not sure what I was thinking lol.

I can't believe some lady tried to jump off your Dinosaur ride, that is the craziest thing I've heard! Your food at Yak and Yeti look amazing, I'm still sad that my Fiance doesn't like the place and I won't be going back any time soon.

Yay I made it to your birthday day!

This looks delicious. I've never tried it with the cake, I think I need to change that.

These were large fried shrimp in a creamy sweet and spicy sauce. While good the cup is deceiving as it was 75% filled with very salty coleslaw and only had 6 shrimp. While they were large it wasn’t quite shareable. They also charged $15 for it because we got to keep the cup. Would have been nice to know that up front.
We are trying this restaurant out for the first time on 1/1 for lunch. This is good to know since we usually like this type of dish and it sounds a bit underwhelming for the price. Plus we don't need that cup.

Unfortunately the Perkins Thai Noodles where not as good. They are described as
Chicken, Tofu, Seasonal Vegetables, and Rice Noodles tossed in a Spicy Soy-Chili Garlic Sauce and a “favorite of our friend Pamelia Perkins, President of the Adventurers Club.” Well Pamelia needs to stop putting unnecessary vowels in her name and start traveling because thai noodles these are not. The noodles themselves were undercooked and the soy-chili-garlic sauce appeared to be a broth made of about 90% soy sauce. Someone liked them though.
well this is depressing, it was what I was going to order, but that does not sound good at all. I'll need to take another look at the menu.

Dang, your tipsy notes are more coherent than many of my sober ones judging by the grocery list I wrote the other day :D I can see that I'm in desperate need of the ADRs we're booking today! Just six more months and we will be having almost as much fun as your crew!

Seriously though this was nice and crispy with good moisture in the chicken, though the “chili sauce” could have been kicked up a few notches. I did go to town on the steamed rice though as this is oddly one of my favorite foods.

Haha somehow I thought this was a trick dish and that it is NOT chicken but something that they made taste like chicken, but I guess it is chicken!
And I love white rice too, just a staple of mine and I can eat that with nothing on it and still love it.

Unfortunately the Perkins Thai Noodles where not as good. They are described as
Chicken, Tofu, Seasonal Vegetables, and Rice Noodles tossed in a Spicy Soy-Chili Garlic Sauce and a “favorite of our friend Pamelia Perkins, President of the Adventurers Club.” Well Pamelia needs to stop putting unnecessary vowels in her name and start traveling because thai noodles these are not. The noodles themselves were undercooked and the soy-chili-garlic sauce appeared to be a broth made of about 90% soy sauce. Someone liked them though.

Hmm, this looks like a generic stir-fry and not very exciting. I would hope it had more interesting flavors but I guess not. I also don't see any noodles! What's with restaurants skimping on the noodles? That's the best part!

One of these days I'll actually let this poor child eat there.

Hahaha, I did not know Casey has never had Casey's before!! Do you think she'll like it or is her palate too sophisticated for a 2 foot long chili dog topped with mac n cheese?

My tipsy notes however had a different take. “Elk flatbread awesome elk nog dry spicy good pears goat cheese crunky arugula.” Translation: We liked it.

Or you could go with my tipsy notes description: “No bueno stink cheese Jason smells drity feet. No corn but like peter pan.” Translation: It smelled like dirty feet but we liked the paddy pan squash.

Clearly they should instead change their menu to say “Cooked pinky n juicy. Love PAP!!!! Tomata spicey chaka.”

I’m going to go with we liked it because “Love warm Egypt amazing rival Sanna naan naan but do not flax just plane crunch. Live sambal most hummus nned more olive mango chuty nice good thick cuc stuff.”

“Packing on meat side Smoked prociuto and salami mustard more stink casey spit but berry sauce eat honeycomb and one with stachios like stinky best” Translation: There was some prosciutto and salami and more stinky cheese that I believe Casey spit out.

Hahaha your descriptions are the BEST!! You have to be the official food note taker in May!

I......don't even know what to quote here :rotfl2:except that I'm not jealous of the smells going on at Jiko that night :laughing::laughing: But it definitely appears you all had an awesome time!
Jiko clearly had a fondness for some rather ripe cheese during our visit. I don't recall being as offended by it was Casey and Jason but maybe that is why the people at the table next to us abruptly left :-)

Fantastic. She should have gotten some BW pizza window pizza first.
That would have been the perfect pairing!

I have never had Elk before. That looks really good.
From what I remember (cause the notes ain't helping) it was very good. Elk pretty much tastes like beef just sounds more exotic :P

Man, that is NOT a good review of that one. Dirty Feet should never be in teh description.
Yeah probably a bad sign :D

I always am amazed by Casey. My girls would not have survived your evening. I clearly didn't train them properly.
She's pretty tolerant. We've been taking her out literally since she was born so she is definitely used to it (and of course the iPad helps) :-)

Your drunk notes are hilarious!
Not drunk, "tipsy" :drinking1Very different :-)

Oh, those tipsy notes! :rotfl: I hope you're saving them all for the book you'll be writing someday!
Can you imagine if I wrote a whole book while tipsy? Now that could get interesting

I actually know exactly the taste she is describing…do I see another dining report writer in the making??
She may just be. Her palate is definitely better than mine!

Yes!!! You just get better and better. Fellow Parrot Head here, too :thumbsup2
You too :fish::fish::fish: (my version of fins)

Beautiful family photo :goodvibes
We can clean up when we want to :-)

Crunky is the only way I'll eat arugula :snooty:
Who doesn't? All greens are so much better when crunky :P

And I hope Jason got the memo this time and doesn't eat your birthday treats! :sad2:;)
Thankfully he got it all of of his system before my actual birthday.

I love your drunk notes.

Your dinner at Jiko Bar looks like a wonderful evening. I hope you used your TiW as well!
:P
Too bad about your brownie but hopefully he makes up for it ;)
Not drunk, clearly just tipsy :P

Jiko was great. Love that there are still a few places you can roll up to and have some apps at the bar.

Your tipsy notes certainly brightened my Monday morning :laughing:
Looks like a wonderful meal. I've read so many good things about the AKL restaurants, but I've never managed to get to one. Hopefully one day.
Glad I could brighten your day. I'm like liquid sunshine :sunny:

You definitely need to get over to AKL at some point. No matter which restaurant you choose no chance you'll be disappointed.

Those are some seriously awesome tasting notes :rotfl:

Everything at Jiko looked yummy!
What can I say. I'm an amazing note taker :drinking1

Love the food descriptions! That's my kind of note taking...
Mine too!

I should know better by now than to read your updates while I'm at work! I just laughed so hard reading your drunk notes that I literally spit on my keyboard with a waiting room full of patients

tenor.gif
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Now I gotta know how the patients reacted to that? Maybe I should start coming up with something like NSFW for my reviews. Maybe Caution MMYLS - May Make Your Literally Spit :-)

My favorite part of your TR, the tipsy notes, love it. I am chuckling to myself and so enjoying it!
Glad you enjoyed it because there is still one more installment to go :-)

So glad you found a spot to lounge with your friends and share some great wine and food, minus the stinky cheese!
upload_2018-10-29_17-44-31-gif.362091
How did you know its Friday night and this is quite literally me right about now :-) Also is it good or bad that I know what that wine is? :confused3

I really think I need a friend like you to go to Disney with!! Wow it sounds like you have fun and I live your dining locations!! I am sure I will be enjoying a few drinks at the Jiko lounge in February!!
What do ya know we'll be there in February too :-) And whether it be Jiko or Sanaa I know we'll be at one - if not both - of them!

I love your tipsy notes! :rotfl2:
:love::love::love:

So I'm super behind in your report and catching up. I've been crazy busy lately and reading all your delicious food reviews while I'm a strict wedding diet is torture not sure what I was thinking lol.
Hope all the wedding planning and dieting is going well. It's almost here!!!!!

