Dining suggestions for 5 adults

Jnjtrio

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, We are a party of 5 adults all over 50. I have booked California Grill, Marrakesh, Brown Derby and Boathouse. We will be there for 7 nights, planning a dessert party for one night and will do an early dinner at resort that day.

I have a touring plans reservation finder going for ohana (but I am not sold on this). We are staying at Shades of Green so the Poly is next door. We thought a dinner at a Poly restaurant would be a good choice on a resort day. This trip was booked under 180 days so I am trying to at least have some options available.

I am the only one to have visited Disney World in the last 15 years so planning has fallen to me. We are not looking for character meals, we have no issue with buffets. We have 5 day park tickets but plan to head back to resort in afternoons to rest/swim.

I am looking for possible table service reservations suggestions, we have no food allergies or restrictions.

Sounds like you've got some really good choices there!

How about Chefs de France? I've heard good things and have it booked for my upcoming trip!

We also have 50s Prime Time but that's more for the novelty than the food so if your priority is more food, less novelty then you can probably give that one a miss.

Another idea is Saana, again I've heard a lot of good things and you can see the animals from the restaurant, especially if you are willing to wait for a window table. We've booked for 6pm so it'll still be light and I'm hoping the animals will still be roaming around a little. If you went to somewhere like Saana or Boma it'll also add another cuisine to your list to make sure it's varied.

For adults Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is a favorite of ours as is TIffins in DAK. We also really like Tratorria al Forno on the Boardwalk. My family liked Sanaa if you are up to a trip to Kidani Village. I kept the kids and the rest went there for dinner, and felt it was among their favorites.

I agree with Sanaa and Boma. Yak and Yeti is great too. 50s prime time or SciFi are really fun. Morimoto at DS is good too.

I love Yak & Yeti. One of our favorites. I have heard phenomenal things about The Wave at the Contemporary. Raglan Road in Disney Springs. Food is delicious and the entertainment is great. Flying Fish at the Boardwalk is my number 1 right now. Sanaa is good. I really liked it and so did my son. My husband and my daughter weren't too excited with the seasonings. We all loved the bread service. I want to try it for lunch. They have a different menu for lunch and one thing looks amazing to me.

If you want something close to Shades of Green, I would consider Citrico's at GF. Great food, quieter atmosphere. Since you aren't on the dining plan, I would look at the menus at the Swan/Dolphin resorts as well. We love bluezoo and, if you like sushi, Kimono's is excellent. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is also good.

IMO I would dump the Brown Derby (never had a good experience there) and choose some of the following:
Citircos at GF
Shula's at Dolphin
Il Mulino at Swan
Art Smith Homecoming at DS
Wave at CR

I think all of the above are great locations for adults. I will say that they are all (maybe not the Wave) a bit pricey but if you are looking for a good meal you really can't go wrong at any of them.

You can't go wrong with 'Ohana at the Polynesian. Dinner OR Breakfast (although it does have characters, its very Disney, the location is great!) however I loved Dinner there. The tables are large as well, so accommodating 5 adults shouldn't be an issue at all.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Our first park day is Epcot and food & wine will have just started. Depending on how that goes we could end up in Epcot several afternoons and dropping reservations. Money is not an issue, this started as a girl's trip and the husband's are now tagging along plus an older gentleman who is a dear family friend.

My husband has to be careful with spicier foods due to a medical issue, but from what I have read this should not be an issue in any Disney restaurant.

You can't go wrong with 'Ohana at the Polynesian. Dinner OR Breakfast (although it does have characters, its very Disney, the location is great!) however I loved Dinner there. The tables are large as well, so accommodating 5 adults shouldn't be an issue at all.

Not sure I will get an Ohana reservation (touring plans search running) so trying to make sure I have other options. Anybody have an opinion on how often Ohana reservations appear?

I third Boma for dinner. I love trying new things in a buffet setting, so I know I don't have to love them. Also, I'm a fan of Biergarten in Epcot, but I love German food. Really, you can't go wrong with any place in Epcot, depending on your preferences.

I just received an Ohana reservation alert yesterday from touring plans and was able to book for 4 in early June. I have had a lot of luck with using the reservation finder, so you certainly have a chance of getting that. As a back-up plan I would also recommend The Wave. I had an amazing meal there in February and the prices are very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter