Dining reservation question

Befferk

Love your life and count your blessings!
I randomly check in on some of the City Walk restaurants for our trip to see if we can get reservations yet (going 12/31 & 1/1). I know most are 30 days, and some are longer, but I keep checking because at one point Cowfish jumped from 30 days to much longer and I was able to get a NYE reservation for my son and his GF. However DH and I want Bigfire. (They are at 30 days for reservations.) So today I was looking and 12/26 says "full" already - today is 30 days out from there. But Christmas Day is wide open. Anyone know why that would be? Should I be worried when I try for NYE? Anyone know what time of the day they open up the ressies for the 30 days out?

Keep checking as nye does fill up quickly.

In past years, reservations go quickly for that date.

You have a few days left before you are at the 30
day mark.

Keep checking as nye does fill up quickly.

In past years, reservations go quickly for that date.

You have a few days left before you are at the 30
day mark.

Yes I plan on being on as early as I can on 12/1, but unlike Disney, I can't find what time they release reservations?

I read somewhere that a lot of citywalk places were mainly doing walkins during this time. On the reservation site you can't make any reservations on Mon-Wed--which, of course, is when we will be there!

Not sure if the dates are still in effect

City Walk eateries were closed on some dates due to low crowds

Check the UO website to see if that has changed

I was there last month and at that time the closure was not in effect

Changes are bound to happen but no idea when

I read somewhere that a lot of citywalk places were mainly doing walkins during this time. On the reservation site you can't make any reservations on Mon-Wed--which, of course, is when we will be there!
I was there this week (Mon-Wed), and I saw on the website that many places said they were closed Mon-Wed (e.g. Cowfish, Vivo). But that was wrong, they were open, and when I called I was able to make reservations. Don't trust the website!

I was there this week (Mon-Wed), and I saw on the website that many places said they were closed Mon-Wed (e.g. Cowfish, Vivo). But that was wrong, they were open, and when I called I was able to make reservations. Don't trust the website!
Thanks so much for this info! My DD really wanted to go to Cowfish

I just booked Cowfish for NYE tonight. I actually booked all my dinner reservations for my Christmas trip - including Bigfire and Hard Rock Cafe.

I just booked Cowfish for NYE tonight. I actually booked all my dinner reservations for my Christmas trip - including Bigfire and Hard Rock Cafe.

Yes Cowfish and Hard Rock book out months in advance vs 30 days (I got both of those quite a while ago), I'm holding out for the 30 days for Bigfire though for NYE. Couple more days. 🤞

We just ate at Bigfire last night. We had a 5:30 reservation. We had the mussel appetizer, a scallop dish, a top sirloin dish, and an apple dessert. Fabulous! Our waiter Robert/Bucky was great too. Worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter