Dining Review from 8/5-8/10

travelgirl77

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our Disney vacation and I thought that I would offer up some reviews. We stayed at the Contemporary, Atrium Club level, so most of our breakfasts and snacks were from the club. We did a lot of buffets/character meals, as it was the first trip for my kids, 8 & 4.

O'hana: Easily my favorite meal of the trip. I loved the atmosphere and the food was great, although so, so much. I really enjoyed the salad, noodles, and chicken. It was a win-win for everyone and I would definitely come back.

Contempo Café at the Contemporary: We ate a couple of lunches here and I thought it was really good. I had a chicken sandwich here that I really loved and my kids enjoyed their meals. My husband had a burger both times and enjoyed it both times. It was never crowded and you got a lot of food.

The Wave at the Contemporary: This was a fantastic meal and we walked in sans reservation and were seated within 5 minutes. I had the beef tenderloin, which was absolutely wonderful. The bread with the salted butter was great too. My husband had the Cioppino and wanted to lick his bowl. Both kids had pasta and liked it. It was a quiet dinner, which was nice and although service was good, it was not spectacular. I do suggest this place if you have not been!

Askershus: We came here for a Princess lunch which was delightful. The princesses were great and spent good time with each table. Service here was spectacular. The food was good and I enjoyed the appetizer buffet to start. I got the pasta, which tasted great going down, but really irritate my stomach later on. This is not Disney's fault, just my fickle digestive system. They brought out some kid cupcakes so my kiddos enjoyed those as opposed to the more adult desserts. Overall it was a good meal, but I would not necessarily return unless my daughter wants some more princess time.

Tusker House: This was a fun buffet with so many choices! We loved meeting the characters and my kids loved the roasted chicken and mac-n-cheese. I really loved the pork, roasted veggies, and mashed potatoes. I also liked the curry. There is just so much here to choose from and it can be a bit chaotic, but I wholeheartedly recommend trying it out.

Crystal Palace: We had the character breakfast here specifically so my son could meet Pooh. I could have been satisfied with just that, but the breakfast was so, so good and it made me wish we had made more reservations for breakfasts rather than dinners. I loved the French toast doughnut type things, cheesy eggs, strawberries, and bacon. Everyone ate really well here and because we made reservations for 1030, we really were not hungry until dinner, which was great. This was, however, the one place where we waited almost 30 minutes for our table, which was nerve wracking as I really wanted breakfast and we were all super hungry!

Dessert Party: This was so fun and in the end, I was happy we sprung for it. We loved all of the desserts and my kids enjoyed making cookies and cupcakes. I also got about 4 glasses of POG juice which made my day. I loved not having to fight for a fireworks seat and the area was great for seeing everything.

Be Our Guest: By far, the very worst food, service, atmosphere of the trip. We went for lunch and still had a 20 minute wait. The food was bland, bland, bland. We ate in the Beast's room, which was kind of neat. It just feels like a fancy cafeteria and I don't think we will be back with so many better, less expensive choices.

Snacks: We tried dole whips, citrus swirls, cupcakes, frozen lemonades, pretzels, and popcorn. They were all one and done for us....well except for maybe the popcorn.

Overall, we had a great time, but look forward to trying different places on our next trip!

Great report, very interesting! In your other report, I agree with you about the sense of entitlement in our society....it seems to be EVERYWHERE. We go down to Walt Disney World in 13 days (whoooop) and I am curious to see the atmosphere (I haven't been there since 1998).
I can only imagine how it's changed, what with the whole cell phone culture :rolleyes: I LOVE just being in the moment, it's the best; to me, it doesn't happen often enough.
Still SO excited to go though, can't even wait!!!!!

I always think the same thing~wish we booked more breakfasts! Loved Crystal Palace. We also have had great food and character interaction at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter