Dining Plan Sharing Credits Question

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
Hoping this goes here since it isn't really about a specific restaurant, but more about the dining plan in general.

I read under the terms that credits are "not transferrable between party members," but since you get 1 pool of credits that are not attached to any one person, how do they enforce this? Especially if everyone is 10+ and all using adult credits.

Asking because I'm getting the plan for a mother/daughter trip in November, but she's fairly picky and sometimes just eats a side of macaroni and cheese at a quick service instead of getting an entire meal. I thought in this case, I could use the credit for me and just give her the side or use a snack credit for her food. And before you say that maybe the dining plan wouldn't be worth it for us in this case, I am one of those who likes to have it "prepaid" and we are doing several character meals. Since she doesn't eat a whole lot, I don't feel as bad about paying adult price for a character meal for her if it's a dining credit (I know I'm still paying for it, it just doesn't feel like as much of a waste). With my question, I'm really referring more to quick service credits as we'll be doing table service meals that aren't shareable and she'll use all her own credits there.

She's 11 and won't be charging any of her own meals btw. I will charge everything for both of us.

I thought in this case, I could use the credit for me and just give her the side or use a snack credit for her food.
Yes. You can do that. You don’t need to order/use both of your quick service meals at the same time.

I would just order one meal at a time and share it and /or if there are sides that can be used as snack credits, add on. You can share another quick service meal at another time.

Yes. You can do that. You don’t need to order/use both of your quick service meals at the same time.

I would just order one meal at a time and share it and /or if there are sides that can be used as snack credits, add on. You can share another quick service meal at another time.

Thanks. That's exactly what I plan to do. I just thought the verbiage was odd. Maybe Disney is just trying to discourage people from sharing credits, but in this scenario, I don't know how they'd police it.

It's really not enforced. You've always gotten one pool of credits, and any adult in the party can use them when ordering. My guess is Disney doesn't want people selling unused credits at the end of their trip, but IDK how you could even do that.

Before Covid Disney allowed you to use your credits any way you wanted including treating someone who was not on the dining plan. So for example if you were to meet with some friends/family and wanted to use your ts or qs credits to treat them to dinner you were allowed. In your case you could have used say 5 ts credits at one time even though you are only 2 on the ddp. That is no more so that is what they mean when they say non transferable. You and your dd can use all your available credits any way you choose but you can only order 2 qs or 2ts meals at a time.

Before Covid Disney allowed you to use your credits any way you wanted including treating someone who was not on the dining plan. So for example if you were to meet with some friends/family and wanted to use your ts or qs credits to treat them to dinner you were allowed. In your case you could have used say 5 ts credits at one time even though you are only 2 on the ddp. That is no more so that is what they mean when they say non transferable. You and your dd can use all your available credits any way you choose but you can only order 2 qs or 2ts meals at a time.

Yeah I know this type of sharing has changed, but the verbiage actually states that they are not transferrable between members of the same party. Anyway, I'm not really concerned because I know it can't be enforced.

You can definitely order one QS and then use a snack credit or pay out of pocket for a side like French fries. It’s just a big pool of credits that you get on arrival day.

Yeah I know this type of sharing has changed, but the verbiage actually states that they are not transferrable between members of the same party. Anyway, I'm not really concerned because I know it can't be enforced.
QS should not be an issue, but you cannot use your TS credit for someone else. That is easy to enforce. I don't like that change, you should be able to use your credits however you choose.

QS should not be an issue, but you cannot use your TS credit for someone else. That is easy to enforce. I don't like that change, you should be able to use your credits however you choose.

That's fair. I don't intend to try and share the TS credits anyway.

Are they enforcing the non-sharing of TS credits now? If I have two on the Plan and invite a third, can I use three credits for the meal?

Are they enforcing the non-sharing of TS credits now? If I have two on the Plan and invite a third, can I use three credits for the meal?
You cannot use the credit for anyone but yourself for TS. They closed that loop. Not sure why it matters to Disney, a credit is a credit, but they no longer allow it.

You cannot use the credit for anyone but yourself for TS. They closed that loop. Not sure why it matters to Disney, a credit is a credit, but they no longer allow it.
I understand. But are they actually enforcing it?

Just as an FYI, it looks like Disney doesn't mind sharing credits anymore. I called, asked through chat, looked at a Disney Parks Blog response and also emailed. They all informed me that it would be okay and to just tell the server ahead of time. Here is a snippet from the email response: "You will be happy to know that you most certainly can use your Disney Dining Plan dining credits to pay for other Guest meals who are not part of your party. As was said on the Disney Parks Blog be sure to inform your Food & Beverage Cast Members so they can make note of this when submitting your order.".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter