Dining Plan Question

BilbooToo

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Used to be a yearly visitor (and shareholder) to DLP, but it’s been 10 years now since my last visit - been a regular at WDW since so more accustomed to how it works there these days.

On my last visit everyone got a hotel breakfast, however I understand that’s now gone and as suched we’ve booked the Standard Half-Board Dining Plan, and staying at the Hotel Cheyenne.

Breakfast seems pretty straightforward, we hand over a voucher and then get access to the buffet breakfast - correct?

Lunch/dinner seems slightly more convoluted, as I understand we’ve got access to a limited number of buffet locations however the voucher also has a ‘value’ which can be redeemed at other locations.

Couple of questions on the back of this please...

- Is my understanding above correct?
- Do the buffet locations get busy and should I pre-book (we’re going mid week in the middle of September)?
- What is the value of the voucher?
- Can it be used as a ‘value” in any DLP (park, hotel, DV) restaurant, or are there notable exceptions?
- Can we use the ‘value’ against any menu items, or is it a restricted / set menu?

Many thanks in advance, and apologies if these questions have been asked before - I did look back a bit and couldn’t get an answer.

Regards
John

Last edited:
- Yes you have understood it all correctly
- The restaurants are all starting to get busier especially as more people are getting the meal plan and so it is often advisable now to prebook. You dont get charged if you dont turn up for a reservation but it goes without saying its polite to cancel if you change your mind.
- Sorry I dont know the value of the voucher but it can be used at most buffet or table service restaurants in the parks/village or hotels. The exceptions being those that are not owned by Disney in the Village - Planet Hollywood, Rain Forest, Ludwigs and a couple of new ones 5 Guys and Vapiano
- It can be used against any menu item (but I dont think against alcohol)

Thanks for explaining all this to OP-they are all the same questions we have-we are there a couple of weeks before you John, and at Cheyenne too. Can anyone confirm you don't need to book for breakfast? I have been booking our meals online through the Dutch website but no times come up at the Chuck wagon for breakfast.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Hobbes - Enjoy your trip, and it would be good to hear your Dining Plan experience when you get back! 😀

I booked half board with a Newport Bay reservation. How can I tell whether or not it’s standard or plus? It doesn’t seem to be indicated on my reservation.

Can i tag a question onto here, and ask what the breakfast is like at Cheyenne now?

Can i tag a question onto here, and ask what the breakfast is like at Cheyenne now?
I don't think the breakfast has changed in the past 10 years ;) I would put "breakfast" and "cheyenne" in Google image search or YouTube to get an idea.

It is mainly bread, croissants, pain du chocolat, butter, nutella, ham, cheese and yoghurt, if I remember correctly.

I don't think the breakfast has changed in the past 10 years ;) I would put "breakfast" and "cheyenne" in Google image search or YouTube to get an idea.

It is mainly bread, croissants, pain du chocolat, butter, nutella, ham, cheese and yoghurt, if I remember correctly.

Ok, cool. I just assumed that they had changed it from when they stopped doing the free breakfast (from about 4 years ago)

Ok, cool. I just assumed that they had changed it from when they stopped doing the free breakfast (from about 4 years ago)
To add, I looked up some videos, and it seems there are now also some hot dishes I do not remember, but there seem to be scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon as well (and I forgot the cereals).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!