Dining Suggestions for 4 adults and 6 kids?

fergie5

Earning My Ears
We are starting to think about which restaurants to book at the 180 day mark. We are two families with 6 kids age 11 and under. I'm thinking maybe Chef Mickey's but need some other suggestions so we have a varied dining experience (both character and non-character dining and in/out of parks). We are staying 7 days at the Boardwalk. Will most restaurants be able to accommodate a table of 10, or should I try to reserve 2 separate tables?

I can't help you with a group of 10, but here are some fun character ideas:
Tusker House and Garden Grill have Mickey and pals and both are yummy all you can eat
Crystal Palace has Pooh and friends (and good food) if you want to ease into character dining
Any little girls? Eating in the castle with Cindy and her princesses is very fun.
Non-character ideas:
Biergarten at Epcot is table of 8, so you would be sat at two different tables. Everyone can find something to eat and German om-pah band for the littles.
If you are going while Beaches and Cream is open, they can put tables together, so you can be together and eat burgers and ice cream.

Probably the best advice is to look at menus to see what appeals to you all.

Don't forget Ohana! Most kiddos really like it and adults too.
Flying Fish can readily accommodate large families and are good to kiddies.
Boardwalk Bakery has some nice lunch and dinner sandwiches and does well by breakfast too.

We like to kick off the trip at Chef MIckey for dinner. FUn, loud, and Iconic Disney. Th efood is okay, but it is disney buffet, so okay.

If you prefer to meet the classic Disney characters in costume, I suggest Minnie Seasonal DIne in DHS for dinner or lunch. FUn and decent food. Again, it is a buffet.

Love to have a great time with the Stepsisters? 1900 PF in the Grand Floridian is a blast. The Tremaine family is a hoot, and then Cindy and Charmong are a bonus.

Early mornign in EPcot is a favorite of ours. We like a pre park opening meal at eoither Garden Grill or Akershus. Both are character meals, and are AYCTE, one is Farmer Mickey, chip and Dale,a dn is located in the LAnd, the other features Belle and the Princesses in Norway.

We all like Tratorria al Forno on the Boardwalk fo rdelicious Italian food, and this restaurant accomodates large parties well.

ALso for Counter service, think about BOG in the MK for lunch and Flame Tree in DAK.

Depending on the ages of the kids, I'd avoid buffets! Adults are outnumbered, and I'd hate to juggle so many plates.

My suggestions have been mentioned I believe. We are a party of 8 and open and close each trip with a dinner at Ohana. If you have some girls Akershus is a lot less expensive than CRT. We have also loved Tusker House and you should check out Garden Grill. If you do a PPO breakfast there you can eat and go down to Soarin and Living With The Land and ride both with little delay on Stand by. This will save you a fast pass for either Test Track or Frozen.

Depending on the ages of the kids, I'd avoid buffets! Adults are outnumbered, and I'd hate to juggle so many plates.
I know what you are saying! Sometimes those buffets are so hectic with getting up and down to get the kids food... and then add pictures and autograph book coordination with the characters coming to your table. That is why I am looking for suggestions. Definitely need to have some "relaxing" sit down meals in the line up for the week- but i can probably handle 1 or 2 buffets.

Don't forget Ohana! Most kiddos really like it and adults too.
How would you compare this to the breakfast at Chef Mickey's? This would be a new experience for us and then maybe we could have another meal with Mickey and Friends elsewhere. Lilo and Stitch are at Ohana - right?

How would you compare this to the breakfast at Chef Mickey's? This would be a new experience for us and then maybe we could have another meal with Mickey and Friends elsewhere. Lilo and Stitch are at Ohana - right?
Chef Mickey's has more variety but remember at Ohana they bring the food to you so you will not miss any characters. At CM it is easy to miss one and be stuck for another 45 min to an hour.

I'm the wrong person to answer questions about character meals as I've never eaten at one:o.
My DGD was around 10 when she started visiting Disney and was already pass the princess and character meet stage.

I can say this though. Only character(s) seen at 'Ohana is during breakfast. At dinner time they do coconut races and have a man singing Hawaiian songs.

All I know about Chef Mickey is it's veddy loud although the restaurant guests are probably having too much fun to realise it:D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!