Dining question

Pediatri

Earning My Ears
We are tentatively planning a trip with our grandchildren next March. Our granddaughter will have just turned ten before our trip. I see that menus say the children's meal is for 9 and under. When I look at the menu, I often don't see things that I think our granddaughter will eat off the adult menu. Do they bend the rules at all on the age? I understand that if we go to a character meal we will have to pay the adult price (ouch!) for her, but what about an alacarte menu? Thanks!

The outcome really depends on the restaurant & the CM. They will absolutely let her order the food from the kid’s menu. Several times they allowed my son to do so & only charged the child’s price. And sometimes they will charge more for the meal. But when they charge more, they will also give larger portions. You shouldn’t have any issue getting the food, just be prepared to be flexible on the prices.

Wench is correct. Just be prepared to pay more, you should be able to easily order off the kids menu though.

I'm not sure about table service restaurants, but quick service restaurants shouldn't be an problem. I've never had an issue getting myself a kid's meal at the quick service restaurants and I'm a few years over 9.:P

As stated above, for all CS dining, just order the kids meal for your granddaughter (and for anyone else who wants one). No questions will be asked. For TS, be upfront about your granddaughter wanting to order from the kids menu even though she is older. As pp have said, it is up to the CM to decide whether to charge you the kids menu price or the adult menu price. If you are charged more, you will receive a larger portion of food. Budget for the adult price, but if you are charged less, then that will be pixie dust. For character meals, as you noted, she will count as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter