Dining res and Lyft to LAX questions

serendipityaey

Mouseketeer
We’ll be flying home out of LAX for the first time ever this trip and I’d like to get a Lyft to the airport (we will need an XL). Flight leaves at 935pm Sunday (11th) night. If we order a Lyft around 530-545 and on the road around 6 on a Sunday evening is that enough time? I’ve checked traffic around that time on Sundays and it says an hour but I don’t know if getting around lax will add to that.

Other question, one in our group will not be able to make it. We have a reservation for Lamplight, Fantasmic and Carnation for breakfast. Should I just call a few days before the trip to change the number of our reservations down by one?

Thank you :love:

sounds okay for a Sunday, your traffic will be getting INTO the airport.
the last time i took Lyft to the airport, we came in from the North which is a lot better than going through from the South.

I wouldn't even bother changing the dining reservation. Just tell them when you get there that you're one fewer person.

You should be good on time with that. Traffic AT the airport on a Sunday night is the worst.

I wouldn't even bother changing the dining reservation. Just tell them when you get there that you're one fewer person.

You should be good on time with that. Traffic AT the airport on a Sunday night is the worst.

That’s what I was thinking might be okay for reservations but even for the Fantasmic dining do you think it’s fine? I kind of look at those as individual things more than a table where it doesn’t matter.

What’s an estimate on how long we could spend in traffic at the airport? Half an hour, longer? Also it’s the three day weekend so maybe it won’t be as bad if Sunday’s are bad.

That’s what I was thinking might be okay for reservations but even for the Fantasmic dining do you think it’s fine? I kind of look at those as individual things more than a table where it doesn’t matter.

What’s an estimate on how long we could spend in traffic at the airport? Half an hour, longer? Also it’s the three day weekend so maybe it won’t be as bad if Sunday’s are bad.

Oh, I'm not sure about Fantasmic. Look at the cancellation policy on that one. The others should be fine.

The problem with traffic at LAX is that it's so unpredictable. It could easily be over 30 minutes to get into the airport and around to your terminal. Which airline are you flying? A three day weekend will probably make it worse, not better. Sunday night is always the worst to me.

I only meant because many people don’t have to rush to be at work on Monday, that Monday instead will be more like a Sunday. Of course I understand 3 day weekends make everything busier in general. We are flying Alaska.

I only meant because many people don’t have to rush to be at work on Monday, that Monday instead will be more like a Sunday. Of course I understand 3 day weekends make everything busier in general. We are flying Alaska.

Alaska is Terminal 6 which means in addition to getting into the airport you have to make it all the way around the circle, which could add half an hour. It could also add 5 minutes. Hard to know. LAX is the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter