Dining plan worth it when Annual Pass/DVC discounts?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
I believe Annual Pass and DVC offer discounts for dining... with that, is it worth getting the regular Dining Plan? Thanks!

Unlikely. It mostly depends on the adult/child ratio in the party - QSDP and basic DDP are pretty bad deals anyway for adults (even without comparing to AP/DVC discounts), but are much better for kids (age 3-9). I'd say if you had more kids than adults in the party, it'd be worth it to at least run the numbers.

Consider Tables in Wonderland. 20% off of food and drinks, and it pays for itself after $750 in food.

NOTE: When using Tables in Wondeland discount, your check will have an 18% gratuity added regardless of party size.

I just read that the restaurants raise their prices during peak season. Is that with all restaurants? How much do they increase it by?

DH & I have always done the dining plan since the beginning but we won't this year for the first time. We have done a cost analysis and have found the dining plan would cost several hundred dollars more. We are AP holders and DVC so we have those discounts. Plus we will pay with WDW gift cards that we have purchased from Target which is an instant 5% discount.

I have free dining booked but I think that out of pocket with the discounts would be better. There are several quick service restaurants with 20% off at the moment. And I had TIW but we don't do a whole lot of TS. I just looked up my past two trips. I spent $713 in food for 6 people for 9 nights. The trip before that cost $431 for 6 nights for 4 people. My "free dining" in actuality is costing $2217 for 14 nights for QSDP. Granted, we don't do buffets or character dining. I usually travel with 2 teen boys and a 10 year old girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!