I can't believe some lady tried to jump off your Dinosaur ride, that is the craziest thing I've heard!
It was insane!

Yay I made it to your birthday day!
Note quite yet, we've got one more to go but technically I celebrate for the whole month. Day of is just the official national holiday :-) Not that I enjoy my birthday or anything.

We are trying this restaurant out for the first time on 1/1 for lunch. This is good to know since we usually like this type of dish and it sounds a bit underwhelming for the price. Plus we don't need that cup.
Definitely pass on this, but all of the other appetizers are awesome. We usually just get a bunch and share them.

That sounds so good! Jiko is one of my favorite restaurants I need to get back there. That's a shame it was pouring on your birthday.
Thankfully we had fun regardless :-)

Those were your best tipsy notes yet. If you read them aloud with slurred speech, it’s like you’re actually there.
Thanks so much. Maybe Jason and I should do a reenactment later. Wonder where I could get some stinky cheese though :-)

Dang, your tipsy notes are more coherent than many of my sober ones judging by the grocery list I wrote the other day :D I can see that I'm in desperate need of the ADRs we're booking today! Just six more months and we will be having almost as much fun as your crew!
The fact that I put them in my phone helps. If I had to read them they'd look something like this
chinese_symbols_for_drunk_9009_2_33.png

What ADR's did you end up getting?

Haha somehow I thought this was a trick dish and that it is NOT chicken but something that they made taste like chicken, but I guess it is chicken!
And I love white rice too, just a staple of mine and I can eat that with nothing on it and still love it.
Maybe it wasn't chicken after all :confused3 I dated a guy in college who hunted and served me a chicken casserole one time. Turns out it was squirrel and sadly I didn't even know the difference.

I know there is a white on rice joke somewhere in there :P

Hmm, this looks like a generic stir-fry and not very exciting. I would hope it had more interesting flavors but I guess not. I also don't see any noodles! What's with restaurants skimping on the noodles? That's the best part!
It wasn't even a generic stir fry. There were some noodles in there but they were certainly hard to find.

Hahaha, I did not know Casey has never had Casey's before!! Do you think she'll like it or is her palate too sophisticated for a 2 foot long chili dog topped with mac n cheese?
She has not but she would be all over the chili dog. I just don't want her to know this is even an option :P

Hahaha your descriptions are the BEST!! You have to be the official food note taker in May!
Lord help us all if that happens :drinking1

I dated a guy in college who hunted and served me a chicken casserole one time. Turns out it was squirrel and sadly I didn't even know the difference.

OMG. I'm going to assume this isn't Jason. :eek:
But I guess it's true that everything tastes like...chicken? :laughing:

She has not but she would be all over the chili dog. I just don't want her to know this is even an option :P

Hahaha ok. :thumbsup2

Lord help us all if that happens :drinking1

Haha that's the point!!

She's pretty tolerant. We've been taking her out literally since she was born so she is definitely used to it (and of course the iPad helps) :-)
The iPad does help! Although, we do try to not use it MOST of the time. But sometimes you just got to do it! For awhile Gwen's favorite restaurant was Buffalo Wild Wings and it was only because they gave the kids tablets to use while there. Thankfully, we convinced them, that they could just bring there own to restaurants with better food!

Also, If we meet up in Feb., we might have to go to Casey's! Gwen's favorite food is corn dog nuggets and she actually hasn't had them from there yet! It can be a first for both of them!

You aure moust welcoume :P
Seems like us Irish people spell like our Canadian neighbours :rotfl:
Did you know that arugula is called rocket here and that when people are a wee bit tipsy/out there they may well be referred to as "space cadets" so your meal and tipsy state were a match made in heaven lol:rotfl:
Seriously love your tipsy notes not only do they make me slur my speech they leave me gasping for breath I laugh so hard:rotfl2:
Keep up the good work:thumbsup2
Oh and I'm guessing that the fact you and Jason are still together means he managed to restrain himself from devouring all your birthday treats :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter