Dining reservations still showing in MDE?

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
Have a trip that is planned for late July/early Aug. Saw the news a few days ago about all dining reservations and FP’s being cancelled. What is odd is that all our dining reservations are still showing Up in MDE. Just curious if this is the case for anyone else. I have no doubt that they no longer exist in reality but it just seems odd that the FP’s disappeared but dining did not.

We are going early September. We had a dinner at Boma disappear, also a character breakfast. The other 4 dinners are still showing, 3 are in theme park restaurants, and the 4th is at Rain Forest Cafe.

I imagine the IT department is overwhelmed. Our trip is in September so we haven't done FP+ yet but we did do dining. All our dining is still there. I'm sure it'll eventually disappear, just no clue when.

All we have showing for our Thanksgiving trip is BOG breakfast. I'm sure it will be gone soon like the others.

All my resort ADRs have disappeared. Park ones are still there...for now. Seems like they're slowly deleting them, starting with resorts and springs. Parks will be next... just waiting to get a refund for Cinderellas royal table once they cancel that.

They appear to be doing cancellations restaurant by restaurant. They just haven’t gotten to your yet.

We’re going September 7-14. Our reservations for Topolino’s were canceled 2 days ago but our reservations for Oga’s Cantina and for Droid Depot are still on MDE as of this morning.

Disney's never been known for having the most spectacularly accurate and quickly updated website ( ;) ), so I imagine it will take awhile for all of the experience & dining ADRs to be removed. :)

I wonder why they are cancelling on people who have reservations in Oct/Nov. I wonder if that means they are planning on being at severely reduced capacity far beyond the next few months.

I wonder why they are cancelling on people who have reservations in Oct/Nov. I wonder if that means they are planning on being at severely reduced capacity far beyond the next few months.

they don’t knowso they are removing all ADRs. It is a complete reset

They're also switching to a new reservation system that will have ADRs at 60 days instead of 180. A complete reset. It's definitely hard to watch all your hard work in getting the best ADRs and FP disappear though!

I had 7 made for our week of 14-21 November, all of the in-park ADRs are still there with the only one removed is an ADR for Disney Springs.

So now I check MDE each day to see when the "ADR Grim Reaper" will find the rest of them...

Scheduled in August - still have all of ours even though we got the email that they would be cancelled 2 days ago. I figure it is just Fun with Disney IT.

They are likely purging the system of ADRs systematically. There has to be millions of them in there and you can't just delete them all at once it takes time and system resources. I would wager they are doing them in batches based upon restaurant and placing a limit on just how much processing power the process can take at one time to prevent crashing the whole shebang. Don't worry, they will all be gone in time. I'm down to just one left.

I went in today and only saw Crystal Palace , Coral Reef, Biergarten, and Tutolino still posted on our trip, and immediately thought, "okay, so the restaurants that no one wants are still left because they're worried about them having people show up at all". I guess they will be gone sooner than later if it is a whole new ressie system. I am a mess over losing Cali Grill Brunch and first night 'Ohana (and BOG, Snow White dinner, and Citricos).

I saved Disney the trouble and went in an canceled all my ADR's. It was really sad to do. My FP day isn't till the end of this month so didn't make them yet. I would have been doubly sad if I had to cancel them. However, our trip isn't till the end of August and I'm and still on the fence whether we are going or not.

All of my ADRs have been slowly disappearing over the past few days (for July & Aug trips) Only ones left right now are Oga’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter