Dining reservations down, got up early for nothing

sparkle78

DIS Veteran
So, I was on these boards yesterday and nobody mentioned it. Thus, I created this post to let others know - sleep in. At least till somebody updates that it is working again. My GUESS is wit the phased openings they are looking at restaurant capacities, how many tables they can book with social distancing. I’m trying for thanksgiving week. Any body else’s thoughts ?
Also please post when the system is working again. Thanks

Same here. Today is our 180. Honestly not even 100% sure we'll still go, but haven't cancelled yet so I was trying to stay on track with planning.
Do you think when the system opens back up for reservations it will be a free for all? I know they have to limit capacity, I wasn't sure we'd get the one or two reservations we were hoping for. Now I think maybe we'll just stick to counter service this trip. We aren't on the dining plan anyway.

Dining reservations aren't down per se. As of yesterday, they are just suspended until further notice.

And all those ADRs we spent time getting are gone at least until the end of 2020.

Correct. Disney indicated yesterday that all ADRs through years end are being cancelled along with dining packages. They are also moving ADRs to 60 days but did not say when it would take effect. So it’s a new world at Disney now and no guarantee for dining until they figure out a plan.

And all those ADRs we spent time getting are gone at least until the end of 2020.
Hoping for the best when my 60 day window opens for ADRs.
Disney will be totally different when it reopens. Hard to imagine what it will look like.

Yes I am curious how this will work. Will fastpasses be back ? Will we book both dining and fastpasses at 60 days? So we will wait and see and hopefully have some answers by September for those of us trying to plan holiday trips

Yes I am curious how this will work. Will fastpasses be back ? Will we book both dining and fastpasses at 60 days? So we will wait and see and hopefully have some answers by September for those of us trying to plan holiday trips

I doubt they will do both on the same day. Their IT can't handle it, and they know it. Plus, they are canceling FPs for a while, probably through the end of the year, but they haven't officially said when. They need the FP lines for social distancing in attraction queues. They should have some answers before they open the parks on 7/11, probably sometime toward the end of the month at the latest, hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!