Dining Reviews: Le Cellier, GG, CP, CMC, and others

DisneyGirl4188

<font color=purple>Mike's Princess<br><font color=
Cape May Cafe (Thanksgiving): It was really good. DH did not want to try the stuffing (had carrots in it and he thought it was weird) but I liked it. I loved the turkey. Service was great. Score: 8

Donald's Breakfastosaurus: food, service, and character interaction was great. They had the best cinnamon bun/french toast item. We aren't big on breakfast, but this was wonderful. Score: 8

Plaza Restaraunt: I had the Rueben with German Potato, DH had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with french fries. It was excellent, as was the service. Score: 8

Mama Melrose
, Fantasmic package: We had the Four Cheese flat bread and salad, I had the Wood-grilled Chicken, DH had Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana, for dessert I had the Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake and DH had chocolate gelato. The flatbread wasn't that good at all, it was near burnt and tasteless. The salad was ok. I LOVED the chicken. The portion was HUGE. DH said his dish was just OK. The desserts were yummy, but we didn't each much of them (too full). Score: 7

Garden Grill: neither of us liked the Honey Orange butter or the salad. The turkey was good, but we didn't like the cranberry on top. We ordered seconds of the cat fish and mashed potatoes. The dessert was some sort of bread pudding and we didn't like it. Service was decent. The characters interaction was very good. Score: 6

Crystal Palace (lunch); everything was excellent. The food, service, and character interaction. Score: 9

Kona Cafe (breakfast): I had the Tonga Toast and DH had the Big Kahuna. The portions were enormous! The service was pretty good, but the food great. Score: 8

'Ohana (dinner): we hadn't been since the changes, but the food is still outstanding. I did miss the wontons, but everything else made up for that. The potatoes were yummy, the shrimp were delicious, everything else was awesome. The only thing we didn't like was the steak was very rare. Other than that, excellent! Service was great and we had the best view of MK. Score: 10

Le Cellier: words can't describe how good this was. For starters, I had the cheese soup ( :cloud9: ) and DH had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob (very good and not spicy at all). I ordered the 7 oz. Filet Mignon and DH the Free Range Chicken. Each were excellent, but we did trade (I ordered the steak well, but it came back medium rare. DH didn't mind, so we switched. The filet was so good that I didn't mind the rareness that much at all). For dessert, I had the creme brulee sampler and DH had the chocolate cake. Both were heavenly. Service was outstanding. Score: 10

Boma (breakfast): the food was great. They had a lot to choose from. The service was great. Score: 8

Boma (dinner): again, food was great. The crab soup was awesome and the zebra domes lived up to the hype. Service was slow. Score: 8

We were on the dining plan (we did pay OOP for Plaza) and weren't treated any differently because of that. I'll add prices later. Any questions, ask away.

Thanks for the concise reviews...I am anxiously awaiting our Le Cellier visit in 3 months(I think we plan to order the same items you did :] ) Glad to see it did not disappoint!!! Quick question, what time of day did you eat there and how long did the meal take(approximately, I don't expect you to be exact!!)?

Just curious because we have plans to meet others after our 6:40 ADR and I want to make a fairly educated guess as to what we should tell them.

Thanks much!! :goodvibes

Our ADR was 6:10pm 11/30, but we went early because we were heading over to MVMCP after. I checked in around 5 and we were seated a little before 5:30. We were out in an hour.

The server knew we were going over to MVMCP, so I think that helped to speed up the service (I heard it can be slow). Also, since it was just the two of us, that may have helped to speed it up.

We didn't feel rushed at all (and it didn't appear anyone else was either) so if you want to stay awhile, I don't think they will kick you out. ;)

We have ADR's for April and I can't wait. DH loved the cake (it's not the same cake as listed on All Ears, but the one listed on wdwinfo) and can't wait to have it again.

We just returned and agree with your reviews of LeCellier (we thought it was the best meal we had at WDW) and Garden Grill (so disappointed). Totally agree that salad, butter and dessert were not good!! Hope they return to their menu before the remodeling. It used to be one of our favorite meals!!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I too don't like the salad or dessert at Garden Grill. I do like the orange blossom butter tho ;) Thanks for your reviews!

Thanks for sharing your reviews, I enjoyed them. :tink:

Nice reviews ! I'm curious about the lunch at Crystal Palace. Was there a lot of meat, or did they have salads and veggies available too?

Crystal Palace did have a lot of salads and veggies. If you are a vegatarian, you will be able to find lots to eat.

I only had two meats. One was salmon and the other was chicken with tomatoes and black olives (very good).

Thanks for the reviews! Glad to hear Ohana's is still good after the menu changes. We'll be there soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter